View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Things change. Why would we pick a point in any of those characters' stories and say that they end...NOW.

Veil can still be a character without powers, or can get re-powered. People can be on two teams, or go back and forth between heroes and villains. Alex having a period of being a bad guy makes him more interesting to me.
    Alex didn't have a period of being a bad guy. He was never a good guy. He's a crimelord in Power Man & Iron Fist for Christ's sake, you might as well say that Zemo's a good guy now.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They finally did a finger of Cassie, but it's as Stinger.

I think that leaves Speed as the only member of the original team that hasn't gotten a figure yet.
    Actually, doing a little research I found out Cassie already had an action figure as Stinger, one that came out before she even took the mantle in the 616 Universe. Apparently, a toy company created a line for the MC2 Universe characters, and Stinger was one of them:

http://www.shesfantastic.com/2014/03...s-stinger.html

It's nice to get some new Cassie product, regardless. I guess being an MCU character might encourage Marvel to promote her more.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-18-2018 at 09:59 PM.

There's a major problem there. Hope's comic counterpart is Nadia. Who has the SAME powers as Cassie. I'm pretty sure the Russian kid is the reason Cassie is in limbo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's a major problem there. Hope's comic counterpart is Nadia. Who has the SAME powers as Cassie. I'm pretty sure the Russian kid is the reason Cassie is in limbo.
    Eh, I honestly don't think they'd be using Cassie in Nadia's roles instead.
    There's no way she would have joined Waid's Avengers or the new Champions. Unless they relaunch YA with Nadia, it's more likely she isn't being used because the character isn't so relevant to editorial anymore. And that happened a long time before Nadia appeared.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    While I wouldn't want Alex being a good guy again, I agree that there is nothing that stops comic book writers to have literally any character they want as a part of a book, except for characters who might not be usable due to legal reasons. We see stuff happening like that all the time, and sometimes they don't even bother with continuity. Ewing had Ava Ayala retire the White Tiger mantle in New Avengers, only for Bendis to restore that without any explanation in Defenders.
    True. I'd like Alex to be that guy who's unpredictable, who may be around but isn't really "on" any team except his own.
    I just don't see why being depowered or on another team or being bad precludes their story from continuing... and really, it doesn't.

In the case of someone like Ava, I'd rather have her back (without knowing exactly how/why) than have her not appearing anywhere. If anything the story of her comeback is now a storyline for future writers to explore.

Just caught up on "Worlds Collide", and now Viv Vision might be my top choice for this poll. She's always been interesting but now I'm even more intrigued.

What poll? The poll in this thread is favourite Young Avenger. Viv debuted after the last YA series was published, it's Jonas Vision who's in the poll.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, we ARE getting a Stinger figure instead of a Wasp one, aren't we? So that's one instance of Nadia not replacing Cassie. All I'm saying is that as long as Marvel has a reason to promote Scott Lang, and they often do now and in the future due to him being an MCU character, they have a reason to promote Cassie as well, and that's a good thing for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    In the case of someone like Ava, I'd rather have her back (without knowing exactly how/why) than have her not appearing anywhere. If anything the story of her comeback is now a storyline for future writers to explore.
    Yeah, I have to agree with this. It's ideal to actually bother to explain things, but I don't hate that at least now she can appear in comics as a hero again. I love Ewing, but I hated his decision to depower and retire her. It felt pointless, and generally speaking, that's the worst thing you can do to a D-lister, because it just dooms them to editorial limbo even more than usual.

That Stinger figure looks great. I think that also still leaves Jonas as an OG Young Avenger not to get an action figure.

Yeah, I have to agree with this. It's ideal to actually bother to explain things, but I don't hate that at least now she can appear in comics as a hero again. I love Ewing, but I hated his decision to depower and retire her. It felt pointless, and generally speaking, that's the worst thing you can do to a D-lister, because it just dooms them to editorial limbo even more than usual.
    I'm not really mad that Ewing depowered Ava. When she lost the amulet in Academy she went through withdrawal like she was on drugs. And her growing dependence on the Tiger God's power and how she was becoming less and less human was a continuing arc for her in Ewing's books, its why she and Power Man broke up. Having her defeat a fully Tiger powered Angela with her own determination and skill, freeing her from the Hand and both of them rejecting the Tiger God was the logical conclusion to what Ewing was doing with Ava, if a bit rushed by the cancellation of the New Avengers title.

Obviously I want her to come back and continue being a hero, but I think having her defeat Angela was supposed to show that she doesn't necessarily need powers to be one. So I wouldn't mind if she's depowered when she returns, as long as they don't bring back the withdrawal angle again. Too many unfortunate implications.

Mighty Member

What poll? The poll in this thread is favourite Young Avenger. Viv debuted after the last YA series was published, it's Jonas Vision who's in the poll.
    I know. Viv is my new write in candidate.

Mighty Member

[QUOTE=Drops Of Venus;3462863
    Yeah, I have to agree with this. It's ideal to actually bother to explain things, but I don't hate that at least now she can appear in comics as a hero again. I love Ewing, but I hated his decision to depower and retire her. It felt pointless, and generally speaking, that's the worst thing you can do to a D-lister, because it just dooms them to editorial limbo even more than usual.[/QUOTE]

I can see that viewpoint on Ava. I thought her arc made sense and provided nice development for her, but I can see why you feel the way you do about her. I'm sure we're getting several new Avengers books soon, with Ewing likely writing one of them, so hopefully she shows up on that book and her story continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm not really mad that Ewing depowered Ava. When she lost the amulet in Academy she went through withdrawal like she was on drugs. And her growing dependence on the Tiger God's power and how she was becoming less and less human was a continuing arc for her in Ewing's books, its why she and Power Man broke up. Having her defeat a fully Tiger powered Angela with her own determination and skill, freeing her from the Hand and both of them rejecting the Tiger God was the logical conclusion to what Ewing was doing with Ava, if a bit rushed by the cancellation of the New Avengers title.

Obviously I want her to come back and continue being a hero, but I think having her defeat Angela was supposed to show that she doesn't necessarily need powers to be one. So I wouldn't mind if she's depowered when she returns, as long as they don't bring back the withdrawal angle again. Too many unfortunate implications.
    Oh, I get that. Within his story, yeah, it was cool and it made perfect sense, but comics are a continuing narrative and the people involved have to think of the bigger picture. I get the feeling that there wasn't much thought put into what was going to happen to her next, and that's why we spent a year with nothing and suddenly she was White Tiger again with no explanation. If the story was actually planned to go somewhere, I'd be fine with it, but it doesn't seem like that's what happened. And I get that that's not all on Ewing; he's a good writer who's constantly doing things with lesser known characters and giving other writers the opportunity to follow up on those things, but at this point it's clear that most writers just don't care for those narratives as much as he does, so when he does something like that, he just ends up leaving the characters hanging, and it's really not cool for their fans. Take Wiccan and Hulkling and their final moments in New Avengers: there was this sense of a new chapter beginning for them, and even the hint of a Young Avengers reunion. I'm SURE Ewing did that because he wanted someone to pick up on that, which is really nice, but the problem is NO ONE DID, so now it just feels like an unfinished story. It's so frustrating and it's been so long it makes you wonder if the next writer to use them will even remember that. It's just a terrible way to manage their characters and Marvel editorial should just be doing better than that.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-19-2018 at 07:24 PM.

I love the Young Avengers. They are one of my favourite Marvel teams of all time. I'd love to get another series from them

So... I was sure that the new book with Kate coming in August was going to be the Jessica Jones relaunch, but with the confirmation that that particular book is only coming in the fall (and Amazon seemingly confirming it for November), I can only guess Kate is appearing somewhere else. Let us start a prayer circle for a new YA book!

Also, I wanted to share this video 'cause it's really freaking cool:

So... I was sure that the new book with Kate coming in August was going to be the Jessica Jones relaunch, but with the confirmation that that particular book is only coming in the fall (and Amazon seemingly confirming it for November), I can only guess Kate is appearing somewhere else. Let us start a prayer circle for a new YA book!
    It's definitely past time for another Young Avengers series. And given the Trans Day of Visibility just passed, I may as well mention that I want the next volume to introduce a new trans character. Marvel is still seriously lacking in visible trans representation. Tong is out of the universe, Sera is still missing (with no indications that Marvel gives enough of a **** to actually follow up on that plot point that was supposedly put in there specifically to set up a story for another writer, and I am still pissed off about that), and Koi Boi gets only sporadic appearances in Squirrel Girl. Young Avengers has established itself as a queer-friendly place, so it'd be nice if that extended to include trans people, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    It's definitely past time for another Young Avengers series. And given the Trans Day of Visibility just passed, I may as well mention that I want the next volume to introduce a new trans character. Marvel is still seriously lacking in visible trans representation. Tong is out of the universe, Sera is still missing (with no indications that Marvel gives enough of a **** to actually follow up on that plot point that was supposedly put in there specifically to set up a story for another writer, and I am still pissed off about that), and Koi Boi gets only sporadic appearances in Squirrel Girl. Young Avengers has established itself as a queer-friendly place, so it'd be nice if that extended to include trans people, too.
    Yeah, I hope Young Avengers continues to be a groundbreaker in terms of LGBTQ representation, specially in light of the sentiment that Fresh Start is ''doubling down'' on diversity. If there's one group that can get away with it, it's them. And as much as I would like a new trans character, I sure hope editorial actually puts effort into making them relevant. Creating a trans character only so they can disappear into oblivion like it happened to Sera is really not cool. We don't need just trans representation, we need trans representation that actually matters in the long run.