View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 1 of 92 123451151 ... LastLast

Cool Style > Substance: YOUNG AVENGERS Appreciation

YOUNG AVENGERS APPRECIATION

[from Wikipedia] the Young Avengers were created by Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung. Following the events of the 2004–2005 "Avengers Disassembled" storyline; the four founding members of the team (Hulkling, Iron Lad, Patriot and Wiccan) were gathered together as a result of the Vision's plan for the reformation of the Avengers in the event the team disbanded. In the series, newspapers refer to the young heroes as "super-powered fanboys" and label them the "Young Avengers," a name the team members initially disliked but which stuck nonetheless.
    • the original series won the 2006 GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Comic Book and the 2006 Harvey Award for Best New Series.
    • the 2013 series by Kieron Gillen (art by Jamie McKelvie) won the 2013 GLAAD Media Award

"SEASON 1"

"SEASON 2"

"SEASON 3"
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-01-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Here will be solicits for upcoming YA issues, when they appear.

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 08-14-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Ryan North Uncovers the Young Avengers' "Original Sins"
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52335

CBR TV: Gillen on Comics, Creator-Owned and "Young Avengers" Fans
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=49313

Gillen Confirms The End of "Young Avengers" In January
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=49147

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-01-2014 at 01:40 AM.

REVIEWS

YOUNG AVENGERS #3 [4 stars]
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...review&id=5841

YOUNG AVENGERS #4 [4 1/2 stars]
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...review&id=5930

YOUNG AVENGERS #6 [4 stars]
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...review&id=6149

YOUNG AVENGERS #9 [4 stars]
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...review&id=6387

YOUNG AVENGERS #13 [4 stars]
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...review&id=6752

YOUNG AVENGERS #14 [4 stars]
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...review&id=6805

YOUNG AVENGERS#15 [4 1/2 stars]
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...review&id=6387

Here will be links to other YA threads, review threads, other appreciation threads and all other related thread to the YA (once they are created)

[STAY TUNED!]

For now: this

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-01-2014 at 02:42 AM.

Wiccan!!!!

QUESTION: who is your favourite Young Avengers?
    I voted for Wiccan. I adore the Demiurge and all his wonderful foibles. :smile:

So I just want to say a few things about some the pics you posted....

1. That Skottie Young cover is Awesome!!!! Loki standing on Teddy's back being all Loki-ish, and using his magic on Billy. Billy just looks so sad, and like he can't figure out why this is happening to him. Then you have Noh-Varr and Miss America pulling hair, and poor Teddy is just being used like a bench and getting his hair pulled!!! I just love it! The only thing I miss is Kate, but I still totally bought this variant, and I couldn't be happier :-)

2. The YA banner with the few different panals is awesome!!!! But my favorite is probably the bottom left. I feel like Loki yelled a lot in this series... and I cracked up every time. Plus you have Noh with the beard!!!!! Who doesn't love that! I can't wait to read some more with him in the YA Original Sins tie-ins!!!

3. The Kate and Noh-Varr running/fighting in the space ship is probably one of my favorite scenes in the series! For me, who came into YA for Kate because of the Hawkeye series, this was a wonderful way to sell me on the series and keep me coming back for more! (Even though Kate wasn't in the next 2 issues.)

4. Lastly, that final fight with the Mother is just great! It shows the team in action, it shows Billy at his most awesome, and it shows just how creppy the Mother really was! I mean the line about Billy growing up tasty, and how she happy to have Teddy friends over for dinner! Creepy and crazy and I just love all of it!!!!!! :-)

Really I just love the YA, and I can't wait to see them in a book again soon!!!! Like 2 months from now ;-)

Really love the Young Avengers. Their series was my favourite Marvel ongoing before it was cancelled, hopefully we'll get a new series soon by a creative team as excellent as the previous one.

Loved the Young Avengers, and I'm sad that the recent run was gone so soon. I hope we'll see the book come back again. :-)

Gillen's YA was amazing. A brilliant run.

Though I think you should've used the Brian Lee O'Malley variant cover for that one. Young does a lot of variant covers, but O'Malley's only done that one, which sets it apart a lot. Plus, it's just a way cooler cover. Love that cover.

I love ALL the Bebbehz!!!

My finger wigglers! My arrow twangers! My pew pew pew'ers! My stargate kickers! My brainiacs! My zoom ZOOM zoomers! My shapey shifters! I love them ALL!

Even the kiddos from yesteryear because without them, who knows where we'd be

I haven't read the original series, but Gillen's YA blew me away. I hope he comes back for another "season" at some point.

I'm a huge fan of the original and had loads of fun watching them interact with the Runaways. Never got around to reading Gillen's version though.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
    1. That Skottie Young cover is Awesome!!!! Loki standing on Teddy's back being all Loki-ish, and using his magic on Billy. Billy just looks so sad, and like he can't figure out why this is happening to him. Then you have Noh-Varr and Miss America pulling hair, and poor Teddy is just being used like a bench and getting his hair pulled!!! I just love it! The only thing I miss is Kate, but I still totally bought this variant, and I couldn't be happier :-)
    AGREED! Us poor Loki: Agent of Asgard fans (an INCREDIBLE series) were sadly robbed of the Skottie joy. If you've never read it, Skottie Young's art arc in New X-men the Quest for Magik was out of this world stunning.

3. The Kate and Noh-Varr running/fighting in the space ship is probably one of my favorite scenes in the series! For me, who came into YA for Kate because of the Hawkeye series, this was a wonderful way to sell me on the series and keep me coming back for more! (Even though Kate wasn't in the next 2 issues.)
    So many great moments from that run; I loved Wiccan/Hulkling saving the day with the power of love.

4. Lastly, that final fight with the Mother is just great! It shows the team in action, it shows Billy at his most awesome, and it shows just how creppy the Mother really was! I mean the line about Billy growing up tasty, and how she happy to have Teddy friends over for dinner! Creepy and crazy and I just love all of it!!!!!! :-)
    LOVED that Gillen embraced Wiccan's ultimate power, making him (arguably) the most powerful LGBT character at Marvel.

Really I just love the YA, and I can't wait to see them in a book again soon!!!! Like 2 months from now ;-)
    Ditto (and squeeeeeeeeeal!)

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Really love the Young Avengers. Their series was my favourite Marvel ongoing before it was cancelled, hopefully we'll get a new series soon by a creative team as excellent as the previous one.
    LOVED the series, but it wasn't cancelled. They offered Gillen/McKelvie more issues, he said no, because he felt the story he had to tell was done, and he wanted it more "season-esq"; than risk out-staying his welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Loved the Young Avengers, and I'm sad that the recent run was gone so soon. I hope we'll see the book come back again. :-)
    Agreed, BUT (for me) Gillen's run was pretty much flawless. Utter perfection even. And like Cornell on Captain Britain and MI:13, I'd rather have a perfect 14 issue run, than a solid, but flawed 25 issue run.

I recently read Children's Crusade and really enjoyed it. What is the general consensus on that story with you Young Avenger fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I recently read Children's Crusade and really enjoyed it. What is the general consensus on that story with you Young Avenger fans?
    I am actually re-re-re-reading this now. I enjoy it a lot but there are some things that I don't like. I don't like how everyone is ok with Wolverine wanting to commit two murders, there is a lot of hero on hero fighting and it gets a bit annoying and immature. But there are great character moments for the Young Avengers, its everyone else that I think isn't handled well.