View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1377
    Incredible Member

They could always do both Champions and Young Avengers and have the members rotate around like Young Justice does. It would also allow the forgotten members of the New Warriors, Avengers Academy, and Young Allies to show up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    They could always do both Champions and Young Avengers and have the members rotate around like Young Justice does. It would also allow the forgotten members of the New Warriors, Avengers Academy, and Young Allies to show up.
    I'm still hoping that the Fantastic Four restarts the Future Foundation with all of those characters as members. I miss the heck out of some of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    That sounds too ambitious for a Marvel cartoon .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I'm still hoping that the Fantastic Four restarts the Future Foundation with all of those characters as members. I miss the heck out of some of those guys.
    Well in my idea for a Young Avengers cartoon they wouldn't show up until much later with the Illuminati taking the place of the Council of Reeds. Although I'd totally do an adoption of the X-23 issue were she has to babysit Franklin and Valeria mainly because they should probably be introduced first before the rest of the foundation.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 09-11-2018 at 06:48 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Of course, if they did do a teen team cartoon, you can bet your bottom dollar it'll be called Champions and use the majority of that team's current roster (everyone except Nadia, because Hope is an adult in the Avengers cartoon, like in the movies).
    If we're going by Marvel's favorite toys right now, yeah, I can see the Champions getting a cartoon. The Young Avengers have something no other teen/young Marvel team has, though (well, except for Avengers Academy): the brand recognition that comes with ''Avengers'', which is pretty much the flagship Marvel group in this day and age. Being able to stamp ''Avengers'' on a franchise and all of its related products while appealing to a younger audience can be one hell of a good move for the company. Then again, it's not like their connection to the Avengers has helped the group stay alive for the past 4 years, so I guess we're just stuck with all of the potential but none of the execution.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-10-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Ultimate Member

Young Avengers, IMO, would be great as a cartoon. They wouldn't have to worry about MCU synergy, and they wouldn't have to worry about how expensive or impractical the effects for Teddy's shapeshifting would be (or putting some kid in that much makeup all day), or mimimize Billy's use of flight, or otherwise try to work around powers for budgetary reasons.

I'd much rather see a *good* cartoon adaptation, in the vein of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, or DC's Young Justice cartoon, than some in-name-only attempt at bringing it into the MCU, or doing it on a budget that requires Teddy to spend 95% of his time not being Hulkling and Billy only flying for a few seconds in one out of ten episodes or something. (Speed, Iron Lad, Vision and Stature similarly have expensive effects tied to them, as would later additions like America Chavez or Kid Loki.)

Thanks to the YA kids having ties to the Scarlet Witch, Captain America, Ant-Man, etc. I feel like they've got a lot more of a built-in 'hook' than the Avengers Academy or Initiative or even most of the Champions kids. (The Avengers Academy kids, in particular, have had their name co-opted for a video game, so that's brand has been slapped on something else, and bringing back Finesse, Reptil, Striker, etc. as 'Avengers Academy' would probably just be confusing, at this point, which annoys the crap out of me, but it is what it is... At this point, it would be like releasing a 'Champions' cartoon with Angel, Iceman, Hercules, Ghost Rider and Black Widow. Just confusing.)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-11-2018 at 04:37 AM.

Maybe they should call it SHIELD Academy instead of Avengers Academy! We know at least Reptil and Striker were involved in that new SHIELD that Bendis set up at the end of his Iron Man run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Tommy is coming to Avengers Academy!
    https://www.voices.com/jobs/posting/305414

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Tommy is coming to Avengers Academy!
    https://www.voices.com/jobs/posting/305414
    Is this the first time he's been in a game? Actually, is this the first time he's been on anything outside of comics at all? Poor Tommy is so underused, so it's nice to hear this. EDIT: Nervermind, I just remembered he was in one of those Lego games.

His description is pretty comics accurate, except for the whole future thing. And I like that he talks fast; that's always been my headcanon for him (and Pietro too).
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-18-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Is this the first time he's been in a game? Actually, is this the first time he's been on anything outside of comics at all? Poor Tommy is so underused, so it's nice to hear this.

His description is pretty comics accurate, except for the whole future thing. And I like that he talks fast; that's always been my headcanon for him (and Pietro too).
    Saw on the wiki that he's also on Lego Avengers. But yeah, it's the only besides that. The whole future thing was the only way for Billy/Tommy and Cassie to still be Wanda/Scott's children as those are teens themselves on Avengers Academy lol.

Yeah. Looks like Young Avengers in that game is kind of like A-Next from MC2 (which of course is where Cassie's Stinger identity originally came from). Except for Hawkeye that is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

they should have gone the from-the-future from the start. not the perfect option. but I bet the characters would currently be getting more use.

Where was the thing about Speed experiencing his accelerated time as real time established? Because I don't remember that being mentioned before. Though it has been a while since I read Young Avengers.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Where was the thing about Speed experiencing his accelerated time as real time established? Because I don't remember that being mentioned before. Though it has been a while since I read Young Avengers.
    I don't remember it being established for Tommy either, I don't even know if it actually was, but it was for Pietro, and I guess their powers are supposed to work the same way...

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I think that one issue of Gillen's YA he was actually in.