Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Blue Beetle, in Jaime's first series, had a really solid chance at capturing the vibe. Sadly he was completely and utterly derailed.
    I liked the New 52 run. It was good. Until he went into space.

Ultimate Spider-man was good but the teen adventure stories with their most popular character wouldn't translate well over to DC

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Hell yeah it could be,it's not like there is a shortage on tales of kon-EL
    Kesel
    Johns
    Lobdell
    Weissman
    Smallville
    Injustice
    Superman family adventures

The red haired freckled faced wally would be a win in any form
    We need a new Kon El Story, badly. You know this is true.

And I meant like a Young Kal-El is a different universe.

I'm a Wally fan, if they gave me my freckled Flash back, I would buy every variant cover.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    I liked the New 52 run. It was good. Until he went into space.
    Honestly I read it but don't remember it. Him going into space was nonsense though, the whole appeal of the character was his supporting cast and family dynamics.

I believe the Earth One stuff is their attempt at it and I think that in theory the OGN method is a smart way of going about it and hooking new readers who browse book stores and arnt familiar with monthly issues.

The problem, is that releases have been so few and far between that the whole things never really gained momentum and had a chance to find a decent sized readership. DCs lack of commitment to the line is whats holding it back imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I believe the Earth One stuff is their attempt at it and I think that in theory the OGN method is a smart way of going about it and hooking new readers who browse book stores and arnt familiar with monthly issues.

The problem, is that releases have been so few and far between that the whole things never really gained momentum and had a chance to find a decent sized readership. DCs lack of commitment to the line is whats holding it back imo.
    Yeah, if you are going to have two years between Superman 1 and Superman 2, and three years between 2 and 3, and 3 years between Batman 1 and 2, it's not going to work.

And it really shouldn't take that long. I wonder what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Yeah, if you are going to have two years between Superman 1 and Superman 2, and three years between 2 and 3, and 3 years between Batman 1 and 2, it's not going to work.

And it really shouldn't take that long. I wonder what happened.
    DC does make a reasonable number of mysterious decisions.

Dropping the All Star line was another one that baffled me. I never bought the line for a second that All Star Superman was so good that it made it impossible to follow it up.

For example,pretty sure Mark Millar said that he had a 60-ish run of Superman planned...that could have been next off blocks. And..back then Mark Millar could knock out excellent Superman stories that would sell in big numbers.

And although All Star Batman was fun and popular..idea that it was so good that nobody could follow it up is risible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    We need a new Kon El Story, badly. You know this is true.

And I meant like a Young Kal-El is a different universe.

I'm a Wally fan, if they gave me my freckled Flash back, I would buy every variant cover.

We need a definitive kon -El,and even though I like parts of all of them, I don't think we have that yet.

,I love kal,but we already have so many different versions of him to write new stories about its mind boggling.

Wally fans need a new outlet to enjoy this character badly.

I might be the only one, but i think Ultimate Spiderman was terrible. I read the first three arc and i remember disliking every single one of them.
    DC already rebooted and i liked it. I dont see why they'd want to do an alternative universe.
    Actually, one of the smart moves of the NEw 52 was placing the characters 5 years after the first appearence of Supes. It avoided terrible origin stories like pretty much the entire Ultimate line had.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE