View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39798586878889909192 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1377

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    By the way, Beetle, Squirrel Girl's solo won't affect her ability to be on a team - she was in New Avengers and U.S.Avengers. Only reason that she's no longer on a team is because the U.S.Avengers disbanded. If Rising is set on 616 that one's a valid point, except that Ms. Marvel and Patriot are both in Champions, and America Chavez in West Coast Avengers. If Rising is set on 616, those three would be on double duty and there's no reason Doreen couldn't be too.
    There's also the New Warriors, if that pilot ever gets picked up they may also want to hold back on using her in YA.

Not sure if this was posted yet, but this looks kinda cool:

This site has the Wiccan costume. It just needs a cape!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ah! I need that costume now. I can easily make a cape. Comic-con is coming up! ... In 10 months.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Not sure if this was posted yet, but this looks kinda cool:

This site has the Wiccan costume. It just needs a cape!
    I like that it replaces the grey parts with black, and uses a blue nebula starfield instead of the black. It's an interesting take on his Vol 2 costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I like that it replaces the grey parts with black, and uses a blue nebula starfield instead of the black. It's an interesting take on his Vol 2 costume.
    I agree and I would prefer if he had a look more like this one in the comics.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Peyton Reed discussing Cassie's future in the MCU: https://comicbook.com/2018/10/16/ant...ature-stinger/

I like that he mentioned Nick Spencer's run. If he's a big fan of that, I wonder if they might skip her time as Stature altogether and go straight to the Stinger identity. As long as we get Cassie with the Young Avengers, I don't really care.

---

Noh-Varr will be showing up on West Coast Avengers #7 and the solicit teases a possible love triangle with him, Kate and her boyfriend. Honestly, I wish Kelly had picked Tommy for this instead of Noh-Varr, but hey, I'm down with any YA reunion we can get these days.

I also wonder if this could be some kind of set up for the YA relaunch we're getting next year...

That's just a Bleeding Cool rumour remember. They heard something about there being plans for the team. Unfortunately, it's possible that they meant that the individual members would show up somewhere.

If there are YA plans, Champions writer Jim Zub isn't aware of them: http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/178977...-showing-up-in

Anonymous asked:
    With Scarlet Witch and Vision both showing up in No Road Home (and with you writing a younger hero team in Champions), any chance we'll see Wiccan or Speed show up in either?

I’ll nip this in the bud so people aren’t disappointed while reading - Wiccan and Speed will not be showing up in No Road Home.

In Champions, the chances are better but there are no current plans to have them appear.
    There'd be no chance at all of Billy and Tommy appearing there if a new YA book was happening.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's just a Bleeding Cool rumour remember. They heard something about there being plans for the team. Unfortunately, it's possible that they meant that the individual members would show up somewhere.

If there are YA plans, Champions writer Jim Zub isn't aware of them: http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/178977...-showing-up-in

There'd be no chance at all of Billy and Tommy appearing there if a new YA book was happening.
    Not really. They could guest star even if they were on another team. With Champion's new MO, I'm pretty sure we'll se tons of guest stars.

I knew it was going to be Noh-Varr from last months solicits, but it's still disappointing.

It's like writers don't acknowledge that Kate has any other friends from YA other than America and Noh

If they meant that, then BleedingCool reported it all wrong, because they specified Cebulski said the SERIES would return. That doesn't sound like he was talking about individual characters at all.

Like Factor said, characters can guest star in a book even when they are appearing somewhere else. It happens all the time. Plus, writers don't know everything that's going on in other books, so yeah, maybe he's just unaware.

I knew it was going to be Noh-Varr from last months solicits, but it's still disappointing.

It's like writers don't acknowledge that Kate has any other friends from YA other than America and Noh
    Well, we had that reunion with Billy and Teddy during CWII and the reunion with Cassie in The Astonishing Ant-Man, but yeah, I wish we could see Kate hanging out with her OG Young Avengers crew more often.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-18-2018 at 03:46 AM.

Cassie would love L.A. she has lived in California before. and she's a film freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, we had that reunion with Billy and Teddy during CWII and the reunion with Cassie in The Astonishing Ant-Man, but yeah, I wish we could see Kate hanging out with her OG Young Avengers crew more often.
    It's just a bit annoying since it seems like most writers don't really acknowledge that Kate existed before the Gillen run.
    Lemire's All New Hawkeye retconned her origin and made Clint somehow inspire her from childhood and between Fraction Lemire's and Thompson they've changed her dad to be outright evil instead of just a rich and nonattentive father.

All of these focus more on her friendship with America rather than anyone else, and that just seems like pandering to fans since they barely interacted in Gillen's run until just before the end of the series.

It's just a bit annoying since it seems like most writers don't really acknowledge that Kate existed before the Gillen run.
    Lemire's All New Hawkeye retconned her origin and made Clint somehow inspire her from childhood and between Fraction Lemire's and Thompson they've changed her dad to be outright evil instead of just a rich and nonattentive father.

All of these focus more on her friendship with America rather than anyone else, and that just seems like pandering to fans since they barely interacted in Gillen's run until just before the end of the series.
    I wouldn't say All-New Hawkeye retconned her origins. It added a bit of extra information, sure, but I don't think it directly erased anything from Heinberg's Young Avengers. As far as we know, she was still sexually assaulted, and that's what really pushed her to be a hero, even though she already had some admiration for Hawkeye. I try to keep Clint's involvement on her origin as little as possible in my own headcanon, just because I do prefer Kate becoming a hero for herself and not for anyone else. That's what made her stand out from the other Young Avengers. As for her dad, we never knew too much about him anyway, so I wasn't bothered by him becoming a villain. I actually liked the story.

And while I LOVE AmeriKate and their dynamic, yeah, I have to agree it feels like fanservice a lot of the time and it's annoying when it comes at the expense of people who were friends with Kate for longer. It was really refreshing when Nick Spencer actually remembered Cassie was supposed to be Kate's best friend too, but of course no one followed up on that. Maybe there's an in-universe reason for that. I mean, maybe Kate just grew apart from her older friends and started hanging out with other people more. It does happen in real life. Still sucks, though. Anyway, that's why we need a new YA book, honestly. Those characters just need to be in each other's orbits again.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-19-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Kate's in California, Cassie's in Florida. And Wiccan and Hulkling are in New York. That's likely the reason they're not seen together much.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Kate's in California, Cassie's in Florida. And Wiccan and Hulkling are in New York. That's likely the reason they're not seen together much.
    My kingdom for any of them to be shown on panel, texting each other, or following the other on social media. Even something as minor as that is CHARMING in the eyes of the fandom aka me, myself and I.

Just random asides like that give me life -- since we can't have them actively in the same title(s) currently.

But I completely understand and accept (because in my mind its a legit thing) that they all have busy active lives in completely opposite corners of the country but still love each other and likely stay in casual touch but don't really manage to make face-time happen.