View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8House #4: Yorris (part 1)

4 10.53%
  • Axend #1

0 0%
  • Codename Baboushka: Conclave of Death #1

0 0%
  • Copperhead #10

2 5.26%
  • Dark Corridor #3

0 0%
  • The Humans #8

1 2.63%
  • Minimum Wage: So Many Bad Decision #6 (of 6)

1 2.63%
  • Nailbiter #16

1 2.63%
  • Paper Girls #1

17 44.74%
  • Plutona #2

2 5.26%
  • Saints #1

0 0%
  • Southern Bastards #11

8 21.05%
  • Starve #5

0 0%
  • The Surface #4

1 2.63%
  • We Stand On Guard #4 (of 6)

1 2.63%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 41 - FOUR new series debut this week!

Welcome everyone, vote for your favourite Image comic of this week, and let's chat!

Last week didn't gather whole lot of votes, but Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses won the poll handily for the second time this year!

This weeks is absolutely packed though: 8House launches a new storyline & creative team, Copperhead ends its second arc, Minimum Wage: So Many Bad Decisions ends its run as scheduled, Nailbiter celebrates Halloween very early with a special issue, Starve ends its first arc, Postal #4 gets Comicpalooze reprints, and We Stand On Guard reprints its first issue!

And I've not even mentioned all the new series debuting! There's too many to even display all the covers! Let's go:

1.) Axend, in which a video game crosses over into our world for a story described as Tron-meets-Inception.
    2.) Codename Baboushka: Conclave of Death posits the typical Bond-girl as the actual hero of a spy story.
    3.) Paper Girls is Brian K. Vaughan's new series with Cliff Chiang on art, about newspaper delivery girls finding something mysterious.
    4.) Saints is a crime/horror in which a Holy War erupts, and our characters have unwittingly been drafted to fight for a Heaven that God has long since abandoned.

230256.jpg 230257.jpg 230254.jpg

And here's the cover to the new series Saints, which didn't fit in the post above. Busy week! What are y'all reading?

230259_s0.jpg

This is one of the biggest weeks for me. From Image I got Copperhead, Nailbiter, Paper Girls, Southern Bastards. Also picking up Annie Bonnie, Goon Once Upon a Hard Time, Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition Box Set, and Wasteland Apocalyptic Edition Deluxe vol 5. Will be back to do some reviews, really excited for Paper Girls.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 10-07-2015 at 09:08 AM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Heavy week for me this week -- so many titles overall I couldn't even fit Codename Baboushka in the budget. Next week, then. I did wind up getting We Stand on Guard, 8House, Papergirls, Plutonia, and We Stand on Guard. Votes after I have a chance to read!

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

This is the best week of Image comics in awhile for me. Very much looking forward to Copperhead's second story arc conclusion and seeing what happens with The Humans after the cliffhanger from the last issue. The second issue of Plutona coming out is great too, but right now I'm more interested in the short back-up story dealing with Plutona's last adventure. I've been enjoying We Stand on Guard, and I'll be reading it till the end and most likely will buy the trade when it comes out.

Also interested in checking out all four of the new Image comics coming out. Out of everything coming out this week from Image, I'll only be buying two of them: Paper Girls #1 and Codename Baboushka #1.

I'm waiting to see if hardcover books come out collecting the first two story arcs/volumes of Copperhead and The Humans.

[1000th post!]
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Only SOuthern Bastards for me, which is fine, that was all the comics I needed.

Southern Bastards and The Humans are the big battle for my vote. Maybe Paper Girls or Plutona can steal the vote if the big 2 somehow disappoint me.

Hard to get hyped for Image on Marvel's New 52 day.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

It's been a while guys, but I'm back to regularly reading and reviewing comcis. As such, I'm back to reading Image books as well. Here's the breakdown for everything this week Indie related.

Southern Bastards #11
    Assassination Classroom Vol. 6
    Paper Girls #1
    Plutona #2
    Survivor's Club #1

Pick of the week for Image and for comics goes to Southern Bastards. Big step up from the last issue in my mind.

Worst book of the week sadly goes to Vertigo's new series Survivors' Club. Good premise and ideas, terrible execution and sloppy writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Frankly, it's for me to get hyped for Image and Marvel due to this week being the beginning of Vertigo's hopeful comeback. A brand new series or mini-series every week until January! Sure, we had a misstep with the first book, but next week is Twilight Children by Gilbert Hernandez and Darwyn Cooke! Soooo excited!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    It's been a while guys, but I'm back to regularly reading and reviewing comcis. As such, I'm back to reading Image books as well. Here's the breakdown for everything this week Indie related.

Southern Bastards #11
    Assassination Classroom Vol. 6
    Paper Girls #1
    Plutona #2
    Survivor's Club #1

Pick of the week for Image and for comics goes to Southern Bastards. Big step up from the last issue in my mind.

Worst book of the week sadly goes to Vertigo's new series Survivors' Club. Good premise and ideas, terrible execution and sloppy writing.

Frankly, it's for me to get hyped for Image and Marvel due to this week being the beginning of Vertigo's hopeful comeback. A brand new series or mini-series every week until January! Sure, we had a misstep with the first book, but next week is Twilight Children by Gilbert Hernandez and Darwyn Cooke! Soooo excited!
    Welcome back, where have you been?
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Good to have ya back! That's a little dissapointing to hear though, but honestly with like 12 new titles there were bound to be some misses. Twilight Children is the big one for me as well.

Wait what's Marvel doing this time? Not being sarcastic, I only read Miles Morales from them so am a little out of the loop. Is Secret Wars over already and are they relaunching everything? I was gonna check out Weirdworld, seemed pretty unusual compared to their general output.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Wait what's Marvel doing this time? Not being sarcastic, I only read Miles Morales from them so am a little out of the loop. Is Secret Wars over already and are they relaunching everything? I was gonna check out Weirdworld, seemed pretty unusual compared to their general output.
    Secret Wars was plagued with delays and they had to relaunch with it still unfinished LOL.
    Secret Wars #6 of 8 came out today, along with a ton of #1s.

Yep, Southern Bastards had a great issue this month. But I'm not ready to view this new character as our new hero. The last time I thought I knew who the books hero was, it didn't go so well for them...

And I'll be on the lookout for those new Vertigo books. Hopefully they (Vertigo) get their groove back.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 10-07-2015 at 06:20 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Welcome back, where have you been?
    Started a brand new semester in college and I had to figure out a groove to get into. A lot of homework, more hours working on campus, and trickier classes. I figured out now the right schedule and pace to work at so I can squeeze in reviewing more comics.

Been also focusing on reviewing more manga (Kodansha Comics is now a company that sends books, which gives me access to Attack on Titan, Noragami, and others).

Good to have ya back! That's a little dissapointing to hear though, but honestly with like 12 new titles there were bound to be some misses. Twilight Children is the big one for me as well.
    I'm also excited for Art Ops (Mike Allred!), Slash & Burn (like the premise and I'm still hunting for Si Spencer book I will like), and The Sheriff of Baghdad (Tom King!)

Yep, Southern Bastards had a great issue this month. But I'm not ready to view this new character as our new hero. The last time I thought I knew who the books hero was, it didn't go so well for them...

And I'll be on the lookout for those new Vertigo books. Hopefully they (Vertigo) get their groove back.
    I'm hoping for Vertigo to get their groove back as well. Vertigo is to me what Image Comics is to you guys.

Secret Wars was plagued with delays and they had to relaunch with it still unfinished LOL.
    Secret Wars #6 of 8 came out today, along with a ton of #1s.
    Ah okay thanks, completely missed all of this somehow! Hopefully for them none of the new series end up spoiling the conclusion of their crossover then haha. Just had a quick look at the books they're releasing, kinda cool to see they're doing oddball stuff like Contest of Champions, and even a Black Knight series. Some first issues are 5 bucks though!!!

Much prefer the "double page count for 3$" approach Paper Girls is doing this week for example, but oh well what do I know about spreadsheets.

It isn't called Southern Heroes for a reason. I don't think the book's ever going to settle on a "hero". Maybe Tubbs' daughter, but again, I think the answer is in the title.

Hopefully for them none of the new series end up spoiling the conclusion of their crossover then haha.
    They've spoiled about 75% of the ending of Secret Wars at this point LOL it is a huge cluster-fudge

Attack on Titan, Noragami
    Two good ones right there.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 10-07-2015 at 07:50 PM.