View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8House #4: Yorris (part 1)

4 10.53%
  • Axend #1

0 0%
  • Codename Baboushka: Conclave of Death #1

0 0%
  • Copperhead #10

2 5.26%
  • Dark Corridor #3

0 0%
  • The Humans #8

1 2.63%
  • Minimum Wage: So Many Bad Decision #6 (of 6)

1 2.63%
  • Nailbiter #16

1 2.63%
  • Paper Girls #1

17 44.74%
  • Plutona #2

2 5.26%
  • Saints #1

0 0%
  • Southern Bastards #11

8 21.05%
  • Starve #5

0 0%
  • The Surface #4

1 2.63%
  • We Stand On Guard #4 (of 6)

1 2.63%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Image Comics poll week 41 - FOUR new series debut this week!

Welcome everyone, vote for your favourite Image comic of this week, and let's chat!

Last week didn't gather whole lot of votes, but Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses won the poll handily for the second time this year!

This weeks is absolutely packed though: 8House launches a new storyline & creative team, Copperhead ends its second arc, Minimum Wage: So Many Bad Decisions ends its run as scheduled, Nailbiter celebrates Halloween very early with a special issue, Starve ends its first arc, Postal #4 gets Comicpalooze reprints, and We Stand On Guard reprints its first issue!

And I've not even mentioned all the new series debuting! There's too many to even display all the covers! Let's go:

1.) Axend, in which a video game crosses over into our world for a story described as Tron-meets-Inception.
    2.) Codename Baboushka: Conclave of Death posits the typical Bond-girl as the actual hero of a spy story.
    3.) Paper Girls is Brian K. Vaughan's new series with Cliff Chiang on art, about newspaper delivery girls finding something mysterious.
    4.) Saints is a crime/horror in which a Holy War erupts, and our characters have unwittingly been drafted to fight for a Heaven that God has long since abandoned.

230256.jpg 230257.jpg 230254.jpg

And here's the cover to the new series Saints, which didn't fit in the post above. Busy week! What are y'all reading?

230259_s0.jpg

This is one of the biggest weeks for me. From Image I got Copperhead, Nailbiter, Paper Girls, Southern Bastards. Also picking up Annie Bonnie, Goon Once Upon a Hard Time, Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition Box Set, and Wasteland Apocalyptic Edition Deluxe vol 5. Will be back to do some reviews, really excited for Paper Girls.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 10-07-2015 at 09:08 AM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Heavy week for me this week -- so many titles overall I couldn't even fit Codename Baboushka in the budget. Next week, then. I did wind up getting We Stand on Guard, 8House, Papergirls, Plutonia, and We Stand on Guard. Votes after I have a chance to read!

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

This is the best week of Image comics in awhile for me. Very much looking forward to Copperhead's second story arc conclusion and seeing what happens with The Humans after the cliffhanger from the last issue. The second issue of Plutona coming out is great too, but right now I'm more interested in the short back-up story dealing with Plutona's last adventure. I've been enjoying We Stand on Guard, and I'll be reading it till the end and most likely will buy the trade when it comes out.

Also interested in checking out all four of the new Image comics coming out. Out of everything coming out this week from Image, I'll only be buying two of them: Paper Girls #1 and Codename Baboushka #1.

I'm waiting to see if hardcover books come out collecting the first two story arcs/volumes of Copperhead and The Humans.

[1000th post!]
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Only SOuthern Bastards for me, which is fine, that was all the comics I needed.