Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Waiting to Take Over... Charles J. Baserap's Avatar

My money's on Captain Lance. Given the frenzy that happens online the moment anything SLIGHTLY bad happens to female or minority characters, I can't see them killing Felicity off because everyone will use the tired old "fridge" motif that's been so overplayed as to become worthless or the only black character or his wife. I love Diggle and Felicity, so it better not be them anyway! lol But based on his reactions, I think he'd be WAY more broken up if it wee Thea or Felicity and the width of the grave made me think there are two bodies in there or supposed to be two so I could see Quentin being buried in the same plot that Sara was supposed to be.

BANNED

I can't see Barry showing up for Lance's funeral (or apologizing for missing it) given that he's only met the guy once or twice in passing. And while Lance's death would affect Ollie, I doubt it would hit him as hard as it appeared to.

Given the way the show was structured, I think the action prior to that last scene was intended to seed some clues to the death. Thea is an obvious suspect, given her erratic, risky behavior on display. But if they're trying to steer Ollie away from darkness, offing his kid sister seems unlikely. Felicity's eagerness to dive back into danger pool could also be a setup for future peril, but that seems very unlikely given the character's popularity. The rift between Diggle and Ollie was the major element in the ep (and seems likely to continue for a while), but I doubt they'd invite the shitstorm that would come with killing off the show's major black character. However, they could use it as a setup for something else, something that would have huge impact without taking out any of the main cast. I'm betting on the future corpse being Diggle's wife, Lyla (and possibly his daughter as well). That would certainly produce a huge emotional response from Ollie, provide grist for the drama mill by deepening the rift between Ollie and Digg, but leave the "fan favorites" all still breathing. (And Barry knows both Digg and Lyla--he even contacted Lyla directly for a favor when he was transporting the metahumans from STAR labs--so his presence at the graveside would make sense.)
    Last edited by kalorama; 10-08-2015 at 11:28 AM.

I can't see Oliver crying over Det Lance's death, while there is respect there, the two have been enemies just as long as they've been allies. I doubt Barry would feel the need to go to Quinton's funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    I can't see Oliver crying over Det Lance's death, while there is respect there, the two have been enemies just as long as they've been allies. I doubt Barry would feel the need to go to Quinton's funeral.
    I think Ollie cares more about Lance then Lance cares about him, if only because of how long they've worked together (however begrudgingly at some points) when he was The Arrow and the kind of friendship and partnership that formed between them because of it.

It's why Lance turning away from him in season 3 hit him so hard.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidstellar View Post
    What's with all the Felicity hate. I think she's great on the show.
    Season one and two, yes, she was great. In season three, a shrill, selfish, whiny harpy took over her place and kickstarted a lame romantic plot that was a contributor to the lower quality of season three.

Surprisingly, she isn't bad in the first episode of season four, but that's likely because they got rid of the melodrama. Unfortunately, now they're transferring that to Diggle.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

They could be setting us up and it could turn out to be someone not in the main cast anymore but who would still have that effect on Oliver. With the way they have Thea set up as Red Arrow now that really does leave Roy as kinda expendable. They could bring him back only to get killed by Dark witch would give them a ton of stuff to work with not only Oliver but Thea too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    You don't necessarily go to a funeral because you knew the person. You go for someone close to that person that you do know. So if this were to be a new character that dies, and Barry never met this new person, he would still be sorry he missed the funeral because he wasn't able to be there for his friends who did know the person who died.

I am really shocked to hear people say Felicity is anything other than a delight. She is a bit awkward at times, and geeks out a bit on occasion, but is mostly a solid character and a major contributor to "team arrow". She has been responsible for saving as many people from the headquarters as any of the rest of the team from the streets.

That, and she is just freakin' HOT!!! We need more attractive and capable female characters, not less.

As the graveyard scene was playing out, I just kept hoping that if they showed us the name, it wasn't going to be Felicity. I was going to be totally pissed if it was.

Incredible Member

Having Felicity be dead seems a redundant idea of the hero's love dies because of his work. Besides Felicity is indispensable for Team Arrow since she does all the computer work, there's no one else to do it.

Diggle is the only other male on the team and the only black regular on the show so that should excuse him.

Laurel is Black Canary so that leaves her out plus if she died Captain Lance would declare war on Oliver for getting his last daughter killed and badge or not he will put a bullet in Oliver.

So that just leaves Thea and Capt. Lance and Thea has shown to be getting a little out of control as Speedy/Red Arrow and possibly a little reckless. Barry doesn't really know these two but he does have six months to know them better and it could still be someone new not yet shown (though that would be a bit of a cheat).

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Season one and two, yes, she was great. In season three, a shrill, selfish, whiny harpy took over her place and kickstarted a lame romantic plot that was a contributor to the lower quality of season three.

Surprisingly, she isn't bad in the first episode of season four, but that's likely because they got rid of the melodrama. Unfortunately, now they're transferring that to Diggle.
    It depends on how long they drag it out. If it's subdued after a few episodes, then it should be fine, even if it is still there. The Olicity problem was that the waaangst was pushed to the fore constantly.
    Dark does not mean deep.

It's definitely Diggle.

Quote Originally Posted by AAXL98 View Post
    It's definitely Diggle.
    I don't see them killing off Diggle. He's part of the backbone of the show, in my opinion.

BANNED

I could see it being Diggle. So far in the series Diggle has served as Oliver's "moral compass". But going forward Felicity could just as easily, and perhaps more effectively due to their relationship, serve as a Moral Compass for Oliver. And she brings much more than that to the table. And Felicity has also been a fan favorite character for a lot of the fandom of this show. So there is that too. A curious twist, with that being such a large tombstone, what if it is Diggles wife, and that causes Diggle to move away to protect their child. Just guesswork. We will not know until we know. From this point on though, if they write it smartly, there can be a ton of misdirects in the hints on who is/will be dead. I just hope its as shocking and impactful as that moment at the graveside was.

Anyone else think the grave could be for Oliver's kid, or at least his kid's mother?

Incredible Member

What if they bring Roy back just to have him die?
    He was Olivers first sidekick in the series.

I do really wish they'd lay off having a major death per season, I like the cast. That said, I'd really rather Felicity moved to the Flash and was replaced on Arrow by Nyssa.
    That's just me though

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post

Are you still watching Season 2? Laurel's not awful anymore. The fans don't hate her now. It's Felicity who became the worst.
    I'm not going to watch Episode 1 with talk like this going around.