View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    America's romantic future lies with a newly liberated Xavin!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    We do need some LGBT+ women of color in comics. It's like each one of those "minority qualifiers" (not being straight, not being a man, and not being white) is a hoop they've got to jump through, and each hoop makes it less likely they'll make it into the public's eye. (Which is dumb, b/c obviously LGBT+ women of color EXIST.)
    Karma! Vietnamese lesbian. And awesome. And totally overlooked all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Karma! Vietnamese lesbian. And awesome. And totally overlooked all the time.
    Karma needs to join Storm's X-men team, ASAP!

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    (Wow, that girl is really young. Young Avengers will be quite a ways off at this rate.)
    Well, Billy's mommy and daddy are only just meeting in The Avengers 2

(STUNNING fan art on tumblr by pixiepunch)

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Well, Billy's mommy and daddy are only just meeting in The Avengers 2
    The fact we don't have a YA cartoon right now is a crime, a crime against the world!!!

Aaaiiieeee! That's so great! I love the limited color pallet! Very mystical!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Karma needs to join Storm's X-men team, ASAP!
    Because if there's one thing that team needs, it's another telepath.

I'd be more likely to make her a main character in Wolverine and the X-Men. Despite how utterly mediocre and uninteresting that book is right now, it's still the best and most logical place for Karma.

It'd be kinda nice of an Avenger team to offer her membership/housing/paycheck.
    Its not like the Avengers are swelling over with telepathic talents, right?

Maybe she could be a telepath-for-hire, and guest spot into various titles. It'd be kinda cool if Shan took on a little more edgey route like that -- kinda like how she helped interrogate dudes for Cyclops back in the Fraction days.
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-22-2014 at 12:17 PM.

It'd be kinda nice of an Avenger team to offer her membership/housing/paycheck.
    Its not like the Avengers are swelling over with telepathic talents, right?

Maybe she could be a telepath-for-hire, and guest spot into various titles. It'd be kinda cool if Shan took on a little more edgey route like that -- kinda like how she helped interrogate dudes for Cyclops back in the Fraction days.
    I'm not sure I like that idea. If the Avengers want a telepath who doesn't mind invading people's privacy, they can always get Moondragon. I feel like Xi'an should probably be a bit more reluctant to do that sort of thing.

I wouldn't have anything against her joining the Avengers. I just don't think edgy really works for her.

Xian can read minds now? Ugh... Marvel has a bad habit to give psychics the same set of abilities.
    In a few year, she'll be a telekinesist too.

A team for Karma? X-Force, maybe? I know, she has zero reason to work with them, but I feel that Spurrier could use her power in an awesome way.
    Or she could be support character in Nightcrawler.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

America's romantic future lies with a newly liberated Xavin!
    No ones future is there. Horrid faux LGBT character.

There was no gender confusion or identity crisis, it was just a shape shifter doing what they do.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Xian can read minds now? Ugh... Marvel has a bad habit to give psychics the same set of abilities.
    In a few year, she'll be a telekinesist too.

A team for Karma? X-Force, maybe? I know, she has zero reason to work with them, but I feel that Spurrier could use her power in an awesome way.
    Or she could be support character in Nightcrawler.
    I think she's developed the ability to read the minds of the people she inhabits. She's not a standard telepath, but it's a natural progression of her power.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    No ones future is there. Horrid faux LGBT character.

There was no gender confusion or identity crisis, it was just a shape shifter doing what they do.

Xavin's gender identity was indirectly called into question by Karolina's sexual orientation. In flashbacks we only ever see Xavin expressing himself as a man. It's not until he meets Karolina that he TRIES being a woman. And that's when the confusion starts. Karolina pressures Xavin to be a woman all the time. Xavin becomes more comfortable with a female identity, but sometimes prefers to be a man. Now she's predominantly a woman, but there ARE times when she wants to be male, and this bothered Karolina and it confused Xavin. She HAD angst. She WAS undergoing an identity crisis.

It just so happened that other things kinda took precedence in her life over figuring out her own identity. Last we saw of her, she was in a situation that forced her-- for Karolina's safety-- to remain a woman all the time.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post

Xavin's gender identity was indirectly called into question by Karolina's sexual orientation. In flashbacks we only ever see Xavin expressing himself as a man. It's not until he meets Karolina that he TRIES being a woman. And that's when the confusion starts. Karolina pressures Xavin to be a woman all the time. Xavin becomes more comfortable with a female identity, but sometimes prefers to be a man. Now she's predominantly a woman, but there ARE times when she wants to be male, and this bothered Karolina and it confused Xavin. She HAD angst. She WAS undergoing an identity crisis.

It just so happened that other things kinda took precedence in her life over figuring out her own identity. Last we saw of her, she was in a situation that forced her-- for Karolina's safety-- to remain a woman all the time.
    She I disagree. For me, the way I read it, you had a straight male character being forced to be a female to get some from a girl he couldn't normally have. He had the ability to pull the lesbian and so took it, but didn't actually want to. He loved Karolina eventually as well, so was willing not only to do it all the time but to then sacrifice his 'man hood' by literally having to be a woman all the time like she wanted - and the woman he had to be was her, a direct reflection on how she essentially bullied him in to being a woman all the time for her.

It was an interesting story cut short, but it was more about her sexuality than his and the only gender issue comes from what he was doing for her, rather than what he wanted for himself.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

1. Who is your favorite Young Avengers?
    Patriot

2. Who is your favorite writer for Young Avengers?
    Allen Heinberg

3. Who is your favorite artist for Young Avengers?
    Jim Cheung

4. Who is your favorite ally to the Young Avengers?
    n/a

5. Who is your favorite villain the Young Avengers (or just one of them) have faced?
    Kang

6. Who are you favorite Young Avengers romance?
    Wiccan and Hulkling

7. What has been your favorite battle/fight for a Young Avenger?
    Kree-Skrull war

8. What is your favorite scene out of the Young Avengers stories?
    Magneto meeting Wiccan and Speed for the first time.

9. After Original Sin, who do you want the next arc to give focus too?
    Patriot or Miss America

10. Who would you add to the current Young Avengers roster?
    Patriot or Speed
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.