View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    There are multiple Avengers squads, there are more than enough character spots between them to separate problematic pairings. Especially if there is a big shakeup after Axis and/or Hickman's incursion thing. If Billy and Wanda were on the same team (first of all, that could actually be interesting because of the strange parental thing going on there, but... ignoring that.) yeah he may take a back seat, same with Kate and Clint in a team setting, but if on a team like Mighty Avengers, or something, which is a lot of lower tier characters to begin with, they could shine.

As for Teddy, I think he needs to change his codename, be his own thing. He is not connected to the Hulk in any way aside from the codename, anyway. Ditching the Hulkling codename for something else can help him stand on his own.

I get that a lot of teen characters fade into obscurity after their creator leaves a book, or the book is cancelled, or whatever, but that's usually just because they don't have enough of a fan following or interest from creators in using them, and I mean, not every character can be an A lister, it's just the way of things. But the YA characters have a significant advantage in that regard, they have a MUCH larger fanbase than most of the forgotten teen characters had, and i think it's kind of a defeatist attitude to not even let them have a chance to try and get a foothold beyond Young Avengers. Especially since it wouldn't be hard to have them go back if it didn't work out.
    The New Warriors say it's not that easy to go back if it doesn't work out. In fact, that's a good comparison. The Young Avengers are the New Warriors of today.

(Y'know, the Runaways had a fandom too, and they've seemingly been reduced to cameo appearances these days.)

I understand the concept of liking a character or liking characters. But if history is any indication, the YA will continue their slide towards irrelevancy.

I remain hopeful that with the increase/boost in fandom thanks to the previous installment under Gillen and Mckelvie, and the still growing online community, the YA will thrive where the New Warriors did not.

Additionally, if nothing else, the "Avenger" connection should give them some additional "favoritism" of sorts within the Marvel Youth heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I remain hopeful that with the increase/boost in fandom thanks to the previous installment under Gillen and Mckelvie, and the still growing online community, the YA will thrive where the New Warriors did not.

Additionally, if nothing else, the "Avenger" connection should give them some additional "favoritism" of sorts within the Marvel Youth heading.
    I agree on both counts. I think Marvel have been very sensible in how they developed this team, not pushing too often a on-going, using mini-series tied to events to keep them relevant. The Young Avengers AND New X-men seem to have fared better than all other kids before them; in terms of use and appearances once their comic ends. Fingers crossed that never changes.

From the Hawkeye preview, concluding Kate's story. Someone NEEDS to have the first image as their avatar! The YA get a shout out, I wonder who she's talking to (probably Teddy or Billy, truthfully).

"Can't just kick its face off" ??
    Oh that is definitely Miss America Chavez.

I looooooooooooove this stuff. I love it when writers acknowledge friendships/relationships that exist outside the primary cast. So wonderful to see Kate telling MAC that she misses them all.

Oh! ALSO love that MAC calls her out on leaving. That's very in character as well. Hopefully that means that MAC stuck around to hero it up with Billy, Teddy, and the gang. Thanks to the Original Sins mini-series, we know that Noh Varr keeps in contact with MAC as well.
    Last edited by Fokken; 09-05-2014 at 04:46 AM.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

I need Kate Bishop to live on after Fraction and co. leave this book, whether w/ a new creative team, a big presence on a new team book, WHATEVER.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    I need Kate Bishop to live on after Fraction and co. leave this book, whether w/ a new creative team, a big presence on a new team book, WHATEVER.
    She is pretty fantastic, isn't she? Fraction writes a tremendous Kate.
    Thank GAWD Fraction decided to keep/include/write her. I need SOME Young Avenger fix somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    She is pretty fantastic, isn't she? Fraction writes a tremendous Kate.
    Thank GAWD Fraction decided to keep/include/write her. I need SOME Young Avenger fix somewhere.
    I heard tell somewhere on Tumblr that Kelly Sue DeConnick's looking for a way to include America Chavez in Captain Marvel. We might have to migrate for our fix, but we'll get it.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

He/him/his pronouns.

I heard tell somewhere on Tumblr that Kelly Sue DeConnick's looking for a way to include America Chavez in Captain Marvel. We might have to migrate for our fix, but we'll get it.

I. Would. DIE.
    I'm already reading Carol and I can only imagine how tremendous Kelly Sue would write America! I would love that so much.

How's Captain Marvel's ANMN volume been? I read the first issue of the previous volume and it... didn't really do it for me.

It makes me sad thinking about the Young Avengers missing Kate back in NYC. I hope she let at least one of them know why she left sometime during the summer, so they don't think it was about them.

He/him/his pronouns.

SQUEAL!!!! Oh... oh, I would love that! MAC and Carol, under deConnick's writing, sounds = PERFECTION!!!

How's Captain Marvel's ANMN volume been? I read the first issue of the previous volume and it... didn't really do it for me.

It makes me sad thinking about the Young Avengers missing Kate back in NYC. I hope she let at least one of them know why she left sometime during the summer, so they don't think it was about them.
    I'm sure she didn't just skip out. She's not that kind of gal. She probably told them she had to bail out Clint.

That would be awesome. I can totally see Carol and America getting along. Neither of them cares for bullshit, and both of them love punching things. It would be a match made in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    That would be awesome. I can totally see Carol and America getting along. Neither of them cares for bullshit, and both of them love punching things. It would be a match made in heaven.
    Agreed. I like that MAC wouldn't be the standard "sidekick" because she won't take the sidekick label, and wont' fawn over her "boss". Much more similar to Kate/Clint

spoilers:
    Aaaaaand Kate's headed back to NYC! Officially to help Clint but obvs to have numerous fun adventures with the YA.
    end of spoilers

He/him/his pronouns.