View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 35 of 92 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up about Jonas. I think its a shame that he was killed off and I agree that his death has kinda gone overlooked. I haven't been reading the new Vision series, but what do you all think about Viv Vision and her joining the new Champions team?
    I don't mind her, but [SPOILER for the Vision book]what happened to her brother and her going on to be on a new book is becoming a bit of a comicbook trope. If you have a brother/sister duo in comics (especially in the last decade or so), something invariably happens to the brother to put him out of the picture and the sister goes on to get the focus.
    I've seen it happen quite a number of times at both DC and Marvel.[/SPOILER for the Vision book]

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I don't mind her, but [SPOILER for the Vision book]what happened to her brother and her going on to be on a new book is becoming a bit of a comicbook trope. If you have a brother/sister duo in comics (especially in the last decade or so), something invariably happens to the brother to put him out of the picture and the sister goes on to get the focus.
    I've seen it happen quite a number of times at both DC and Marvel.[/SPOILER for the Vision book]
    Gotta tag spoilers as spoil. Don't ask why. It just works.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    I mean given the two of them. Viv was always the more heroic and all around good one of the duo. And king established very early that Vin was not a good person.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Gotta tag spoilers as spoil. Don't ask why. It just works.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    spoilers:
    I mean given the two of them. Viv was always the more heroic and all around good one of the duo. And king established very early that Vin was not a good person.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Did he? I don't remember that. He had an extreme violent reaction after going through something traumatic. Other than that I don't remember him doing anything that would label him "not a good person". Besides, whether or not he deserved to die is irrelevant. My point was that in brother/sister pairings the brother almost always gets killed off or depowered.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Thanks.

spoilers:
    Did he? I don't remember that. He had an extreme violent reaction after going through something traumatic. Other than that I don't remember him doing anything that would label him "not a good person". Besides, whether or not he deserved to die is irrelevant. My point was that in brother/sister pairings the brother almost always gets killed off or depowered.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah I noticed they did that to the Karasu and Tarasu, the brother and sister tengu like mutants in X-men.
    end of spoilers About the only pairs I can think of that they didn't do that to was Wanda and Peitro. Also they did some weird stuff to the Cuckoo sisters. Although a again, has there become a taint to the Young Avengers books?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    About the only pairs I can think of that they didn't do that to was Wanda and Peitro.
    MCU says hi!

spoilers:
    Yeah I noticed they did that to the Karasu and Tarasu, the brother and sister tengu like mutants in X-men.
    end of spoilers About the only pairs I can think of that they didn't do that to was Wanda and Peitro. Also they did some weird stuff to the Cuckoo sisters. Although a again, has there become a taint to the Young Avengers books?
    Ah, but they did it to Quicksilver in Age of Ultron. :P

Edit: Whoops! Didn't see Wiccan's post.

Other examples over at DC are spoilers:
    in Animal Man where the son got killed and the daughter inherited the Animal Man powers or pre-Flashpoint with Wally West's kids where his son lost his powers and his daughter became the new Impulse.
    end of spoilers
    And yeah, the one you brought up sprang to mind for me as well. There's more of course, but those are the ones I can think of immediately. Like I said, if it isn't a trope yet, it should be.
    Last edited by NexusTenebrare; 07-30-2016 at 09:46 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Your right, your right, they did kill a twin there.

Question, do you guys think, with this new Champions thing, is YA dead in the water? Like do you think Marvel will ever do one again, or are they destined, like Runaways, to be only a memory?

Your right, your right, they did kill a twin there.

Question, do you guys think, with this new Champions thing, is YA dead in the water? Like do you think Marvel will ever do one again, or are they destined, like Runaways, to be only a memory?
    With how popular most of the team are, I doubt it'll ever be completely forgotten, even if a lot of them have outgrown being "Young" Avengers.

I also doubt they'll go the way of the New Warriors. That's the group I'm more worried about.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers About the only pairs I can think of that they didn't do that to was Wanda and Peitro.
    Northstar and Aurora as well... though I guess we'll have to see if that still holds after Death of X.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Northstar and Aurora as well... though I guess we'll have to see if that still holds after Death of X.
    Not too likely for Aurora, being that she's a member of Carol's/Captain Marvel's Alpha Flight; thus being in orbit on the space station.......now Northstar is perhaps another story.

Hulkling and Wiccan are joining Future Fight.

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detai...d=75&id=495254

Edit: Nevermind. Used another source.

What is this game and where do I get it??
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-16-2016 at 07:34 AM.

Good to see Wiccan and Hulkling being added to that game, although it seems that Power Man wont be part unlike the rest of the New Avengers, a pity.

Hope that soon we'll see Wiccan and Hulking in Avengers Alliance alongside Kate, I would instantly buy the two of them xdd.