View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 37 of 92 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Good Point. He is F4. Welp that is off the list. Your a Wiccan Fan right you think he is executable in the current MCU with a backstory simple enough for the GA? Or would it be easier to just make him a fanboy like we thought he was initially.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Good Point. He is F4. Welp that is off the list. Your a Wiccan Fan right you think he is executable in the current MCU with a backstory simple enough for the GA? Or would it be easier to just make him a fanboy like we thought he was initially.
    My idea for Wiccan(and consequently Speed, in case he was going to be used too) was for his powers, just like Wanda's and Vision's, to come from the mind stone. The Russo's said that was part of the Vision and Wanda connection, so that would give him/them a connection with his/their "parents".

Also, I barely really remember that from the first YA run, but Tommy was being experimented or something, just like Wanda and Pietro. With such a similar story, Wanda would see herself in them, and then she and Vision would adopt them and they would live happily ever after.

BANNED

Eh think we are done for Speed. Quicksilver was terrible. I don't know there were hints he go evil maybe they just do that.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Eh think we are done for Speed. Quicksilver was terrible. I don't know there were hints he go evil maybe they just do that.
    Well, yeah, I would prefer to have him(in comics too, er), but he's not really that necessary.

BANNED

Eh 4-8 works I guess but I am partial to somewhere between 5 and 7.

Eh Wiccan or Nova. I don't like either much so either one works to me. MAC gives you a cosmic connection anyway so my RPG balance roots pushes me more to Wiccan. Magic is useful or even if they Jean Grey him like MCU Wanda. Cant go wrong with a telepath.

I tend to view superhero teams as such thanks to RPG roots...Leader, Tank (Brick, Muscle), Assassin (H2H, Stealth), Magic, Cosmic, Tech (ie STEM). Hence my favorite number being 6 and then 7th is whatever you need maybe a Hybrid. Tends to be a speedster (either tp or just fast) or telepath.

So Bishop (Leader), Chavez (Cosmic), Khan (Hybrid), Morales (Assassin), Cho (Tank), Williams (Tech) and Wiccan (Magic). Good enough for me.
    Last edited by JediKage; 08-22-2016 at 03:23 PM.

So it looks like Marvel is re-printing the first Heinberg/Cheung 1-12 collection in the November solicits. Anyone have any ideas as to why?

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teamhawkeyes View Post
    So it looks like Marvel is re-printing the first Heinberg/Cheung 1-12 collection in the November solicits. Anyone have any ideas as to why?
    They obviously heard that I was having trouble getting a hold of it so they decided to reprint it for me and place it all conveniently in one book.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

It's been announced that they were a little while back but no idea if there's any synergy leading it. All I know is seeing Patriot front and centre on the cover is incredibly heartening.

Astonishing Member

Mostly, to tie-in into upcoming series, such as HAWKEYE; only this Ongoing Series will be having Kate Bishop instead of Clint Barton (since he'll be in the OCCUPY AVENGERS Series).

The creators of the Avengers Academy game just did an AMA on Reddit and they confirmed that the Young Avengers will be added to the game eventually.

Probably because all versions of the original run have been out of print for a while, and they've got several of the more popular characters still in circulation. That's not a bad price point, so I'll probably finally pick up a physical copy.

This month's Year of Marvels Infinite Comic stars Kate. When she introduces herself to three other ladies (they all got in a car and woke up in a castle), one of them says, "isn't Hawkeye a man?", and the others didn't know her either. Looks like the Young Avengers just aren't very famous...

There's a comment from Kate later on, when one of the girls says she's gay, about America being right about Kate having no gaydar. She also makes a reference to a teenage Asgardian doing magic - clearly referring to Wiccan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She also makes a reference to a teenage Asgardian doing magic - clearly referring to Wiccan.
    Since Wiccan was never Asgardian, and does 'reality manipulation' instead of magic, I'd have totally missed that, and guessed she was talking about Sylvie Lushton, the teen Enchantress.

But it would also make sense that the average person wouldn't know that Wiccan wasn't Asgardian and didn't do magic. (And Sylvie's dead, IIRC.)

I think in the original issues when the Daily Bugle was reporting on the new "Young Avengers" mentioned Wiccan's original name which was Asgardian before Kate suggested he change it before it became a joke about Billy's sexuality. As for magic, it's been pretty nebulous on occasion what Wiccan's powers are, so getting confused about its source is pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    (And Sylvie's dead, IIRC.)
    She was banished in Illuminati, not killed off.