Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Cyborg #3

Cyborg is our only defense against a freakish new army of invading metal aliens known as the Technosapiens. Plus, the Tekbreakers are back! They killed him the last time-are they back to finish the job?!

Full preview here.

The art is gorgeous, but the writing still leaves a lot to be desired.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I really hope this picks up soon.

This books really hitting its stride now you can tell. Can;t wait
    The J-man

Always Rakzo

Eh, this was pretty average still.

Also, there was a huge issue about the transition between this chapter and the last one. The story here opened with the battle being already told without saying how they arrived. The pacing is pretty problematic.

Dialogue flowed way better in this issue, so I'm happy about that. The twist was also pretty intriguing. I could have sworn the mysterious character was Sebastian. With a couple of tweaks, this could have made for a good issue 1. Issue also gets props for having Batgirl be in Batman's spot on the Justice League.

The Metal Men felt forced. It doesn't help I don't care for them at all. I also agree with Rakzo about the transitioning.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I didn't mind this issue, I kinda like the Technosapiens. Not into the Metal Men being here at all, but it wasn't horrible.

Rakzo is right about the weird jump from last issue, jarring. I really want this book to try harder to do its own thing. Go into a more cyberpunk domain, all the elements are there for a wild story- just needs a bit more elbow grease and daring-do.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 10-07-2015 at 01:39 PM.

Anyone else felt that Will was drawn looking too young?

Very nice issue. Loved the Metal Men appearing. Stories really picking up nicely.

Not sure how I feel about the reveal at the end tho
    The J-man

That 24 hour gap seemed really eventful. I would've liked for that to have been its own issue, but that being said, I still really enjoyed this one.

And yes, Jabare - I thought the Metal Men appearing was really great, too! Definitely fits the theme of the comic. And they injected some light humour, which was nice, too.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

My favorite part was definitely the Metal Men making a guest showing.

The Art, as always, is amazing
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Glad i added this to my pull. The writing isn't exactly amazing, but Reis kills it on them pencils. It was a bummer to see a fill in artist on some scenes this month... also, I live in metro Detroit so it's pretty darn cool to see Ivan Reis draw landmarks and locations i've seen all my life!

Incredible Member

I'm liking it, and I wonder if Cyborg will find a way to take out all the people stuck in those metal shells
    Also, I wonder if this book will pick on the plot thread that Vic's body is growing back.
    Ins't Cyborg pretty much a living mother box now? That would explain why the technosapien hear a song, and why Vic's body is healing.

Minor-ish complaint: Am I the only one who finds a bit daft that Vic walks around without nary a protection on his organics? He already lost a lot, and they're way more delicate than the cybernetics.

I have to agree, it really feels like there is a missing issue. It was a little better than the last two. They made up for the lack of action with nothing but action. I enjoyed it.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    I have to agree, it really feels like there is a missing issue. It was a little better than the last two. They made up for the lack of action with nothing but action. I enjoyed it.
    Yeah, those missing 24 hours would have made for a really cool kind of "outbreak" issue. See some cyber-zombie action.

More importantly, the friend that gets converted would have had a more appropriate arc. We would have "seen", as opposed to "inferred" how his transformation negatively impacted him and just how bad he's become, if at all.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!