Super Moderator

Default George Miller Reveals How He Would Approach a Superman Film & More

The "Mad Max" director discussed how he would frame a Superman film, what effects he planned to use in his ill-fated "Justice League" film and more.

Full article here.

Greatness Never Rests arrownoir's Avatar

Miller's a hack. I'd rather MoS 2 never happen if he'll direct it.

Quote Originally Posted by arrownoir View Post
    Miller's a hack.
    Compared to who?

Mighty Member

Miller's a hack. I'd rather MoS 2 never happen if he'll direct it.
    No he's an excellent director.

He did well on the Mad Max movies, Twilight Zone Movie and others, he's a talent.

Miller would be a huge get for a superhero film, and I'm sure a Superman film by him would be terrific - but I'd rather he make more Mad Max films, and that seems what he's aiming for!

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    No he's an excellent director.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Miller would be a huge get for a superhero film, and I'm sure a Superman film by him would be terrific - but I'd rather he make more Mad Max films, and that seems what he's aiming for!
    Ditto and ditto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Compared to who?
    It would be interesting to get an answer to that. There's a very short list of directors that have shown to have such a mastery of action cinema.

I think George Miller would've made a good Superman movie. Much better than the one Bryan Singer made. I agree that a lot of Superman's greatest conflicts have been internal in nature. He's an icon in that he represents an ideal. And it's hard to build a story around an ideal, but it can be done. Superman has endured for decades because of those stories. I think Man of Steel did a good job of telling such a story and I hope Dawn of Justice does the same.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    It would be interesting to get an answer to that.
    Yes, it would. I'm waiting for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think George Miller would've made a good Superman movie. Much better than the one Bryan Singer made.
    Ain't that the truth.

Miller's a hack.
    LOL what

It's a shame he's not doing the Superman movie but I can understand his reasoning. He would knock it (or pretty much any big action comic property) out of the park. His Justice League script may have been a little ambitious for it's time but it would have probably been a massive movie.

BANNED

He seems to be of the same school of thought as the DCAU crew with how to write Superman, which is awesome.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Last week Miller "denied" he was involved with the future Superman movies. This week he's talking about how he would approach Superman in a movie. A movie that he is allegedly, not making. Hmmm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Last week Miller "denied" he was involved with the future Superman movies. This week he's talking about how he would approach Superman in a movie. A movie that he is allegedly, not making. Hmmm
    Breaking News: Director Asked Question, Gives Answer.

In the interview he's asked about doing the next Superman movie, which he says he turned down. He is then asked a question about the JLA movie he was working on, and the question of Superman come up again after that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think George Miller would've made a good Superman movie. Much better than the one Bryan Singer made. I agree that a lot of Superman's greatest conflicts have been internal in nature. He's an icon in that he represents an ideal. And it's hard to build a story around an ideal, but it can be done. Superman has endured for decades because of those stories. I think Man of Steel did a good job of telling such a story and I hope Dawn of Justice does the same.
    The Captain America movies have been more Superman than the Snyder Superman.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Yeah. But their both waspy white heroes so...