Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yes, pretty much, it's impossible to argue otherwise. He has successfully taken over AIM and made it a force of good, that's already a higher accomplishment than most superheroes can ever hope to achieve.

Oh, tell me about the great successes by Dani Moonstar please...LOL!
    Dani is, when needed a god killer and an immortal demi goddess. That will always trump billionaire boy toy avengers leader.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Karma was a prominent member of Astonishing X-Men for awhile. So she has been on an official team.
    She's also the owner of a multi-billion dollar weapons R&D company as of the Liu run on Astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    She's also the owner of a multi-billion dollar weapons R&D company as of the Liu run on Astonishing.
    Not anymore, Bendis now has her and a bunch of other broke, homeless mutants squatting in the weapon x bunker.

You mean, he's being tried out as a Avengers Leader. With Hawkeye as the only member casuals may have heard about. Probably not gonna last as long as Havok's time as Avengers leader and look where he is now. Magik's position as goto member for the prime X-Men team is much more secure.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Sunspot is the most successful mutant. Period.
    That would be kinda hard to argue with, at this point...

Extraordinary Member

I suppose we'll see how his tenure goes. If he breaks out then maybe. But being an Avenger is not as illustrious as it used to be when they had membership limits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    First Cannonball was the most successful New Mutant since he was the very first of this team to become an X-Man and later Avenger.

After him several others became X-Men and Sunspot became an Avenger as well.

But now Sunspot becomes a leader of an Avengers team.
    I really like a member of the Mutant race becoming a leader of whatever super hero team.
    In the Marvel Cinematic Universe I'd LOVE the MCU Sunspot being the leader of a super hero team.

I'd also like female members of the Mutant race being the leader of a super hero team in the MCU, like Namorita and Scarlet Witch.

(for lack of an Appreciation thread for Sunspot, I’ll jump in here)

I’m curious about ‘Berto’s time as Citizen V - What are the best issues to see him in action?
    And also did we ever see Citizen X or was that just an exit tease?

In his capacity as leader of AIM Avengers team, Sunspot is an x-emplary x-ample of what his generation of heroes need to do to remain relevant. Evolve beyond being a graduate class from Xaviers and play a role in the larger Marvel Universe beyond the X-Verse. In that sense Roberto Is one of the most successful.

In terms of non-meta cred, Illyana may rival and surpass him because of her becoming a major player in the Marvel Magicverse as heir apparent Sorceress Supreme.

Holy wow, if you'd have told me years and years ago when I first dipped my toe in the New Mutants pond, thanks to Illyana Rasputin, that Roberto would ascend to TOP 3 FAVORITE NEW MUTANT CHARACTER STATUS, I would have told you you're straight up bonkers and you need a sandwich.

But here we are.
    The year is 2020.
    Its total madness.
    And Roberto sits firmly in my X-Fantheon betwixt Yana and Douglas -- which I thank largely to Al Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I would have told you you're straight up bonkers and you need a sandwich.
    https://i0.wp.com/aiptcomics.com/wp-...36&h=214&ssl=1

This explains so much
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I must've missed something; what makes magik so popular?
    She is Dr Strange and Wolverine wrap up together in a female character( Hilariously compare Wolverine daughter Rien to her to futher bring home to point). Anyways She is those two archetypes and since the Bendis X-men run which move her foward in the main spotlight other creators have been recognizing it and she has been getting more shine.

Out of all the X-men she grades as one of the highest to maintain a solo series imo and I think the new mutants movie will catapult her foward a little more as a brand.They are different metrics for successful my question is which New Mutant feels the most like a "main X-man". The answer to that is Magik I think she is most successful integrated into the main concept. If Sunspot run of success had happened in a xbook he would be number 1. But Magik is more ingrained as a "real X-man" and more likely to show up as meaningful member on a main team and book.