Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Arrow" EPs on the Season 4 Premiere's Surprise Ending: 'It's Not a Fake Out'

"Arrow" showrunners Marc Guggenheim and Wendy Mericle talk the major events of the season four premiere, including some insight into that ending.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Three words: Leave Felicity alone.

Incredible Member

They're gonna finally listen to the fans and give Laurel that fine, handcrafted box she always deserved?

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

If Barry was also grieved then it would seem like it would have to be Felicity for it not to be a "fake out." I guess we'll see. That'd certainly be a wrap on the show for me.

BANNED

did the viewers get drugged or something....what happened that we didn't see on screen that has people thinking Felicity Or Laurel is dead...

because to me it just seems like a mind trap by the team behind the show i was left scratching my head as to what's going on

Amazing Member

I hope it's Felicity, one more step towards making this show watchable.
    Using "Green" Arrow and Star City instead of Starling? City helps.

Spectacular Member

Someone significant to both Oliver and Barry ?
    ... Oh no, not Felicity ! I'm not sure I could handle that ...

I highly doubt it's Felicity just because that is too obvious. Also Barry seemed more like a sympathetic friend as opposed to grieving himself. My guess: it's either Thea or Diggle. I'm leaning towards Diggle right now because there's a lot of tension between the two of them right now and I think the two will grow close making the death even harder

This is gonna suck either way

I hope it's Felicity. Thea, Diggle and Laurel are too important and losing them would be a loss for the show. Felicity isn't actually that important and needs less screen time anyway. Especially since the fans really don't like her anymore. It could be Quentin and I think it might be him. Though with the Lazarus Pits bringing back Sarah, I don't see why death is even a thing anymore. They could just keep using those.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    They're gonna finally listen to the fans and give Laurel that fine, handcrafted box she always deserved?
    Are you still watching Season 2? Laurel's not awful anymore. The fans don't hate her now. It's Felicity who became the worst.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Are you still watching Season 2? Laurel's not awful anymore. The fans don't hate her now. It's Felicity who became the worst.
    I didn't even hate Laurel in season one. Never hated her. But I still see fans hating her.

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    I hope it's Felicity. Thea, Diggle and Laurel are too important and losing them would be a loss for the show. Felicity isn't actually that important and needs less screen time anyway. Especially since the fans really don't like her anymore. It could be Quentin and I think it might be him. Though with the Lazarus Pits bringing back Sarah, I don't see why death is even a thing anymore. They could just keep using those.

My money is also on Quentin Lance. And I bet he's going to die a hero.

Spectacular Member

The part that jumps out at me is "Guggenheim and Mericle also stressed that it's early enough in the season that even they may not be sure yet who's buried in that graveyard". I realize that it's not unusual to come up with a beginning and ending before a middle but I wonder how organic it will feel if the writers aren't certain whose death they're writing towards.

One possibility that could be interesting, and come to think of it, would be would give the above quote a different meaning is that the character hasn't been introduced yet. If so, depending on when they're introduced, they could potentially have 20-odd episodes to make us care before pulling the trigger.

Amazing Member

What's with all the Felicity hate. I think she's great on the show.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andy E. Nystrom View Post
    One possibility that could be interesting, and come to think of it, would be would give the above quote a different meaning is that the character hasn't been introduced yet. If so, depending on when they're introduced, they could potentially have 20-odd episodes to make us care before pulling the trigger.
    I'm between two different guess. First is Quentin Lance, who will sacrifice himself after helping HIVE and die a heroic death, especially after his whole, "Oliver's the reason the city is falling apart speech" in the episode. But the other one, going of what you said, is Echo McKallum's character, Mr. Terrific. I could see them building him up as a hero alongside the Team, making us care for him with the idea that he could join the team or go off to Legends of Tomorrow. And then in a shocking twist, not yet as trained as he should be, he gets killed by Darhk. Plus, there could still be time for him to connect with Barry.

I really don't see Diggle dying, since he has a kid and the producers have stated they're bringing this show back to Oliver, Felicity, and Diggle this season. I also can't see Felicity dying, since they've spent so much time building her up with Oliver, they've stated this season is going to be lighter than the last couple, and her death would make Oliver go dark yet again. Thea died last season, and was revived, so I can't see them killing her again. And Laurel, we've already gone back and forth with Sara dying, back to life, dying, back to life, so I can't see them killing her off. They've already killed the Canary enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    I didn't even hate Laurel in season one. Never hated her. But I still see fans hating her.
    I liked her in season 1, although admittedly she didn't do much. She got quite annoying in season 2 but I get why they did some of it. But the unreasonable CWness got way out of hand (hating her sister who she thought was dead). Season 3 she got real cool and deserved way more screen time than she got (but olicity hogged all the screen time and we got unreasonable whiny felicity instead). Meanwhile Thea just got cooler with each season (character development aww yeaah. When she was okay with Oliver being Arrow instead of getting annoyed for ten episodes, I was so glad.)
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan