View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1377

I don't expect to see Jonas even if they do have Kang available... for diversity, they'll make him female instead - in other words, if they introduce another Vision, it'll be Viv.

And actually, while they could use Rayshaun Lucas's Patriot as a substitute for Eli, I agree with the suggestion that America Chavez would be the team's star spangled hero - for the exact same reason.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

With all the hypothetical seeding of the Young Avengers going on in the MCU, does anyone think we might get a Hulkling as a baby reveal in the Captain Marvel post-credit scene? I'm not up to date on the details, but I know it features Mar-Vell (and I doubt Marvel is going to use him much after setting up Carol) and I think the Skrulls. So it feels like the most natural way to introduce him.
    On the other hand, if Billy and Tommy are only getting introduced as babies in Inifinity War part two, then he'd be a fair bit older than Billy. But that problem already exists with Cassy, so they'll probably age the twins up someway.

Also, could there be any legal problems with Teddy due to the fact that Heinberg created a character in Grey's Anatomy with his exact name?
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't expect to see Jonas even if they do have Kang available... for diversity, they'll make him female instead - in other words, if they introduce another Vision, it'll be Viv.

And actually, while they could use Rayshaun Lucas's Patriot as a substitute for Eli, I agree with the suggestion that America Chavez would be the team's star spangled hero - for the exact same reason.
    I am not crazy about replacing Eli with Rayshaun. I'd rather Marvel just pay the Morales estate.
    And I just don't see why you can't have both America and Eli.

And the MCU films have not really been that great with diversity, so let's not pretend that Jonas being a guy would somehow be a deal breaker because they don't have enough girls. Women in main roles have been consistently outnumbered by men by almost 5 to 1 in most of the movies until Black Panther and Infinity War. (and even in Infinity War its still not 1 to 1)
    They wouldn't have Jonas because he would further complicate the Vision storyline, or confuse **** with Tommy and Billy somehow being his sons.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Also, could there be any legal problems with Teddy due to the fact that Heinberg created a character in Grey's Anatomy with his exact name?
    I don't think so. They only have the name in common and YA Teddy came first. They could even call him Theodore instead.
    Also Disney owns ABC, the network that airs Grey's Anatomy.

Besides it's like Claremont naming the mutant Destiny after the Sherlock Holmes' character Irene Adler.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Well, I'm not against Viv being a part of the Young Avengers, but Jonas had a purpose on the team: he was supposed to be the ''spiritual replacement'' of Nate, and his relationship with Cassie was important because of that. The idea of a young synthezoid who was kind of wired to be the ''reincarnation'' of an old member while still trying to figure out who he was was a very nice story that I wouldn't want to see going to waste, so if they were to bring Viv to the team, I would that part of the story to remain. Maybe they can mix both origins into one character: she really is the daughter of Vision in an attempt to have a family, but he also created her out of Iron Lad's armor, using his brain patterns to make her a teenager. The gender twist could even lead to some interesting stories between Viv and Cassie and how Cassie might reciprocate the romantic feelings without necessarily feeling sexually attracted to her, although I'm not sure if a Disney movie would be willing to have some actual, deep discussions about gender, sexuality and how that relates to romance/sexual attraction. Maybe if it was a TV show...

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    With all the hypothetical seeding of the Young Avengers going on in the MCU, does anyone think we might get a Hulkling as a baby reveal in the Captain Marvel post-credit scene? I'm not up to date on the details, but I know it features Mar-Vell (and I doubt Marvel is going to use him much after setting up Carol) and I think the Skrulls. So it feels like the most natural way to introduce him.
    On the other hand, if Billy and Tommy are only getting introduced as babies in Inifinity War part two, then he'd be a fair bit older than Billy. But that problem already exists with Cassy, so they'll probably age the twins up someway.

I honestly have no idea what to expect from the Captain Marvel movie. It seems like it might be full of surprises. But yeah, I think it's definitely possible for them to tease Teddy, depending on how Mar-Vell and his relationship with the Skrulls will be portrayed. Hopefully they do.

And I don't think the copyright thing is a problem at all, because, as far as I'm concerned, it's not a trademarked name, so it's not like anyone has exclusive rights over its use. I don't even know if it's possible to trademark a common name like that. Plus, like Beetle said, it's all a part of the same company, so there would't be any interest to sue even if it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    And I just don't see why you can't have both America and Eli.
    Technically, you can. But I think the mindset here is IF they CAN'T use Eli, how would they make up for his absence, since having a Captain America legacy is sort of important for the team? I prefer if that is not the case ever, but you never know, so I understand why people theorize.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-11-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Kang was in Infinity Countdown, and it looks like he's re-adopting the Iron Lad identity in Infinity Wars!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Kang was in Infinity Countdown, and it looks like he's re-adopting the Iron Lad identity in Infinity Wars!
    So, I'm not caught up on this... is it explicitly mentioned that is Kang as Iron Lad and not a younger version of him who's still Iron Lad? 'Cause Kang as Iron Lad is... weird. Also, kind of funny how Iron Lad all of a sudden made a comeback to comics this year.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-21-2018 at 01:12 AM.

Like I said, Kang already appeared in Countdown, and, since he was working with Adam Warlock, yeah, I'm sure it's the same Kang. The way the Guardians reacted to finding that out in IC#5, I think maybe he's using the Iron Lad identity to fool Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange.

Deodato jr's crimes against feet rival liefeld's. Look at Drax and Bullseye.

So, some concept arts for Ant-Man And The Wasp were divulged, and there are some interesting ones with Cassie, including her having a suit of her own and shrinking without any equipment at all. Concept art is not canon, obviously, but it's interesting to know that these were ideas considered for the movie:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/ant-m...-movie-a162481

I guess that confirms that they do plan to power her up, at least. Perhaps in Avengers 4, if not then then definitely in Ant-Man 3.

Incredible Member

A rare moment of Marvel acknowledging Eli's existence

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1027601603942121479

Question: is this panel from Heinberg's run?

I don't remember seeing this there, but maybe I just forgot.

Anyway, speaking of Teddy's legacy, I ran into this AU fan design for him on DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/firearrow...Vell-698782226

I think it's pretty cool. I would love for him to wear something like that in the actual comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post

Whaaaaaat? That is so random. I wish Eli would come out of this weird legal limbo he seems to be in already. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post

A lot of those commenters seem to think Frank would win. But Eli actually has the Super Soldier Serum, but I doubt any of them know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Question: is this panel from Heinberg's run?

I don't remember seeing this there, but maybe I just forgot.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure its from issue 11 when Teddy's origin is being revealed to him.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Anyway, speaking of Teddy's legacy, I ran into this AU fan design for him on DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/firearrow...Vell-698782226

I think it's pretty cool. I would love for him to wear something like that in the actual comics.
    I'm the first to be down for wanting Teddy embracing his legacy more; heck I want him to take Legacy as his new code name - but that costume is more Carol than his dad
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'm the first to be down for wanting Teddy embracing his legacy more; heck I want him to take Legacy as his new code name - but that costume is more Carol than his dad
    Maybe use Hulking colours but have the Marvel star