Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default 10 More Deep Cut X-Men TV Shows for Fox

With shows based on the Hellfire Club and Legion in the works, here are even more ideas for TV shows that dive deep into X-Mythology.

Full article here.

BANNED

Brett White is so pressed that they didn't announce the shows he wanted.

Well, this article certainly makes me feel that while personally it's not the show I would have gone for, Fox choose far from the worst.

Spectacular Member

You could probably make a twisted comedy series using the Coffee A Go-Go characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    Brett White is so pressed that they didn't announce the shows he wanted.
    The decisions aren't even that baffling. They went with characters who probably aren't gonna be used in the movies anytime soon, which is understandable. The AOS and Marvel Netflix writers said the same thing, that basically anyone potentially primed for a movie appearance is more or less off-limits.

a New X-Men show

people love teens with powers and teenage angst
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    a New X-Men show

people love teens with powers and teenage angst
    This is what I'd go for. Especially if it used the KYost cast (X-23, Hellion, Surge, Rockslide...)

Also:

Dr. Nemesis.

It would be like House. If House was a mad scientist superhero.

The funny thing is, with Maverick, They could make it into a modern interpretation of the old TV show just with mutants and super powers and it'd still be the same show.

How did Exiles not make this list? This is literally the BEST show idea for FOX. Here's the basic premise for those who've forgotten:

The multiverse is broken and it's up to five time/reality displaced mutants to fix it, one universe at a time. Guided by the mysterious Timebroker and their Tallus control device, these weary travelers look to make wrong what was once right -- if they can.

The series writes itself. It's the mutant version of "Sliders," which is appropriate since Judd Winnick originally based the concept on "Sliders" - and "Quantum Leap." You don't have to worry about using characters (or actors) that have already been in the movies before or stepping on any toes because that's the joy of alternate reality dupes. You can build a series that is both serial and episodic, meaning that you can have a narrative that runs through the show as well as having stand alone episodes. This would basically be FOX's second bite at the apple since they so thoroughly screwed up when they let "Slider" go to SyFy after S3 and totally stopped giving a crap after the end of S2.

Think about the potential roster:

- Clarice Ferguson (aka Blink): We've already seen this character in DoFP. We know how cool it could be and, frankly, the VFX involved for portal teleportation is pretty simple (and cheap) to do these days.
    - Morph: Here's your comic relief. Slap some prosthetics on him and use some easy peasy morphing, also cheap & easy to do these days, for a true to the source accurate character.
    - Calvin Rankin (aka Mimic): Now's when you get to have your cake & eat it too. The power of the O5 in a character who's basically a tabula rasa for TV audiences. Telepathy, TK, optic blasts, strength/agility, ice, & flight. A power's VFX gets too expensive to keep on creating? Simple. Trade it away for a cheaper to do one.
    - Magnus Lehnsherr: He's the son of another reality's Magneto & (possibly) Rogue. He died early in the comics, but I'd keep him here. Inheriting his dad's power, he's brash & arrogant, but trying to live down his father's legacy. Nobody trusts him.
    - Laura Kinney (aka X-23): Every X-Men property needs a Wolverine, right? X-23 is just the Wolverine you ordered. She's mysterious, dangerous, and a clone of a man she never met. Can learn to be normal from these misfits?

Of course, you've got the mysterious Timebroker who kinda pops up every now and then to drop clues and send them off on missions. Functionally, he'd be like a combination of Zordon from "Power Rangers" and Dungeon Master from "Dungeons & Dragons."

This premise would allow you to visit some classic storylines as well. Plus, imagine having these character meet evil versions of themselves or versions where they died or hooked up. "Exiles" could be FOX's direct assault on DC/WB's own "Legends or Tomorrow" too.

It would be a HUGE mistake not to use this property. It's perfect for a weekly series and can't possibly hurt their films.

BTW: I know. I know. I've offended you Nocturne fans. I love her too. I just think that two characters in heavy makeup is enough work to do on an ongoing basis. Plus, the additions of Magnus & X-23 would provide some much needed conflict that the happy go lucky Talia couldn't. Comparatively, she's too "fluffy" and would fill a levity gap that's already being provided by Morph.
    Last edited by juggalord; 10-17-2015 at 09:45 AM.

BANNED

Prolly Siryn and Reyes but the rest, no.

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure you can have shows that feature the likes of Graydon Creed and Mr. Sinister, evil people with no redeeming values, as protagonists. Its hard to sell a show that features such irredeemably evil people as the protagonist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    I'm not sure you can have shows that feature the likes of Graydon Creed and Mr. Sinister, evil people with no redeeming values, as protagonists. Its hard to sell a show that features such irredeemably evil people as the protagonist.
    True. That's why I'm not really happy with the Hellfire.

Why are the villains the spotlight especially that the x-men superheroes didn't have their own tv series yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post

Why are the villains the spotlight especially that the x-men superheroes didn't have their own tv series yet.
    Blame the movies for casting every X-Men of important but only trying to do justice to two (three counting Magneto).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post

Too be fair, if Emma Frost is the protagonist in the Helllfire, she can have a character arc where she starts out as a bad person, but gets better over time. It doesn't seem like Graydon creed and Sinister would have any sort of arc, because they are evil people who do evil things and never seem to want to change.

There is a difference between a villain with sympathetic qualities who could change for the better and a villain with no redeeming qualities who will never change. Its easier to make the sympathetic villain the protagonist over the pure evil villains.

They can just use Cecilia Reyes in Legion. I think a Morlocks show would be dope.