View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Alums:
    Billy
    Teddy
    Kate
    Eli
    Tommy

Newbies:
    Finesse
    Singularity
    OMG I friggin loooooooooooooove Finesse <insert pained face here, followed by collapse into puddle of death>

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    OMG I friggin loooooooooooooove Finesse <insert pained face here, followed by collapse into puddle of death>
    Yet another reason to <3 you.

I reaaaally wanted to put one of the teen X-ladies on there, but I couldn't really think of any whose power-sets could keep up with the YA alums or weren't redundant (you really don't need Surge and Pixe on a team with Tommy and Billy, for example). But Finesse is a super-smart hand-to-hand piece, and Singularity is just darling. I also kind of want David back on the roster because I lowkey ship him with Tommy and would die for the next YA triangle to be Kate/Tommy/David, but we were limited to five returning characters, alas.

omg I WANTED to add Finesse because DUH but then I got all up in my head about having TWO raven haired hand to hand white chicks in cat suits.

I Gillen'ed myself.

Like, that's kind of why he didn't include Tommy AND Noh Varr in his run, right? Because TWO platinum boys clad in green is too confusing for people?

Ugh.
    My life.

#BringBackFinesse

BANNED

Sigh I have to add Avengers Academy to my reading list, don't I?

I really like the idea of the Young Avengers as a team reflecting the specific age and growth of the original members. So if the original team represented teens and the second incarnation your early twenties then my incarnation would be your mid-twenties.

Alums:
    Prodigy
    Speed
    Hawkeye

Newbies:
    Enchantress (Sylvie Lushton)
    Goliath (Tom Foster)
    Ultra Girl
    Arana
    "I just came out to have a good time and I'm feeling very attacked right now"

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Sigh I have to add Avengers Academy to my reading list, don't I?
    Well, you don't HAVE to, but it might be fun?

Well that's a bust. Kate's new book written by Kelly is West Coast Avengers, with both Hawkeyes, Quentin Quire, America Chavez, and Gwenpool.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well that's a bust. Kate's new book written by Kelly is West Coast Avengers, with both Hawkeyes, Quentin Quire, America Chavez, and Gwenpool.
    Welp...that's super lame. I'm sure it'll be well written, but zero interest in that.

Welp...that's super lame. I'm sure it'll be well written, but zero interest in that.
    I actually don't mind Gwenpool and like the idea of Kate and MAC on a team again, but I loathe everything about QQ. Pass.

I actually don't mind Gwenpool and like the idea of Kate and MAC on a team again, but I loathe everything about QQ. Pass.
    Rest assured, I'll keep you looped on the hap'ninz betwixt Kate and MAC

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Rest assured, I'll keep you looped on the hap'ninz betwixt Kate and MAC
    You live in hope, don't you? XD

You live in hope, don't you? XD
    Whoops! Naw. I realize now that my wording reads a lot more shippy than intended.
    I meant more "Hey, I'll keep you in the loop on what Kate does. And what America does. Because Kate and America are great characters to read about. As friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think that's accurate. I have found some animosity towards her within specific online sections of the fandom (and it's not only Cassie, honestly, 'cause I've seen the same for Eli), but I think overall reaction to her is not that bad at all. Back when she debuted in the MCU, there were soooo many people already talking about her as Stature and how they would like to see that. Just recently when they announced the rumor of an older actress possibly playing her in Avengers 4, I also saw many similar excited reactions of people wanting her to evolve into her YA persona, which IMO, is a reflection of how YA got her a lot more fans than Ant-Man ever did. I think she just never became a fan favorite as much as Kate, Billy or Teddy... but I'd say most YA fandom likes her just fine.
    Sometimes it feels like people only care about older Cassie in the MCU as a vehicle to introduce the YA and the more popular characters like Kate, Wiccan and Hulkling. Not on her own merit.

My problem with Cassie is that while her backstory is definitely sympathetic, I found her personality pretty generic, occasionally unlikable and her WTF romances with Nate and Jonas were just about the only plot line she had.
    That's another problem with Cassie. Between her dad, Iron Lad and Jonas, all of her storylines and motivations revolved around the men in her life.

I didn't really mind that she was kinda genericly nice, there's nothing wrong with that in a character. There's an argument to be made that Billy and Teddy are similar in that regard, they're nice guys.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Not especially pleased with the Hawkeye line up.

Gwenpool is a character I just dont click with, and Quire is one I just dont want to click with.

Ah well, if it goes long enough, maybe some more of our gang will show up....live in hope!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Not especially pleased with the Hawkeye line up.

Gwenpool is a character I just dont click with, and Quire is one I just dont want to click with.

Ah well, if it goes long enough, maybe some more of our gang will show up....live in hope!
    I do find it neat to have Kate as the connective tissue between Clint and America, but Gwenpool and Quentin make this a no-go for me as well.