View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

I love this.

Wait. Let me clarify. I love that the writer chose wrote these text scenes. Hearkens back to Gillen's brilliant run, full of typical teen behavior in a very fun, believable fashion. Though I haven't DISliked this Original Sins YA installment -- THESE few pages here, slapped me with the nostalgia stick. HARD.

Again, its not my ideal aesthetic, but I think the writer certainly handles youth and humor well -- which has become a staple for these characters, and I would easily follow him if he were to steer the next YA ship. These texts are fantastic and sound so perfectly teen-hero; being bored with the mundane, non-fighting, aspects of the hero gig, and arguing your super peers should use their impressive powers to join them, and the difference between Noh Varr trying to GET their friends to join them, whereas Teddy is insisting Billy stay home and work on his school work. I love it.
    Back to that whole ideal aesthetic thing: MY KINGDOM for a Valerio Schiti or Russell Dauterman drawn Young Avengers book!!! (That being said, anyone reading this with a tumblr account PLEASE go to Russell Dauterman's site and beckon, beg, plead, and beg some more that he illustrate a Young Avengers team picture -- thank you kindly)

Anyone else catching the Young Masters reappearing in Avengers Undercover?

1. Who is your favourite Young Avengers?
    Got to be Wiccan, but I also think that Miss America is just soooooo awesome
    2. Who is your favourite writer for Young Avengers?
    Probs Heinberg, just for originally creating the amazing team
    3. Who is your favourite artist for Young Avengers?
    Mckelvie's art style is so fresh and vibrant
    4. Who is your favourite ally to the Young Avengers?
    Ahhhhh so difficult to choose, there was like so many cameos in the last issues of YA vol. 2, but if I had to go with one I would probs say pixie (although she was only briefly seen helping the team) or the runaways
    5. Who is your favourite villain the Young Avengers (or just one of them) have faced?
    If Loki is deemed a villain then that would be my answer, but I would consider him more of an anti-hero so I will go with Mother
    6. Who are you favourite Young Avengers romance? (doesn't have to end in them dating)
    Only 1 answer: Billy and Teddy
    7. What has been your favourite battle/fight for a Young Avenger?
    Kate and Noh-varr vs the skrulls
    8. What is your favourite scene out of the Young Avengers stories?
    Prodigy's texting chain/ link thing to contact all the teen heroes
    9. After Original Sin, who do you want the next arc to give focus too?
    I think that Kate Bishop really needs more focus, however I think she could probably hold her own in a solo series. Also I think that Noh-varr could use a bit more development, perhaps exploring his more vulnerable side?
    10. Who would you add to the current Young Avengers roster?
    I think Anole would be a great addition to the team, and it seems like an almost no brainier to add the new Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan.) I also think Genesis from the x-men would be great, or I could even see the potential for one of the time-displaced original x-men to join, however I think it would have to be done right

Loved the first YA run, hated Children's crusade because of they did my boy Eli. And no patriot equaled no dollars from me for this incarnation.

I'll Assemble if you call it...

I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...feature-724663

Scott Lang's daughter will appear in the Ant-Man movie.

The Young Avengers are taking their first steps into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by CMain453 View Post
    1. Who is your favourite Young Avengers?
    Got to be Wiccan, but I also think that Miss America is just soooooo awesome
    You sir... have EXCELLENT taste!

9. After Original Sin, who do you want the next arc to give focus too?
    I think that Kate Bishop really needs more focus, however I think she could probably hold her own in a solo series. Also I think that Noh-varr could use a bit more development, perhaps exploring his more vulnerable side?
    Do you read Hawkeye, she gets half the stories; so it's sort of a solo series on her issues. Her main enemy is Madam Masque and her supporting cast are Finch&Marcus (a gay married couple, one's a florist the other... a writer, I think???). They help her solve mysteries.

10. Who would you add to the current Young Avengers roster?
    I think Anole would be a great addition to the team, and it seems like an almost no brainier to add the new Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan.) I also think Genesis from the x-men would be great, or I could even see the potential for one of the time-displaced original x-men to join, however I think it would have to be done right
    THIS!!! Kamala makes sooooooooooo much sense. Boost her numbers, boost YA numbers, add much needed female diversity, and another POC to the cast. Everyone wins. Plus her fangirl mentality would go well with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunyc View Post
    Loved the first YA run, hated Children's crusade because of they did my boy Eli. And no patriot equaled no dollars from me for this incarnation.
    Technically Patriot was in it, in a way...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been mentioned in this thread.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...feature-724663
    Scott Lang's daughter will appear in the Ant-Man movie.
    The Young Avengers are taking their first steps into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    If SB/DB was still on these boards I'm sure we'd never stop hearing about it....

One more of Patrinot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ORIGSINS2014004-int4-3-06e32.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...t4-4-7f36e.jpg
    LOLOLOL!!! These are great. Can't get into the art but great read.

You sir... have EXCELLENT taste!

Do you read Hawkeye, she gets half the stories; so it's sort of a solo series on her issues. Her main enemy is Madam Masque and her supporting cast are Finch&Marcus (a gay married couple, one's a florist the other... a writer, I think???). They help her solve mysteries.

THIS!!! Kamala makes sooooooooooo much sense. Boost her numbers, boost YA numbers, add much needed female diversity, and another POC to the cast. Everyone wins. Plus her fangirl mentality would go well with the team
    Thanks for the approval of taste ahaha! I don't actually read Hawkeye, although I've seen a lot about it recently and I have been considering it, is it worth picking up? And YES Kamala NEEDS to join the YA! It just seems to make so much sense in my head, and it would be really cool to see a more ethnically diverse team, particularly as that is kinda what the Young Avengers are all about.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'd like to see Kamala join just because I would be interested to see how her faith would see her react to what are essentially the GAyvengers (I know they aren't all, I just liked that most were).

She might not care at all, or she could be used to teach a lesson (or numerous lessons) or they could do like they did with that Shi'ar woman at Northstar's wedding.

I'd be interested
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'd like to see Kamala join just because I would be interested to see how her faith would see her react to what are essentially the GAyvengers (I know they aren't all, I just liked that most were).
    I totally agree that it would be cool to see Kamala's reaction, and especially see how her faith impacts on her views. It could very easily be done without a huge storyline or anything to do with it, just a subtle progression of how Kamala feels about it would be very interesting to see

Kamala's a Muslim, but she's also a young American from New Jersey. The odds of her having any problem at all with homosexuality is slim. She probably knows some gay kids at her school.

As for Kamala joining the Young Avengers, not yet. Maybe in a few years. For now, I think I'd like to see her staying in New Jersey, not gallivanting around the world or multiverse.

One more of Patrinot.
    Damn E... Non corporal weird spirit guide... Glad I passed....

I'll Assemble if you call it...

Thanks for the approval of taste ahaha! I don't actually read Hawkeye, although I've seen a lot about it recently and I have been considering it, is it worth picking up?
    The first two TPBs EVERYONE should own. It's just incredibly solid, beautiful storytelling. Kate's solo stint is marmite; I love it, some hate it.

And YES Kamala NEEDS to join the YA!
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!!!

It just seems to make so much sense in my head, and it would be really cool to see a more ethnically diverse team, particularly as that is kinda what the Young Avengers are all about.
    Agreed, but the team is actually the most racial diverse its ever been. It definitely needs more women too, so Kamala is a perfect choice!

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I totally agree that it would be cool to see Kamala's reaction, and especially see how her faith impacts on her views. It could very easily be done without a huge storyline or anything to do with it, just a subtle progression of how Kamala feels about it would be very interesting to see
    This is a great idea; I'd very much like this explored/commented on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Kamala's a Muslim, but she's also a young American from New Jersey. The odds of her having any problem at all with homosexuality is slim.
    Hmmmm... not necessarily following the logic of this one

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunyc View Post
    Damn E... Non corporal weird spirit guide... Glad I passed....
    The mystery of Patri-not is actually very cool. Even Mother was scared of him. You shouldn't write it off until you've tried it (maybe jump in issue #6 when Prodigy and Patri-not both debut?).

The first two TPBs EVERYONE should own. It's just incredibly solid, beautiful storytelling. Kate's solo stint is marmite; I love it, some hate it.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!!!

Agreed, but the team is actually the most racial diverse its ever been. It definitely needs more women too, so Kamala is a perfect choice!
    Ok, I will read Hawkeye and post my thoughts on Kate's story! Tallking of Kamala, is it just me that kinda wants to see a Miss America/ Ms Marvel romance? I know that the idea of Kamala struggling to accept the teams diverse sexualities would contradict this, but I can still dream ahaha