View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Because eveyone is rallying and supporting it. Yet Isiah was forgotten about and left to rot, and he too has been sidelined and forgotten. It'd piss off his fan and do nothing to over come the angry black teen stereotype, but making him a quasi-villain, even for an arc or two only, would make some level of sense
    OK, I can understand him being angry at his grandfather not getting recognition. But I don't see why Sam getting recognition would anger him. It's not like he has anything against Sam, and I'm pretty sure he'd still think it's pretty awesome to have a black Captain America.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    OK, I can understand him being angry at his grandfather not getting recognition. But I don't see why Sam getting recognition would anger him. It's not like he has anything against Sam, and I'm pretty sure he'd still think it's pretty awesome to have a black Captain America.
    With respect, he was never written as the most even headed character. I could totally see him being angry and acting out based on that characterisation.

It's a shame, as I have a feeling he'd have the Rage role in SWCA if he was usable
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Incredible Member

I've been thinking and I think the only reason the Young Avengers were even created was so Marvel could have a Hulk, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver in Civil War without bringing the characters back. Hence the lack of a long running series there was never a real long-term plan for the team at first. The Runaways crossover tie-ins were probably only done to try to increase their popularity not that they worked. The real issue was the lack of an overall status quo, although hats off to the Dark Reign tie-in for trying while also trying to introduce an entirely new team. Still, can't help but wonder if Young Avengers didn't sell as well Children Crusade would have been done without the Young Avengers since it's basically more of Wanda's story then the Young Avengers until the final few pages where they decide to break up. Their break up was well executed and emotional, I always go back to it but there's alway the lingering thought that there's really not a whole to get emotional about since they were barely even established as a team. Heck, I thought Cassie and Vision had absolutely no chemistry with the rest of team her main arc was about being insecure but that was the same as everyone else on the team. It's not helped by when she joined the Mighty Avengers it really seemed like she just didn't care about them. Plus relationship with Iron Lad and Vision were very forced.

Still, at least we got Vol 2 which is nice but I really wish we got a status quo with the original line up.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

~reviving this thread~

Well, Marvel DID mention Eli (along with his uncle and grandfather) on an article from yesterday to celebrate Flag Day:

https://news.marvel.com/comics/66835...uper-patriots/

Not sure if this means anything, but it's nice to see him being directly and explicitly acknowledged by Marvel in SOME way.

Also, I would really like to see how the Young Avengers react to the new Patriot.

BANNED

I'd love a new Young Avengers title with the following:
    • Wiccan
    • Hulkling
    • Speed
    • Stinger
    • Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon)
    • Ironheart

I considered Thunderstrike (Kevin Masterson) and Power Man (Victor Alvarez) as candidates given they follow the YA theme of younger incarnations of older heroes. And Hazmat would be cool. But those I mentioned stand out to me, and I'd love to see a team resembling this in the current MU.

Incredible Member

It'd be kind of odd for Thunderstrike to be brought in when we have Odinson completely at loss without his hammer. Power Man is a big no for me since it feels like there's little left to do with her character.

Hazmat I am totally welcome to seeing again though.

HER character? Power MAN?

Ironheart is basically ruled out, she was already invited to join the Champions.

Extraordinary Member

Well, it seems nowadays Thor is the only one who doesn't get a hammer. But seriously, judging from how Stormbreaker and Tunderstrike are made. Odin could just make more of them.
    I want to see Thunderstrike in the team though, Billy may be past that stage when he called himself "Asgardian".
    Still they can revisit some aspects of the character by putting Billy and Kevin together.

Ultimate Member

There's so many teens lying around that could show up in a new Young Avengers run;

Avengers Academy kids - Stryker, Finesse or Reptil would be my favorite choices
    New X-Men kids - Hellion, Dust, Elixir, Loa, etc.
    other young mutants like Armor
    Jolt, from the Thunderbolts has recently returned.
    Initiative leftovers - Komodo, Hardball, or lesser-seen people like Gorilla Girl or Telemetry
    New Warriors - Debrii, Haechi, Water Snake, Sun Girl, Hummingbird

I'd be very surprised if New Warriors doesn't come back next year, and with Debrii on the team - because of the TV show.

Didn't Reptil get killed at the end of Avengers Arena?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'd be very surprised if New Warriors doesn't come back next year, and with Debrii on the team - because of the TV show.
    ....If so, then let's hope for a better of the NWs not getting killed again {except maybe Mr. I. :P ).......

Didn't Reptil get killed at the end of Avengers Arena?
    ....Although there was an explosion within AVENGERS ARENA #18; the Fate of Reptil was left up into the air......so if any writer wishes to either bring back AVENGERS ACADEMY {and interesting enough, the name was mentioned by UltronPym no less recently within SE #4} or any of the former students there; then maybe what happened to Humberto within AA #18 will be finally resolved.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'd love a new Young Avengers title with the following:
    • Wiccan
    • Hulkling
    • Speed
    • Stinger
    • Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon)
    • Ironheart

I considered Thunderstrike (Kevin Masterson) and Power Man (Victor Alvarez) as candidates given they follow the YA theme of younger incarnations of older heroes. And Hazmat would be cool. But those I mentioned stand out to me, and I'd love to see a team resembling this in the current MU.
    Right now I would rather see Cassie in an Ant-Man and Stinger book just so she doesn't have to share panel time with 4 or 5 other co-stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    There's so many teens lying around that could show up in a new Young Avengers run;

Avengers Academy kids - Stryker, Finesse or Reptil would be my favorite choices
    New X-Men kids - Hellion, Dust, Elixir, Loa, etc.
    other young mutants like Armor
    Jolt, from the Thunderbolts has recently returned.
    Initiative leftovers - Komodo, Hardball, or lesser-seen people like Gorilla Girl or Telemetry
    New Warriors - Debrii, Haechi, Water Snake, Sun Girl, Hummingbird
    Not to sound rude, but I REALLY hope they don't use a new Young Avengers title as a dump for all the renegated teenage heroes from other franchises. I mean, sure, maybe throw one or two of those characters in there, but I feel like they should absolutely prioritize the characters I consider to be the core members (Wiccan, Hulkling, Hawkeye, Stinger, Speed and, if possible, Eli). I just really want a LONG, IMPORTANT run with those characters to finally establish the Young Avengers brand before any major roster changes are made. I want Marvel to push them as much as they're pushing the Champions right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Right now I would rather see Cassie in an Ant-Man and Stinger book just so she doesn't have to share panel time with 4 or 5 other co-stars.
    Yeah, Cassie would probably get more page time in a duo book, but I take her in a team book than no book at all. Plus, I just really want some closure on the whole Nate/Cassie/Jonas thing, and I feel like that is more likely to happen in a YA book than any other.

Very cool cover arts for the Young Avengers by Tumblr artist Redemsi

Redemsi is DOPE.