BANNED

Default Nods to Akihabara: What If...our universe were occupied by the Slayers Universe?

Like it says on the tin.

Our scientists, while studying String Theory, open a portal through which comes not the Mist, but RUBY EYES SHABRANIGDO! Yes, its even worse than the Mist because he doesn't come in pieces; Shabby appears as a complete entity, as he was in his fight against Celpheed!

The Mazoku Lords follow, and so-on, so-forth.

Until the point where Naga clones begin to appear, causing mass suicides and some redhead madwoman begins blowing up entire cities with Dragon Slaves.

We have become occupied by the Slayers Universe.

Can we survive?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Eh, they got handled by swords and Dark Magic. some Snipers and co-ax ought to sort the situation out just fine.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Eh, they got handled by swords and Dark Magic. some Snipers and co-ax ought to sort the situation out just fine.

Not remotely. Shabranigdo, as a complete entity was only defeated by Ceipheed, his near equal and opposite. And Shabranigdo was created to destroy a universe.

Ruby Eyes effectively subjugates the world. The guy was taking nuke-level blasts and not even being phased by it. There is nothing humanity can do against him.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Our only hope for being effective in the Shabby/Cephied war is if Cephied can help us make our technology effective against Mazoku. Otherwise, while we'll completely dominate lesser demons and monsters, we can't hurt anything else. Even if she could though, the fight would still pretty much just come down to Cephy vs Shabby. We might give her a slight advantage that she didn't have in her own world just because we're able to effectively protect ourselves from anything lower than actual mazoku.

IIRC, we don't really know exactly how the whole Cephy/Shabby war went down in the Slayers world, so if it's something where it went on for a protracted period of time, we should become far more effective as we develop new technology. Still ain't gonna touch Shabby though, so again, it still all comes down to that fight.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 06-07-2014 at 08:38 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

I cannot think of anything we have tech-wise that would work on a Mazoku. So unless we get Celphied and the Dragons crossing over to lend a hand, we are going to get wiped out. We would be fighting opponents we could not do any meaningful damage to, that literally feeds off of our despair and negative emotions.

Huh, weird thought - at the very least the there is some conversion between universes (the Sword of Light in Slayers would be a space-battleship in Lost Universe, for example), so I wonder what Shabrinegdo would show up as?
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

IIRC, assuming atraight translation (as opposed to Lost Universe's conversion feat that Melchior mentioned) Shabranigdo being active in a world had a psychic side-effect that riled everyone up and promoted warfare. So I suspect things end in a nuclear cataclysm, the follow-up nuclear winter, and the final mop-up of survivors by amused Mazoku.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I cannot think of anything we have tech-wise that would work on a Mazoku. So unless we get Celphied and the Dragons crossing over to lend a hand
    Yeah, basically. I'm assuming that the OP mean to have EVERYTHING from the Slayers universe show up, not just the baddies. HOWEVER, from the novels, we know that silver can transmit enough will to have an effect on lower level Mazoku, and if we start seeing invincible monsters well, probably someone is going to try silver at some point. In a protracted conflict, we could conceivably build that into an understanding of exactly how to hurt them. Plus, Mazoku showing up means magic will work, so people could start getting a handle on that too, and then maybe magitech? Who knows.

So I suspect things end in a nuclear cataclysm, the follow-up nuclear winter, and the final mop-up of survivors by amused Mazoku.
    I think we're actually not-too-badly set up to avert that sort of thing, at least in the short term. Military bureaucracy pretty heavily mitigates the ability of anyone to just go ape-shit and start nuking the world. It would have to be at a point where it was affecting the whole chain of command, which I would certainly buy, but it might take awhile, and having a big horrible monster could do wonders for unifying nations as well. I don't think Shabby really has any feats for global fear auras, so while I believe he probably totally has one, it's hard to say exactly how powerfully it would affect geopolitics.

Like it could ramp up all these little proxy wars and shit like Israel/Palestine to the point where they started pulling other nations in, but the thing is at the same time you've got giant horrible monsters everywhere, which should do a really good job of making other nations just completely stop giving a shit about those problems. Like Shabby ain't exactly King Subtlety, gradually manipulating all the emperors into destructive wars.

Edit: I remember him having an aura that made MONSTERS more violent.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 06-08-2014 at 08:16 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands