View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think it would be pretty cool if team got a new Iron Person, Asgardian and/or Vision like characters to fill the spot left by Nate, Jonas and Billy not being a Thor legacy anymore.
    Lila Rhodes as Iron Patriot for the Ironman/War Machine legacy and Thunderstrike for the Asgardian legacy perhaps?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Viv Vision would be brilliant with this roster too, but she's too busy being a Champion right now.
    I really really REALLY wished they hadn't wasted Viv on the Champions like they have been so far. They could've been doing so much more interesting things with that character. Considering what a disaster her family experience has been so far, I think it makes perfect sense that she would reach out to Billy and Tommy, trying to connect with some other side of her family.

Also, I've always wondered: what happened to Jonas's remains? I assume they used some of it to recreate the original Vision, but is it possible there was something left? Not only Jonas was literally made of a powerful Kang technology, but he also had an entire brain of his own, with thoughts, emotions and information. What if Vision kept all of this stored somewhere and Viv has access to it? Besides her ''brothers'', that could also be a bridge between her and the Young Avengers. I can imagine Viv downloading some of what was left of Jonas in an attempt to try and understand more about humanity, and perhaps ''absorbing'' some of his feelings, just like Jonas himself did when he absorbed Nate's brain patterns (maybe she could even start to have feelings for Cassie and we would finally get the queer Viv story that was promised to us).

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Lila Rhodes as Iron Patriot for the Ironman/War Machine legacy and Thunderstrike for the Asgardian legacy perhaps?
    Sure, why not? It'd be nice to see those characters again. Another option I'd like to see as the new ''Asgardian'' would be Modi Thorson, Thor's son from the Ultimate Universe. I know he died like a villain there, but they can easily say that changed post-Secret Wars. I just really like the idea of Thor Odinson having a Young Avenger son.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-06-2018 at 08:18 PM.

BANNED

I really really REALLY wished they hadn't wasted Viv on the Champions like they have been so far. They could've been doing so much more interesting things with that character. Considering what a disaster her family experience has been so far, I think it makes perfect sense that she would reach out to Billy and Tommy, trying to connect with some other side of her family.

Also, I've always wondered: what happened to Jonas's remains? I assume they used some of it to recreate the original Vision, but is it possible there was something left? Not only Jonas was literally made of a powerful Kang technology, but he also had an entire brain of his own, with thoughts, emotions and information. What if Vision kept all of this stored somewhere and Viv has access to it? Besides her ''brothers'', that could also be a bridge between her and the Young Avengers. I can imagine Viv downloading some of what was left of Jonas in an attempt to try and understand more about humanity, and perhaps ''absorbing'' some of his feelings, just like Jonas himself did when he absorbed Nate's brain patterns (maybe she could even start to have feelings for Cassie and we would finally get the queer Viv story that was promised to us).

I'm hoping with Zub taking over Champions that he'll do better things with the characters there. And I really do hope Viv will eventually get to interact with her 'brothers'. Maybe Viv could go about bringing back Vin (short for Vincent) Vision rather than bringing back Jonas?

Sure, why not? It'd be nice to see those characters again. Another option I'd like to see as the new ''Asgardian'' would be Modi Thorson, Thor's son from the Ultimate Universe. I know he died like a villain there, but they can easily say that changed post-Secret Wars. I just really like the idea of Thor Odinson having a Young Avenger son.
    I think it's a nice touch when writers use existing characters, especially if they're somewhat obscure. Thunderstrike would be a cool legacy pick, in terms of honoring both Thor and his late father. If not him, then I say bring back Leah of Hel.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what is everyone's ideal lineup for a Young Avengers team; if you could only have one?
    I'm so torn on this, because Kate has done so well on her own in the solo dept (despite the book's cancellation) and I'd really love for Billy and Teddy to get a duo-book....BUT IF THAT ISN'T IN THE CARDS....I'd really enjoy the following folks included:

Speed
    Wiccan, who I'd like see take the mantle of Arcane instead.
    Hulkling

And some fresh blood with:
    Finesse
    Power Man
    Spider Girl - Anya Corazon
    Armor - Hisako Ichiki, from the House of X

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm so torn on this, because Kate has done so well on her own in the solo dept (despite the book's cancellation) and I'd really love for Billy and Teddy to get a duo-book....BUT IF THAT ISN'T IN THE CARDS....I'd really enjoy the following folks included:

Speed
    Wiccan, who I'd like see take the mantle of Arcane instead.
    Hulkling

And some fresh blood with:
    Finesse
    Power Man
    Spider Girl - Anya Corazon
    Armor - Hisako Ichiki, from the House of X
    Finesse! Yes. I'd like a hybrid YA/Avengers Academy book. I love both casts, and hopefully pulling from both fanbases would let it have a nice run.

I'd especially like Finesse, Striker and Veil from the Academy and Hulkling, Wiccan, Speed, Patriot and Prodigy from the YA. But I'm cool with pretty much anyone from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what is everyone's ideal lineup for a Young Avengers team; if you could only have one?
    Speed
    Singularity
    Prodigy
    Wasp (Nadia)
    Finesse
    Wiccan and Hulking (I kinda feel like they've graduated from the whole YA thing, tbh, but someone has to sell this book)

Ultimate Member

Ooh, Finesse on a Young Avengers team, love that character! But she's possibly headed in a Moonstone / Emma Frost direction, and I'm not sure she'd be a good fit with these particular young heroes.

Similarly, I'm a big fan of Reptil and Striker, from the Avengers Academy crew, but Striker is a bit of a problem-child, and his attitude might also not play well with the vibe of the typical Young Avengers line-up. Reptil, on the other hand, seems like he'd be a good fit.

Anywho;
    from the original team - Hulkling, Wiccan, Kate, Cassie
    others - Reptil, Spider-Girl (Anya)

other potentials;
    Runaways - Alex Wilder
    Initiative kids - Komodo, Butterball
    New X-Men - Hellion, Dust, Loa, Bling!
    New Warriors - Sun Girl, Haechi, Water Snake

BANNED

I love that I'm not the only one who wants Anya Corazon AKA Spider-Girl as a Young Avenger

Some poor suggestions here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I'd especially like Finesse, Striker and Veil from the Academy and Hulkling, Wiccan, Speed, Patriot and Prodigy from the YA. But I'm cool with pretty much anyone from both sides.
    Veil will never appear again, she was depowered at the end of Avengers Academy because her powers were killing her. And Eli is banned from use.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Wasp (Nadia)
    Nadia is joining the Champions, so she's out of the running. Besides, Stinger, an original YA, has the same powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    other potentials;
    Runaways - Alex Wilder
    You do know Alex is a villain now, right?

But definitely yes to Anya, and any of the other Academy kids.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-07-2018 at 07:19 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Some poor suggestions here
    None quite so poor as
    any of the other Academy kids.

What? Striker, Hazmat, Reptil, they'd all be viable candidates.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What? Striker, Hazmat, Reptil, they'd all be viable candidates.
    For Arena 2

Mighty Member

Some poor suggestions here.Veil will never appear again, she was depowered at the end of Avengers Academy because her powers were killing her. And Eli is banned from use.

Nadia is joining the Champions, so she's out of the running. Besides, Stinger, an original YA, has the same powers.

You do know Alex is a villain now, right?

But definitely yes to Anya, and any of the other Academy kids.
    Things change. Why would we pick a point in any of those characters' stories and say that they end...NOW.

Veil can still be a character without powers, or can get re-powered. People can be on two teams, or go back and forth between heroes and villains. Alex having a period of being a bad guy makes him more interesting to me.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Things change. Why would we pick a point in any of those characters' stories and say that they end...NOW.

Veil can still be a character without powers, or can get re-powered. People can be on two teams, or go back and forth between heroes and villains. Alex having a period of being a bad guy makes him more interesting to me.
    While I wouldn't want Alex being a good guy again, I agree that there is nothing that stops comic book writers to have literally any character they want as a part of a book, except for characters who might not be usable due to legal reasons. We see stuff happening like that all the time, and sometimes they don't even bother with continuity. Ewing had Ava Ayala retire the White Tiger mantle in New Avengers, only for Bendis to restore that without any explanation in Defenders.

They finally did a finger of Cassie, but it's as Stinger.

I think that leaves Speed as the only member of the original team that hasn't gotten a figure yet.