View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 56 of 92 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I feel like most of the YA fandom actually dislikes or just doesn't care about Cassie... Seems like most people who like her are Ant-Man fans.
    I actually liked her a lot when I first read Young Avengers, which was way before I ever saw her in an Ant-Man book.

I wasn't really all that crazy about how Spencer used her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually liked her a lot when I first read Young Avengers, which was way before I ever saw her in an Ant-Man book.

I wasn't really all that crazy about how Spencer used her.
    Good news. Spencer isn't using her anymore. She's doing great, right?

I feel like most of the YA fandom actually dislikes or just doesn't care about Cassie... Seems like most people who like her are Ant-Man fans.
    Well I liked Cassie. In fact, I liked everyone in Heinberg's Young Avengers and that's pretty rare for me.
    Didn't really like any of the new additions Gillen made and wasn't a fan of most of what he did with the old cast either, but I know most of you adore his run. Eh.
    #EmmaWasRight

I like Cassie well enough, but I understand why she wasn't everyone's favorite YA. Other members were more interesting, they had more fleshed out motivations and personality, or flashier powers.

A lot of Cassie's character arc revolved around her dead dad. And while that was a good reason for her to start hero-ing, it was probably to her detriment. Especially during ACC where it got a bit grating and eventually cost her life.
    Since she's been back she's been demoted to his supporting cast, someone he could constantly fail and feel bad for failing. A source for his manpain. She was kidnapped, literally had her heart ripped out of her chest, had her powers stolen from her and given to an ugly pink minivillain to make him more like his MCU counterpart.
    I liked that Spencer made her Stinger, but then nothing came of it. She's been ignored ever since, except as an off panel hostage to manipulate Scott.

Well, is exactly because of how her character has always kind of revolved around her dad, even on YA when he was dead, that I don't think that being on her dad's supporting cast it's technically a bad thing for her(if she's used well, which I'm not sure she was lol).

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Well I liked Cassie. In fact, I liked everyone in Heinberg's Young Avengers and that's pretty rare for me.
    Didn't really like any of the new additions Gillen made and wasn't a fan of most of what he did with the old cast either, but I know most of you adore his run. Eh.
    I did like Gillen's run, but Heinberg's is still far above. America is my favorite after Billy/Teddy, but I like Cassie, Eli and Nate more than Prodigy or Noh-Varr.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Good news. Spencer isn't using her anymore. She's doing great, right?
    Well, she's appearing in the Ant-Man and Wasp movie, so I think that's good for her .
    Well, is exactly because of how her character has always kind of revolved around her dad, even on YA when he was dead, that I don't think that being on her dad's supporting cast it's technically a bad thing for her(if she's used well, which I'm not sure she was lol).
    She did end up showing up her dad a lot in the latter half of that run (though she also ended up getting him arrested, so I guess it evens out?).

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Solicits are due in six days. If it's happening, we should have that announcement before then.
    Kelly Thompson confirmed on her Tumblr that one of her Marvel books is a team book. Not sure if it's the same book that has Kate, but if it is, I'm placing my bets on either A-Force or Young Avengers. And while I would love a relaunch for A-Force, YA fans have been waiting longer. We deserve this!

I don't think that's accurate. I have found some animosity towards her within specific online sections of the fandom (and it's not only Cassie, honestly, 'cause I've seen the same for Eli), but I think overall reaction to her is not that bad at all. Back when she debuted in the MCU, there were soooo many people already talking about her as Stature and how they would like to see that. Just recently when they announced the rumor of an older actress possibly playing her in Avengers 4, I also saw many similar excited reactions of people wanting her to evolve into her YA persona, which IMO, is a reflection of how YA got her a lot more fans than Ant-Man ever did. I think she just never became a fan favorite as much as Kate, Billy or Teddy... but I'd say most YA fandom likes her just fine.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-16-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Just spotted a post saying Thompson has four new books coming - one to be announced in or before the August solicits, and the others in July (which would be the October solicits).
    https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...-including-the
    She confirmed one is a solo, and one is a team book (DOV, this is the post you meant, right?). I know there's been speculation about both Jessica Jones and Miles Morales, the YA or A-Force suggestion seems right on the money, that certainly involves Kate either way, and I reckon the fourth one is an X book. Those are just guesses though.
    https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...-youre-working
    "Yeah, I think Billy and Teddy are great. I’d love to see more of them!" - was that a hint?
    https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...ue-the-mini-is
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My perception is that Cassie's popularity took a significant hit after she decided to be pro-registration during Civil War. I always liked her but will admit that I was holding that against her for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    My perception is that Cassie's popularity took a significant hit after she decided to be pro-registration during Civil War. I always liked her but will admit that I was holding that against her for a while.
    Agreed.
    Even though, in REAL LIFE, I'd likely fall into the Pro Registration side of things (gasp), her siding with them (even though her reasoning made TOTAL sense) still embittered me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Agreed.
    Even though, in REAL LIFE, I'd likely fall into the Pro Registration side of things (gasp), her siding with them (even though her reasoning made TOTAL sense) still embittered me.
    Oh yeah, I'd be totally not cool with random people with super-powers just randomly becoming vigilantes without any sort of law enforcement training or anything. Even if I was one of the lucky few, I'd still have family and friends and stuff that I wouldn't want shot by the Punisher for jaywalking or missing a trash can with their litter or whatever (which is stuff he used to do, before he became A) popular and B) inexplicably better looking and C) less crazy).

I liked that Cassie was a pre-existing character. Billy and Teddy and Eli and Nate and Tommy had ties to previous stuff, but were still more or less new characters. Cassie was a familiar face, of sorts.

If I had to pick a character I didn't care for, it was Jonas/Vision. His powers, which were supposed to stem from the Iron Lad/Kang armor, kind of randomly turned into 'Vision powers,' and he seemed to forget that he could shoot repulsors and shapechange and generate magnetic fields and do all sorts of other stuff that Iron Lad could do. It's like the writers forgot that he wasn't *actually* the Vision. Also having a 'Vision' on the same team with two people that are kinda/sorta his spiritual god-children, and it never actually being a big freaking deal, seemed like a huge missed opportunity...

BANNED

So assuming the new book is happening, what do y'all want the roster to look like? For a bit of fun, you can only use at most 5 alumni and the last member (or two) has to be new blood that you think would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Gillen's run had a lot of great moments, but Heinberg's run was definitely better. Its lowest point for me was probably David and Loki's 'Alphonsing' of Teddy. The high point was definitely #6, though I could just be saying that because it was the only issue to prominently feature Tommy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    A lot of Cassie's character arc revolved around her dead dad. And while that was a good reason for her to start hero-ing, it was probably to her detriment. Especially during ACC where it got a bit grating and eventually cost her life.
    Since she's been back she's been demoted to his supporting cast, someone he could constantly fail and feel bad for failing. A source for his manpain. She was kidnapped, literally had her heart ripped out of her chest, had her powers stolen from her and given to an ugly pink minivillain to make him more like his MCU counterpart.
    I liked that Spencer made her Stinger, but then nothing came of it. She's been ignored ever since, except as an off panel hostage to manipulate Scott.
    My problem with Cassie is that while her backstory is definitely sympathetic, I found her personality pretty generic, occasionally unlikable and her WTF romances with Nate and Jonas were just about the only plot line she had.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Agreed.
    I don't really hold Civil War against anyone (the Runaways had the right idea in that mess) but funnily enough it was her reasoning that really pissed me off. Okay Cassie, i get that fighting other heroes isn't what you want to do, but the side you just joined are the ones who just killed a hero via violating their dead friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So assuming the new book is happening, what do y'all want the roster to look like? For a bit of fun, you can only use at most 5 alumni and the last member (or two) has to be new blood that you think would fit.
    I've said this before, but Spider-Girl, Anya Corazon. It's really odd that she isn't being used in the comics considering she's in the Spider-Man cartoon, the YAs haven't already got a spider hero, she's been absent since the cancellation of Web Warriors. Stinger, Hawkeye, Hulkling, Wiccan and Speed would all be there too.

If it turns out to be A-Force instead (which wouldn't be surprising as Kelly wrote the previous A-Force), then a different spider should be rescued from limbo: Silk. Alongside Hawkeye (whatever team it is, we know Kate's involved), Singularity, Dazzler (two alumni from the previous team), Wasp (needs a new book after the demise of the Unity Squad), and Mockingbird (said she was heading to the West Coast in ASM, Kate's already there. Cindy would logically accompany her).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Regarding potential roster for a new Kelly written YA book, I'm still bitter(okay that's probably too strong a word but its all I've got right now) about the Champions being around because there are folks in that roster I'd have loved to see among the Young Avenger crew.

I'd have liked Iron Heart to join the YA. Wouldn't have said no to Ms Marvel either.

I'd add Spider Girl, Anya, since those first two gals are otherwise engaged.

So my roster would be:
    Anya
    Billy
    Kate (and of course, if Kelly's writing, then she's probably bringing Kate's surprisingly powered BF)
    Tommy
    Teddy
    David
    and I'd really love to have Reptil come back (to life?) but that's likely dreaming way bigger than I'm allowed.

Alums:
    Billy
    Teddy
    Kate
    Eli
    Tommy

Newbies:
    Finesse
    Singularity