Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    * - my memory may be slightly less than perfect

~+~

[Int. Castle Doom. GOD DOOM stands facing holograms of MADELYNE PRYOR, APOCALYPSE, SINISTER and THE MAESTRO.]

DOOM: Doom has summoned you all here to discuss the threat of this skull-face guy. What do you know of him?

MAESTRO: I haven't played all the way through yet but I think he's a war orphan who's trying to kill languages...

DOOM: What?

APOCALYPSE: Oh, you're on Phantom Pain as well, bro? You at the part where the plague gets released on your base and -

[Sudden peal of thunder!]

DOOM: NO! There will be no spoilers within Doomstadt!

[Murmur of reluctant assent.]

DOOM: Pryor, you're being very quiet. Is Doom to take this as an admission of guilt?

MADELYNE: Is my loyalty not apparent? Is my love not unconditional?

DOOM: Shhh, not so loud - the Official Wife of Doom is in the next chamber.

MADELYNE: Really? [raised voice] Oh my lord, why don't you come see me in Limbo more often, I've been soooo lonelyyyy!

DOOM: You shut the **** up or Doom swears to Himself he will explode your face.

MADELYNE: Fine. I'm still innocent, though. Except for all the Hell stuff.

DOOM: Hmph. And the rest of you?

MAESTRO: You already know I hate you. I have openly said I want to steal your throne, to your face, several times.

DOOM: Yes, Doom acknowledges you as the Starscream to his Megatron. What's your point?

MAESTRO: Point is, if I'm dumb enough to tell you I'm going to rebel against you, why wouldn't I also take credit for this if it was me?

DOOM: Fine. You?

SINISTER: We-e-ell, I think you're all aware by now that I am a habitual liar -

ALL: We know.

SINISTER: - so I'm not really sure what I should say here, if none of you are going to believe me anyway.

DOOM: Never mind you, then.

SINISTER: But, uh, just so we're clear, I totally didn't find and capture one of those fugitives you're so worked up about three weeks ago and never told you.

DOOM: You did WHA -

SINISTER: Also, I certainly haven't made a bunch of theoretically-subservient yet still very punch-happy clones of said fugitive. Which I don't have.

DOOM: Why are you always cloning - ?

SINISTER: And for the record, even if there were some truth in those previous two self-allegations, I have most definitely not been spending my nights in the company of one of said clones, bent over her knee, getting the living hell smacked out of my taut alabaster posterior and begging for more.

DOOM: Oh, for -

SINISTER: After she blindfolds me with that cute little red sash...

DOOM: Too much information!

SINISTER: [whispering] She likes it when I call her 'captain'.

DOOM: DOOM DID NOT NEED TO HEAR THAT!

MADELYNE: On the plus side, all this talk about sex-kink is the closest I've ever come to liking Sinister.

SINISTER: Maybe I should invite you over sometime!

MADELYNE: Don't get me wrong, I still wanna kill you for looking like the guy I hated most in the world, except with douchier facial hair.

SINISTER: I take it back - what do you mean 'douchey'? What's wrong with my goatee?

MAESTRO: It does look pretty s***.

SINISTER: Speak for yourself, neckbeard.

MAESTRO: This is a MAN's mane! Or a Hulk's mane. Which is better 'cause it's both macho and so full of radiation a single hair could poison a whole village.

DOOM: SILENCE! Hhhhh...Apocalypse, please say something sensible about the Prophet.

APOCALYPSE: Oh, that's who you meant? Yeah, he's been rounding up unbelievers into a personal army, and he totally took over that one kingdom ruled by a Moon Knight and a Black Panther who's an actual panther.

DOOM: How could my people lose their faith in Doom so quickly...?

APOCALYPSE: Because you haven't done ****?

DOOM: What?

APOCALYPSE: Seriously, we've had fugitives running all over the place, upheaval in every domain, and now a vigilante army about to beat down the walls of Doomstadt, and you haven't done anything.

MAESTRO: Not a single thing.

DOOM: That's...erm...

MADELYNE: Where have you even been these last three weeks?

DOOM: Doom was...delayed.

APOCALYPSE: 'Delayed'?

DOOM: Just as you all bow before Doom, so must Doom in turn bend his knee to the only power higher than his...the publishers. [shivers] Anyway...suggestions?

APOCALYPSE: I have an idea!

SINISTER: Let me guess - it somehow involves the merits of strength and fitness?

APOCALYPSE: It does! Wait, was that mockery?

SINISTER: I'd never!

APOCALYPSE: These rebels, God, have shown that their spirit is weak, which is the opposite of strong, which is what you are, so you should, uh, prove yourself to be stronger and also fittest by...by hitting them a bunch? That one got away from me.

DOOM: Doom would rather not waste his Thors on this Prophet and his army.

MAESTRO: Why not? You have thousands of hammer boys willing to die stupidly at the drop of a hat.

DOOM: True, but as soon as Doom puts more than five of them in close vicinity they start to sweat real badly and it stinks of cheese. And Doom would remind you that Doom is the one who has to live near them. So Doom decrees this task shall be yours. Do not fail!

APOCALYPSE: I would honestly love to help but I can't. I'm kinda dead.

DOOM: ...what.

APOCALYPSE: Yeah, I died over a fortnight ago. Released a super-dangerous anti-mutant virus in my own kingdom, and it dissolved me into a big puddle of goo.

DOOM: ...okay, first of all, so Doom knows he's got this right: you unleashed a deadly virus...and infected yourself with it?

APOCALYPSE: Well, yeah, when you say it like THAT it sounds really dumb, but it made sense at the time!

DOOM: And second, how are you still here?

APOCALYPSE: You called, I answered. Apparently your awesome hologram Skype tech still works in the afterlife.

SINISTER: Why did you release that virus, anyway?

APOCALYPSE: To ensure only the strongest would survive!

MADELYNE: Which, apparently, wasn't you.

APOCALYPSE: Uhm...yes. Which was a bit of a shock, not gonna lie.

MAESTRO: I always knew you were a wuss.

APOCALYPSE: Mother****er, I would kick your wrinkly green ass RIGHT HERE if I wasn't basically a ghost!

DOOM: SILENCE AGAIN! Is anyone willing to take this one?

MAESTRO: Depends. Have I attacked you yet?

DOOM: ...Doom begs your pardon?!

MAESTRO: I've been building up my forces for ages, and I thought I already had made my move, but I'm still here and you're still here and you're not mad, so...

DOOM: Doom feels a headache brewing. Where are all of Doom's other Barons? The good Barons? Why is Pryor here and not Summers?

MADELYNE: Also dead. So are all his X-Men, and the Darkchild, as of last week. I got the big chair again.

SINISTER: Aren't you supposed to have horns and a tail also?

MADELYNE: I traded those so I could get my underboob back.

SINISTER: Good choice.

APOCALYPSE: Baron Mordo's dead, too. M.O.D.O.K. replaced him...

DOOM: Ugh, Doom is not in the mood to be dealing with M.O.D.O.K. today...how about Baron Kelly?

SINISTER: Which? There's two Baron Kellys.

DOOM: Seriously?

MADELYNE: Yeah, last time we had a full meeting here, we had to get Apocalypse to bulk up and stand between them so they wouldn't get freaked out.

SINISTER: Why did you want two different versions of that guy lording over domains? He's rubbish.

DOOM: ...Doom doesn't remember.

MAESTRO: Brilliant. Look, I'm outta here, gotta get around to attacking you. Or not. Basically I need to figure out if time is still working.

[Exit MAESTRO.]

APOCALYPSE: Me too, gotta go, uh, be dead some more.

[Exit APOCALYPSE.]

MADELYNE: I'll think about sending some help over, but I'm still trying to stop the demons and goblins from eating each other, and my son from shooting them all. Call me!

DOOM: Later. Uh, Doom means shut up not in front of the wife.

[Exit MADELYNE.]

DOOM: Doom supposes you're too busy to help too, then, Baron Sinister?

SINISTER: Oh, I totally could help. I'm just not gonna bother 'cause I'm a dick. Smell ya later!

[Exit SINISTER.]

DOOM: Doom hates everything.

~+~

(Yeah, I know. Got too much time on my hands.)
    This is gold, and perfectly sums up that meeting.

How old is Franklin? Based on Sue's story he is Dooms child and have to be at most 7 or 8. However he looks older than that, it could be the just be the way the art is, but I think there is still a chance that these are the 616 versions.

Doom is still really creepy with copying Reeds family, it doesn't matter if they are alternate versions.
    Of all the women to chose from, he chose Susan Storm and named the kids the exact same names. If they are 616 it is slightly worse, but even as alternates, it's really creepy.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    It's a pretty big revelation regarding the fate of one of the central characters of Secret Wars.

What exactly it means for the Secret Wars story, and how it comes to be, we probably won't know until the end of Secret Wars #9, but it's more than just "Hey, the Marvel Universe isn't destroyed anymore."
    So... any advice for someone who wants to finish secret wars before reading anything else (if Marvel can make me wait a couple of months for an issue, they can wait a couple of months for my money). Avoid these boards after today?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    How old is Franklin? Based on Sue's story he is Dooms child and have to be at most 7 or 8. However he looks older than that, it could be the just be the way the art is, but I think there is still a chance that these are the 616 versions.

Doom is still really creepy with copying Reeds family, it doesn't matter if they are alternate versions.
    Of all the women to chose from, he chose Susan Storm and named the kids the exact same names. If they are 616 it is slightly worse, but even as alternates, it's really creepy.
    I was thinking this Franklin was 12 or so. But it hit me as odd when he's getting a bedtime story at that age. He was really into it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    That's a pretty cool idea although do the raftees even know Johnny is the sun?
    Val or Ben would probably tell them

I hate that Namor going to Johnny idea....

because I will be very disappointed if it doesn't happen.
    LOL! Ben can't fly,Sue is in castle doom & Reed needs to formulate his plans.
    Sure the Fantastic Four can somehow convince him and it would be a touching moment but...........come on use Namor here and i'll forgive u J.Hickman! complete the circle

Namor would definitely go about it in the most brash way which would make for fun reading

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    This is still a great series, but sorting out the Namor/T'Challa situation off-panel was just horrible. I hope there's more to it.
    It IS horrible!
    what happened in those 3 weeks?
    the reality falling apart and we have no kingdoms so let's squash the beef angle could've happened like...before SW..it could even happen mid NA.

i really would like to see what happened between them..maybe strange conjured up a spell of friendship?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Amazing Member

What an issue. The F4 part had me at the edge and brought back so many memories of Hickman's F4 run. Hickman on Reed is always gold. And I don't know why but Namor arriving to Strange's lair from the maw of a giant squid was the highlight of this issue for me lol.

To whoever asking about "The Prophet," thought it was pretty obvious that it was Maximus given the general look of the character (hair) and the fact that Maximus has a degree of telepathic ability, which makes sense for someone depicted as spreading dissent.

I swear man.

Tons of people in #6 who shouldn't even exist. Frustrating, but whatever. I should have just read Secrets Wars in completion first, then read all 20 something separate stories in 2016. Guess this is what happens when you have delays and crappy scheduling.

Book leaves you wanting the next one so bad though. Hate how it is taking so long to finish. I need some action.

Spectacular Member

Especially when this need to prove that he's better than Reed has been an obsession. Battleworld is nothing more but Doom literally living in a fantasy world, which is what Thanos pointed out to Ben.

Amazing Member

People bitch about what an arrogant prick Tony Stark is, but Hickman's version of Carol Danvers may be the most unlikable character in comics.

She's practically sociopathic.

Not much to say about this rest of the issue, except that we're another step closer to the end of this mess. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaric Rivad View Post
    People bitch about what an arrogant prick Tony Stark is, but Hickman's version of Carol Danvers may be the most unlikable character in comics.

She's practically sociopathic.

Not much to say about this rest of the issue, except that we're another step closer to the end of this mess. Yay!
    Since she has Sinister's gem in her forehead, I interpreted the scenes as showing her to be a female clone of his. I am taking this to be a Hickman homage to Gillen's portrayal of Sinister as being willing to go both ways as far as gender goes.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsmithind View Post
    I was thinking this Franklin was 12 or so. But it hit me as odd when he's getting a bedtime story at that age. He was really into it too.
    Given that Franklin can stop his own aging - and others' aging - it's not hard to believe that this is the 616 F4 with altered memories at all. Doom IS that scumbag, and it's the only reason to explain how Franklin and Valeria aren't eight and three, respectively. Because it's clear that they aren't.

Which means that Franklin was born before Battleworld. Before Doom 'saved' Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Since she has Sinister's gem in her forehead, I interpreted the scenes as showing her to be a female clone of his. I am taking this to be a Hickman homage to Gillen's portrayal of Sinister as being willing to go both ways as far as gender goes.
    She is being controlled by him.

Also, Gillen's Sinister wasn't the 'main' Sinister, and the one in Lemire's EXM won't be either. The original Sinister is still out there in Claudine Renko... which still keeps your point.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
    i can now speak without spoiler tags
    honestly i felt the Namor/T'Challa resolution was a little...cop out-y.
    the moments of camaraderie after that though, that's what i'm talking about.

Thanos and Thing, Val and the Spideys.
    THIS IS A GREAT ISSUE!!!

i'm beginning to think swan is indeed Val and is feeding Doom lies to distract him.
    PRoxima and Corvus are expendable. we all know what happens when u imprison a corvus right?!

BTW is'nt maximus the prophet?
    It's Dr. Strange. I feel like that Wong's behind him.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    I don't see this Doom going as low as to steal Reed's wife, and family; not after so much growth as a character, since he's gotten close with Val.

It just wouldn't make sense.
    You never read Fantastic Four issue #12 did you? Yeah that really shows how much he "loves" her and her ideas for a better world.

Doom will always care about Doom, his pride will settle for nothing but total victory over Reed, so i am pretty that he would claim his family for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Is Doom more powerful than an Infinity Gauntlet?
    Guess we'll find out won't we? My answer though is no and it will come down to Reed and him fighting it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    That said, if Sue is from another world then Doom certainly used his power, even if probably unconsciously, to affect her pregnancy and have his children with her be Val and Franklin. It would say a lot about his complex to Reed.
    Yeah... i don't think Doom does anything unconsciously, and even if he did is he not honorable enough to undo it? That's what i keep hearing, that he isn't capable of going this far to spite Reed but there is evidence that shows he has gone that far to hurt him.