View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8House #4: Yorris (part 1)

4 10.53%
  • Axend #1

0 0%
  • Codename Baboushka: Conclave of Death #1

0 0%
  • Copperhead #10

2 5.26%
  • Dark Corridor #3

0 0%
  • The Humans #8

1 2.63%
  • Minimum Wage: So Many Bad Decision #6 (of 6)

1 2.63%
  • Nailbiter #16

1 2.63%
  • Paper Girls #1

17 44.74%
  • Plutona #2

2 5.26%
  • Saints #1

0 0%
  • Southern Bastards #11

8 21.05%
  • Starve #5

0 0%
  • The Surface #4

1 2.63%
  • We Stand On Guard #4 (of 6)

1 2.63%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Nice to have a strong Image week after a bunch of really weak ones. My rankings:

1. Paper Girls - this was really, really good. I wasn't too excited for this series compared to most but BKV showed up in top form here (I think Saga's last arc was a big step down and didn't care for We Stand On Guard). Chiang's work was on-point. This felt like all creators did a lot of research to make the book feel authentic. The pacing was fantastic and the last ten or so pages felt genuinely scary, much more so than most horror comics on the market. Great, great job by all parties here.

2. Southern Bastards - not my favorite issue of the series, but typical SB quality.

3. Plutona - good enough to keep going. Lenox's art is really nice and Bellaire's colors are just wonderful, it is amazing how drastically she can modify her style from project to project. Lemire is definitely operating within his safe zone (kids, golden age superheroes, loss of innocence) but he's doing a good job.

All books were really solid. Great week for Image Comics. Whenever I dabble in superhero stuff anymore (DC / Marvel) by and large it disappoints me and just reinforces how much better Image's output is. Their top books slaughter the competition. It's like comparing fast food (and not even particularly good fast food) to a five-star restaurant.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Amazing Member

Did anyone else drop a letter with a SASE to the newspaper guild from the ad in the back of Paper Girls?

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Yep, Yosaltenberg, I also wrote "Petey". But of course!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet