View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 54 of 92 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Finally got around to reading the original YA series. I managed to go in with minimal knowledge and on the whole I really liked it. I didn't think it was "an equal to Runaways" as more than one person had built it up to me as, mostly due to how cluttered the story got in its second half and some weirdness all throughout, most especially the random Cassie/Nate relationship, but the introduction story was still great, the second half had its moments and the cast...I need more. Now. I love these kids and I can't decide whose my favorite between Billy, Teddy, Kate (the one character here I'd read a decent amount of before) and Eli, though I think I'm leaning towards Teddy. I need to check out Children's Crusade next, right?
    Do it, but you are in for a rough time

Finally got around to reading the original YA series. I managed to go in with minimal knowledge and on the whole I really liked it. I didn't think it was "an equal to Runaways" as more than one person had built it up to me as, mostly due to how cluttered the story got in its second half and some weirdness all throughout, most especially the random Cassie/Nate relationship, but the introduction story was still great, the second half had its moments and the cast...I need more. Now. I love these kids and I can't decide whose my favorite between Billy, Teddy, Kate (the one character here I'd read a decent amount of before) and Eli, though I think I'm leaning towards Teddy. I need to check out Children's Crusade next, right?
    Yep. There's also a Young Avengers/Runaways mini during Civil War and "Young Avengers Presents" which is a bunch of solo stories for each member.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Kelly Thompson tweeted yesterday:

"The characters I am writing today, guys. I mean...magical. Just MAGICAL TOGETHER! *swoon* "

So NATURALLY, my irrational hopeful fanaticism has me CONVINCED she's writing Billy and Teddy.

Dream big right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hawkeye ended with a message saying Kate is back in August. So yeah, we're about to get an announcement about that - a Kelly Thompson Young Avengers would not be a surprise.
    I have absolutely convinced myself the Kelly Thompson book coming out in August is Young Avengers. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up like that, but I can't help it. Either way, we should find out this month, with the August solicitations or an earlier announcement.

There are actually a bunch of minis in-between Vol. 1 and The Children's Crusade. It was basically fill-in stuff Marvel published while Heinberg didn't come back to finish his run, so you don't need to ABSOLUTELY read it to understand TCC, but it's a good read if you're invested in the characters and want to know more about them. Here's the chronological order:

(2006) Young Avengers/Runaways: Civil War
    (2008) Young Avengers Presents
    (2008) Young Avengers/Runaways: Secret Invasion
    (2009) Young Avengers: Dark Reign
    (2010) Young Avengers: Siege #1

After that, it's just TCC and Gillen's run as far as YA's publication history goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I have absolutely convinced myself the Kelly Thompson book coming out in August is Young Avengers. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up like that, but I can't help it. Either way, we should find out this month, with the August solicitations or an earlier announcement.
    Is there actually any evidence of that or are you just dreaming big? lol

Extraordinary Member

There are actually a bunch of minis in-between Vol. 1 and The Children's Crusade. It was basically fill-in stuff Marvel published while Heinberg didn't come back to finish his run, so you don't need to ABSOLUTELY read it to understand TCC, but it's a good read if you're invested in the characters and want to know more about them. Here's the chronological order:

(2010) Young Avengers: Siege #1

After that, it's just TCC and Gillen's run as far as YA's publication history goes.
    Well, we can dream.
    How long has each Young Avenger been gone from comics again? Starting from Eli, Tommy to Kate?
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-06-2018 at 01:46 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Do it, but you are in for a rough time
    In that case, definitely gonna check out some of the minis below first.

Honestly I think I'll be okay emotionally...but I'mma be real pissed if I find out some hack writer has broken up Billy and Teddy.

Really hoping you're right now.

(2010) Young Avengers: Siege #1.
    Probably just gonna check out the Runaways crossovers and Presents. I don't know what Dark Reign and Siege even were and I don't have much interest in learning.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, we can dream.
    How long has each Young Avenger been gone from comics again? Starting from Eli, Tommy to Kate?
    Eli has been gone the longest. Since roughly 2012 I think. Tommy was last in the new YA briefly, and Kate has bern only gone recent. Cassie was gone until recently 2 years ago from 2012, Nate was gone since 2012 and surfaced in exiles, Jonas is not conning Back due to him being a younger form of vision and again 2012.

So longest has been Eli and Jonas over 6 years. Tommy since 2014 so that's 4 years, and caddies only bern gone like 2.

I feel like Eli is never coming back
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I feel like Eli is never coming back
    From what I understand, it's going to need a settlement on a court case.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    From what I understand, it's going to need a settlement on a court case.
    Huh?

10characters

Huh?

10characters
    There's apparently a rights issue involving the Bradley family from the person who created Eli's grandfather (Isaiah), which is why Eli's vanished off the face of the Earth in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel shies away from LGBT content because huge markets like China will outright reject films for openly featuring LGBT content.
    They can edit out the LGBT parts only for China like how Fox is doing with Deadpool 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's apparently a rights issue involving the Bradley family from the person who created Eli's grandfather (Isaiah), which is why Eli's vanished off the face of the Earth in the comics.
    Yeah - Eli actually gave permission off panel, via phone call (in Captain America Sam Wilson #24), for Rayshaun Lucas to take over the Patriot identity. And they didn't name him. It was basically just "isn't there already a Patriot?" "Yeah, he's retired and I've got permission to use the name".

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Eli has been gone the longest. Since roughly 2012 I think. Tommy was last in the new YA briefly, and Kate has bern only gone recent. Cassie was gone until recently 2 years ago from 2012, Nate was gone since 2012 and surfaced in exiles, Jonas is not conning Back due to him being a younger form of vision and again 2012.

So longest has been Eli and Jonas over 6 years. Tommy since 2014 so that's 4 years, and caddies only bern gone like 2.
    Cassie last appeared in Secret Empire. Her last leading role was in Astonishing Ant-Man.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-07-2018 at 03:38 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Is there actually any evidence of that or are you just dreaming big? lol
    Just speculation based on the fact that we're getting a book with Kate that's not a solo. Could be anything, of course, but aside from a duo Hawkeye book with Clint, the only other franchise she's been strongly associated with is YA. Plus, I remember Kelly liking someone's tweet suggesting that's what she was writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    They can edit out the LGBT parts only for China like how Fox is doing with Deadpool 2.
    They can, but they didn't do that for the cut scenes confirming Valkyrie's and Ayo's sexuality (they weren't even released along with extra material for the films), did they? Which makes you wonder just how much Marvel Studios is committed to LGBTQ representation at all.

I've never seen Champions existing as an obstacle to Young Avengers returning either. For one thing, the two teams don't have any shared members, and also, DC currently has two Titans books. Wouldn't surprise me if they called it New Avengers instead though. The name is available since there's only one Avengers book currently, and Hulkling and Wiccan technically own the brand thanks to the ending of Ewing's run on the title.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman