View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    No, they make clear in the issue this is an alternate version of him. I imagine because he's not very likable or interesting he's probably going to end up dead by the end of the first arc.
    Yeah. here's the page.

To their credit, there is an editor's note saying to go buy the Young Avengers TPB!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Well, that was disappointing. The YA throwback image was literally just an easter-egg that wasn't even related to the actual story and probably won't be, as that's not our Nate. Thank you for the gratuitous advertisement, I guess??
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-12-2018 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, that was disappointing. The YA throwback image was literally just an easter-egg that wasn't even related to the actual story and probably won't be, as that's not our Nate. Thank you for the gratuitous advertisement, I guess??
    Ha ha ha. And here I am, with my dustpan and broom, sweeping up whatever crumbs Marvel peppers throughout their books to imply they still remember our precious bebbehs, in any reality. haha. #SoSad #SoHungry #NomDeezCrumz

America cameo in next week's Avengers:
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So the Ant-Man and The Wasp trailer opens with Cassie saying she wishes she could fight bad guys like Scott. PLEEEEASE be leading toward something, PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by teamhawkeyes View Post
    So the Ant-Man and The Wasp trailer opens with Cassie saying she wishes she could fight bad guys like Scott. PLEEEEASE be leading toward something, PLEASE.
    if that something is two openly gay teen heroes (one of which a child of the Scarlet Witch and the other a half-skrull), i wouldn't hold my breath on that one. but i fully believe that rumor about a future Cassie being cast.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Yeah, I really think this could be foreshadowing, if not for Young Avengers, then at least to whatever is going on with Cassie on Avengers 4 that required an older actress being cast.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-01-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Well, Ant-Man and the Wasp does introduce the previous Wasp and Goliath. So Stature/Stinger is the only other one left, unless they use Eric O'Grady, the third Ant-Man now known as Black Ant, as a future villain. I'm sure Cassie getting her powers will at least be foreshadowed, and it'll happen in either Avengers 4 or Ant-Man 3.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Ant-Man and the Wasp does introduce the previous Wasp and Goliath. So Stature/Stinger is the only other one left, unless they use Eric O'Grady, the third Ant-Man now known as Black Ant, as a future villain. I'm sure Cassie getting her powers will at least be foreshadowed, and it'll happen in either Avengers 4 or Ant-Man 3.
    MCU version is more suit-based power than bio-based though, maybe Cassie will be the first case in MCU to use shrink/ growing power without the suit?

BANNED

I could see the MCU incarnation being some form of Young Avengers/Champions merger. Nova, Miles Morales and Kamala Khan instead of Patriot, Jonas or Speed for example. I'd rather one of the other but I feel like we'll get something in the middle. Besides, I don't think they even have access to all the characters yet, and ofc there' some they may want to shy away from (Marvel doesn't seem to want any LGBT characters in their films anytime soon- with Thor Ragnarok + Black Panther already having shyed away from that exposure).

Kelly Thompson tweeted yesterday:

"The characters I am writing today, guys. I mean...magical. Just MAGICAL TOGETHER! *swoon* "

So NATURALLY, my irrational hopeful fanaticism has me CONVINCED she's writing Billy and Teddy.

Dream big right?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I could see the MCU incarnation being some form of Young Avengers/Champions merger. Nova, Miles Morales and Kamala Khan instead of Patriot, Jonas or Speed for example. I'd rather one of the other but I feel like we'll get something in the middle. Besides, I don't think they even have access to all the characters yet, and ofc there' some they may want to shy away from (Marvel doesn't seem to want any LGBT characters in their films anytime soon- with Thor Ragnarok + Black Panther already having shyed away from that exposure).
    Marvel shies away from LGBT content because huge markets like China will outright reject films for openly featuring LGBT content.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Kelly Thompson tweeted yesterday:

"The characters I am writing today, guys. I mean...magical. Just MAGICAL TOGETHER! *swoon* "

So NATURALLY, my irrational hopeful fanaticism has me CONVINCED she's writing Billy and Teddy.

Dream big right?
    Hawkeye ended with a message saying Kate is back in August. So yeah, we're about to get an announcement about that - a Kelly Thompson Young Avengers would not be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if that something is two openly gay teen heroes (one of which a child of the Scarlet Witch and the other a half-skrull), i wouldn't hold my breath on that one. but i fully believe that rumor about a future Cassie being cast.
    Half-Skrull is no obstacle. Not only are Skrulls in Captain Marvel, that film is set in the 90s, so it's definitely possible for Hulkling to be around in the present day MCU. And wasn't there a casting for two babies? That would be Wiccan and Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    It is likely that they'd use some Champions though, as neither team is viable with their original rosters. Iron Lad is Kang, an FF character, so he's out. Patriot if used would have to be the new one and not Eli. Miles is probably out for being too young (Peter's still a teenager himself - Miles's uncle Aaron did appear in Homecoming and mentioned his nephew in a deleted scene, but there's no way Miles is becoming a second Spider-Man in the MCU any time soon), and Vision being powered by an Infinity Stone rules out both Jonas and Viv. Kate would be easy to intro from scratch, as would Kamala (they just need to bite the bullet and mention Agents of SHIELD, where something equivalent to the Terrigen bomb already happened). Amadeus is probably ruled out due to the fact Hulk can't have a solo movie. Nadia's definitely out as the adult Hope van Dyne is her MCU counterpart, but her powers are the same as Cassie's anyway. Nova is out because they haven't even introduced the other one (Rich Rider) yet - he might be in GOTG3.

BANNED

Finally got around to reading the original YA series. I managed to go in with minimal knowledge and on the whole I really liked it. I didn't think it was "an equal to Runaways" as more than one person had built it up to me as, mostly due to how cluttered the story got in its second half and some weirdness all throughout, most especially the random Cassie/Nate relationship, but the introduction story was still great, the second half had its moments and the cast...I need more. Now. I love these kids and I can't decide whose my favorite between Billy, Teddy, Kate (the one character here I'd read a decent amount of before) and Eli, though I think I'm leaning towards Teddy. I need to check out Children's Crusade next, right?