View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1377

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'm the first to be down for wanting Teddy embracing his legacy more; heck I want him to take Legacy as his new code name - but that costume is more Carol than his dad
    Pretty much this.
    #EmmaWasRight

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm the first to be down for wanting Teddy embracing his legacy more; heck I want him to take Legacy as his new code name - but that costume is more Carol than his dad
    Well, I didn't mean he had to wear something EXACTLY like that fanart. Just a general idea of how he could look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Maybe use Hulking colours but have the Marvel star
    What exactly is ''Hulkling colors''? All of his designs over the years have been predominantly black with a little touch of either yellow or purple. I feel like he needs more color if he ever gets a new design... Something closer to what Mar, Genis and Phyla have worn in the past.

Yeah, his current costume looks like he stole one of Clint Barton's shirts, lol. Black with a purple chevron. That purple also serves to reinforce his non-existent relationship to the Hulk. He should wear red and black instead (which is Mar-Vell's colour scheme), maybe with a yellow Hala star... and do the Skrulls have an equivalent logo?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, his current costume looks like he stole one of Clint Barton's shirts, lol. Black with a purple chevron. That purple also serves to reinforce his non-existent relationship to the Hulk. He should wear red and black instead (which is Mar-Vell's colour scheme), maybe with a yellow Hala star... and do the Skrulls have an equivalent logo?
    The purple is also a call back to the classic Skrull look I think. So I'd prefer they keep it.
    I'd say do some kind of look remeniscent of the classic Mar-Vell costume, but replace the black/blue with purple. Red and purple go together well enough.
    #EmmaWasRight

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

In at least one future we've seen, he goes for a more classic white/green Kree uniform with the Hala star
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

In at least one future we've seen, he goes for a more classic white/green Kree uniform with the Hala star
    You mean the look he had in the Children's Crusade special? I hated that look. It was so generic.
    #EmmaWasRight

You mean the look he had in the Children's Crusade special? I hated that look. It was so generic.
    #EmmaWasRight

Yeah, that was all Kree and no Skrull, he didn't even keep the green skin.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Question: Why would Hulkling actually even have any particular reason to care about Mar-Vell's Legacy? Yes, Mar-Vell's his father, but it's not like he ever knew the guy. He never knew either of his parents. So why would he want to adopt an identity that honours Mar? I feel like he should really want his own identity. Or if he's going to go with an identity related to his parentage, why not a name that reflects his role as a link between the Kree and the Skrulls?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Question: Why would Hulkling actually even have any particular reason to care about Mar-Vell's Legacy? Yes, Mar-Vell's his father, but it's not like he ever knew the guy. He never knew either of his parents. So why would he want to adopt an identity that honours Mar? I feel like he should really want his own identity. Or if he's going to go with an identity related to his parentage, why not a name that reflects his role as a link between the Kree and the Skrulls?
    All the YA (especially the guys) were huge superhero nerds.
    Undoubtedly Teddy would've looked up to Mar-Vell even before he knew of the link between them.
    It really isn't that hard to imagine him wanting to honour him after learning he's his father.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    All the YA (especially the guys) were huge superhero nerds.
    Undoubtedly Teddy would've looked up to Mar-Vell even before he knew of the link between them.
    It really isn't that hard to imagine him wanting to honour him after learning he's his father.
    Just look at how he reacted to the Mar-Vell Skrull when he met him.

Exactly. Both Teddy and that imposter thought he was the real Mar-Vell (they thought Mar-Vell had time travelled from the past, I think?), so they acted accordingly.

Incredible Member

Bothers the hell out of me he turned out to be a Skrull only for them to bring back the real Mar-Vell who never even interacted with Teddy. I imagine they must have met up since we came back while Teddy was in retirement, maybe we should have prequel comic were he does meet up with him again and it makes him decide to come out out retirement.

In my pitch, I'd have so that the public just thinks Mar-Vel is dead but is actually in a Negative Zone prison so the Kree Empire cannot find him.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 08-14-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Well, I can think of a few reasons.

1. Teddy's debuted as a legacy character and continues to be so to this day. I could similarly ask: why would he have any particular reason to care about a Hulk legacy? If he's gonna keep on being a legacy hero, he might as well evolve to a legacy that makes sense to him. Billy has evolved past his Thor persona, so it's even more glaring that Teddy still looks and names himself after a Hulk-like persona when it just doesn't fit him anymore.

2. As pointed out, Young Avengers Presents: Hulkling DID show us Teddy cared about the person he thought was Mar-Vell and would seek a relationship with him if he was given the chance. I think it's a pretty solid plot point to continue to explore, maybe with him trying to know more about his family roots, interacting with the people who were close to his family, etc.

3. This is more of a off-universe point, but Teddy could use a reason to stay relevant in comics right now. Back when Genis was following on his father's footsteps and became Captain Marvel, he had a pretty solid solo run that made him a lot more popular among fans. I think Teddy has perhaps just as much to gain by getting a cosmic push, and considering his family ties, that is the easiest way to do this, specially after his little arc on New Avengers.

As for an identity that honors both his Kree and Skrull side, this has been discussed here before and I've said that I support Teddy going by Dorrek-Vell as an official ''alien name''. It doesn't even have to be a superhero name (I prefer if his superhero name is something more mainstream and easy to sell like Mr. Marvel), but it's a name he could use in-story so people would know who he is and how important is his role to the Kree/Skrull race, being the wielder of the Excelsior and all of that. Maybe he could use Excelsior as his superhero name? I don't know, but seriously, that story needs a follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Bothers the hell out of me he turned out to be a Skrull only for them to bring back the real Mar-Vell who never even interacted with Teddy. I imagine they must have met up since we came back while Teddy was in retirement, maybe we should have prequel comic were he does meet up with him again and it makes him decide to come out out retirement.

In my pitch, I'd have so that the public just thinks Mar-Vel is dead but is actually in a Negative Zone prison so the Kree Empire cannot find him.
    Yeah, I'm still pissed at the fact Teddy met a fake Mar-Vell and then never got to meet the real Mar-Vell back when he actually came back, but it is what it is...

As for Mar-Vell coming back, revealing he never died is probably not a good idea. It's too much of a ''it wasn't the real Jean Grey during the Dark Phoenix saga'' situation, and it'll sure piss off too many people. I think it's probably best to say The Death Of Captain Marvel still happened, but, you know, he came back like 90% of characters who die on comics. And if Marvel is still unwilling to let him come back because of muh nostalgia, then I'd pitch this: Teddy finds out the Excelsior is a conduit to all the Kree/Skrull people that live or have ever lived. With enough energy assembled, he can use the sword to communicate with his ancestors on some spiritual plane, making him able to interact with Mar-Vell, Anelle and his adoptive mom (did we ever learn her name? I just realize I don't know what to call her LOL). Maybe they could even say he can temporarily bring them to the physical world by switching places with them (as a reference to when Rick Jones could switch places with Mar-Vell), so they would get to bring Mar-Vell back every now and then on special occasions, but still play the ''we're not REALLY bringing him back'' card.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-14-2018 at 11:04 PM.

I wasn't a huge fan of the costume Teddy wore in that Children's Crusade special, it was a bit plain, but I did think it was on the right track. Using his own appearance instead of shapeshifting into a fake Hulk seems like a more mature direction for the character.

If he were to embrace the Mar-Vell legacy then I say give him the Ultimate Mahr-Vehl armor. It had its own shapeshifting properties that I think would mesh well with Teddy's abilities, showing an acknowledgment of his Skrull lineage. Replace the planet symbol with the Hala star.

I'd redesign it a bit with the green and black/starfield color scheme that Genis used for a while. It's a call back to to the classic Kree soldier colour scheme, but distinct enough to stand out on its own. The green is a good color to use to represent both the Kree and Skrull, and if he were to shapeshift in his trademark wings then they could match the armor. And the starfield lets him match with Billy.

Plus the whole futuristic Greek soldier design thematically fits with his space broadsword Excelsior.