Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Hmmph... Means nothing if all Battleworld "history" is whitewashed out of existence.
    The Battleworld stuff doesn't get mentioned at all. And Mayday even references the multiverse. I think the new costume is supposed to be her new costume when we see her in Web Warriors. It was designed by Ron Frenz, one of her creators, after all.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    I hope all three gals are in the team. For one it would even up the female and male ratio better plus all three gals have different experiences and come from different world which can play into things. I had a feeling this team (much like all the superhero teams) would have revolving door members as one goes another comes in usually plus keeps the cast from getting to large. But still I was hoping for all three gals to be a part of the team together.

I felt the Spider-Island story was fun in some parts but mostly OK with a OK ending but still enjoyable to read.
    The Spider-Girl/Woman story is the one that got better and more interesting with each issue while having less time to tell one. I like Uncle Ben's costume with Spider-Girl's artist style plus how he (it appears he might of accidentally forgotten his strength) took Hope down. Overall I love her new costume as well and it was a fun adventure.
    I don't think Anya or Spider-UK should be subjected to the revolving door. They formed the team, everyone else was recruited afterward. So it should take something big for either to leave in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind having Spider-UK replaced by Spider-Punk, to be honest.

I'll be honest, I wasn't really sure how even DeFalco & Frenz could manage to make lemonade from what Slott left them to work with, but by god, they managed it. And tossed out the recycled original Peter Parker costume to boot. It seems to be modelled after the costume Frenz made for Benjy in the originally planned 'Last Spider-Girl Story' that was supposed to be issue #60 of her original series that involved a flashforward to him as Spider-Man. I guess if she was going to show up in Web Warriors, having a costume that's not just literally recycling the 616 one is a good idea.

It's worth noting that the covers have been referring to the backups as 'A Spider-Girl story'. I think Marvel's decided to roll back the name change too. I mean it kind of sucks if they've shuffled Anya off the book, but Mayday has always been the most popular Spider-Girl (and probably the most popular female Spider-Character full stop until Spider-Gwen came along). Not to mention the uncontest Marvel Champion for longest female-led consecutive run (that's not likely to be broken any time soon, given the love of renumbering going around).

Already Web Warriors team, don't screw this up!

He's the Team's leader, it would be strange to replace him or Anya before the series even starts.

Course it looks like the writer has no interest in Anya at all and replaced her with Gwen and Mayday. Maybe Anya will be a background character chilling in Loomworld for Spider-UK to come back to her.

Mayday isn't Spider-Girl - She's Spider-Woman and Mayday should be able to co-exist with Anya just fine. Dan Slott didn't shove either of them off in favor of another during an event full of Spiders. Yet it seems that 3 Spider-Ladies may be too much for this writer of a much smaller team comp.

Makes me wish Dan was head honcho of Web Warriors. At least Dan would remember that there are 3 Spider-Ladies who are very different/unique and can co-exist together instead of what this writer is doing which is intentionally cutting the only minority female character on the team.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 10-09-2015 at 03:39 AM.

Yeah, it's tacky cutting the only female minority and one of just two minorities on the team. All three girls can co-exist on the team just fine and bring different fanbases to the title as each have led their own solos.

Finally got around to reading Spider Island 1-5, having dropped it after issue 2. I figured I would wait until the series had dropped and read it from the beginning.

My overall impressions are the backup story was dated and uninspiring. But the Spider-Island story was pretty good. It suffered a bit when read all in one go (somthimes you just can't win) because the refrain of "you are the leader / general / quarterback" got a little repetitive, but the overall story was well told and interesting. It had a strong gonzo-marvel flavour which all the best parts of Secret Wars have had. The art was really very good, the Parker reveal, which was telegraphed to the point of anti-climax was so well rendered I still loved it.

I really must get around to reading the original Spider Island, I bought it months ago on a whim from Comixology (ah the heady days of one click iPad purchasing) but only read a few pages. Is it any good?

I prefer Spider-Island to The Superior Spider-Man and even Spider-Verse. If you are an MJ fan, then the last two issues are a real treat. It's just a well-told story in general, putting a fun and refreshing spin on the Spider-Man concept and also hitting some neat emotional beats pretty successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

I really must get around to reading the original Spider Island, I bought it months ago on a whim from Comixology (ah the heady days of one click iPad purchasing) but only read a few pages. Is it any good?
    Yes

I know some considered it the more important Marvel Event that happened that year. I forget what was going on...2011...wasn't that AvX? Regardless, Spider Island was very well done in my opinion. This series is a nice alternate ending to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Yes

I know some considered it the more important Marvel Event that happened that year. I forget what was going on...2011...wasn't that AvX? Regardless, Spider Island was very well done in my opinion. This series is a nice alternate ending to it.
    It wasn't AvX. It was Fear Itself.

Yes! So glad to hear that Mayday will be joining Web Warriors like she should've been in the first place. Can't wait to see her, Gwen and Anya team up and become good friends. Hope she also gets to meet Jessica and Julia some time.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Yes! So glad to hear that Mayday will be joining Web Warriors like she should've been in the first place. Can't wait to see her, Gwen and Anya team up and become good friends. Hope she also gets to meet Jessica and Julia some time.
    Yeah! But while it sounds really good on theory, I just hope the execution is great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I have bad news for you in regards to Anya.

The writer seems to either hate Anya or has no interest in writing her at all.

I was initially going to pick up Web Warriors, but now that it seems like it's just a trick into buying what amounts to a second Spider-Gwen solo book, I'm going to have re-prioritise this.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

wait....Spider Girl is replacing Anya in this title, before it even begins?

Oh well one less book on my pull list

F*** Spider Girl