View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1377
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno. I don't see Spidey on a Young Avengers team, if only because he's been associated with the adult team by this point, and will probably be in his early to mid-20's by the time they get to YA film, which is meant to be a teen hero group.

And for the sake of the other members I think it's probably best not to put Spider-Man on the group.
    Yeah, being an Avenger first and then a Young Avenger seems like a weird transition for Peter in the MCU. And totally agreed that the team could benefit from not having to share a franchise with an A-list character. There would be way too much attention directed at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I still don't see them bypassing any of Clint Barton's kids to create Kate Bishop. if they need a young avenger archer, it will probably be one of them.
    Well, if recent rumors are anything to go by, they'd have no problems at all bypassing Barton's kids in favor of Kate, and I'm thankful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Sorry for getting a bit off topic. To feebly bring it slightly back on, at least Kate is good in the game, right?

...let's not talk about poor Hulkling's state.
    Kate is good, but she'll need an uniform to be better at some point. Same for Wiccan. I'm specially pissed at the lack of upgrades for him, considering how powerful he is in the comics. The game definitely doesn't do him justice. He should be in the same level of the Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange, IMO.

And Hulkling, yeah, it's a shame how useless he is in the game. The game community often mocks him for how bad he is. He is definitely someone who could use a uniform and an upgrade right now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, being an Avenger first and then a Young Avenger seems like a weird transition for Peter in the MCU. And totally agreed that the team could benefit from not having to share a franchise with an A-list character. There would be way too much attention directed at him.

Well, if recent rumors are anything to go by, they'd have no problems at all bypassing Barton's kids in favor of Kate, and I'm thankful for that.

Kate is good, but she'll need an uniform to be better at some point. Same for Wiccan. I'm specially pissed at the lack of upgrades for him, considering how powerful he is in the comics. The game definitely doesn't do him justice. He should be in the same level of the Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange, IMO.

And Hulkling, yeah, it's a shame how useless he is in the game. The game community often mocks him for how bad he is. He is definitely someone who could use a uniform and an upgrade right now.

Ha, though I don't play MFF anymore(got overly invested amd impatient, I should never play this kind of game), I remember use Kate to drive enemies in a corner in Shadowland. Her 5 sometimes scatters enemies and it drives me nuts sometimes. MFF will try every means to get players' money, so new comers will always be OP to some extent.

And I really don't see Lila Barton be a stand-in for Kate, and honestly where would they pull any actual material to build her character?
    Good OG MCU characters aren't usually stand-in for other characters, like Coulson.

Just random thought, it would be interesting if Kang get to be the next big bad of Avengers, and introduce Iron Lad in Young Avengers.
    And then connecting the dots for a crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I still don't see them bypassing any of Clint Barton's kids to create Kate Bishop. if they need a young avenger archer, it will probably be one of them.
    I do. It's not like Hawkeye or his family are very popular right now. There won't be many tears shed if they introduce Kate as a replacement and she proves to be awesome.

I could see them using Miss America Chavez if they couldn't get rights to use Eli Bradley. Plus her parents were the demiurge in another reality so you could use that connection for Wiccan if you dont want to use the whole soul of SW's kids thing. Speed could just be a regular inhuman/mutant who is a former juvenile delinquent.

I rather they end making Speed Hawkeye's son than having Hawkeye's daughter replace Kate. Having his kid grew up to be a delinquent that is revealed to be a mutant is a good way to use his status as a family man and play with the legacy character tropes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Hulkling is basically a meme at this point. Unless he gets the Winter Soldier treatment, I don't think even an uniform can help him.
    Totally agree on Wiccan, and I'll throw America in there as being super under powered too.

Hulkling is basically a meme at this point. Unless he gets the Winter Soldier treatment, I don't think even an uniform can help him.
    Totally agree on Wiccan, and I'll throw America in there as being super under powered too.
    I enjoy playing America, but yeah, she could stand to be a bit better. She's fun, but she's weak.

Of course, my focus is on characters I like, rather than characters who play well. My focus is on getting Ms. Marvel maxed out (she's ranked 22 right now), even though she is not a character who plays very well. I also use Laura Kinney a lot, because she's an awesome character who also plays well. I've got all the YAs at Tier-2, including Hulkling, though I only got him up fairly recently, and I never really play him. I'm currently focusing on Nadia, because I love her, then I'll do Ghost, because I love the movie costume's design.

It does suck that none of the YAs have alternate uniforms. Though it's not like they have a wide range of looks in the comics. (Loki's YA look isn't in the game, so he doesn't count.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I enjoy playing America, but yeah, she could stand to be a bit better. She's fun, but she's weak.

Of course, my focus is on characters I like, rather than characters who play well. My focus is on getting Ms. Marvel maxed out (she's ranked 22 right now), even though she is not a character who plays very well. I also use Laura Kinney a lot, because she's an awesome character who also plays well. I've got all the YAs at Tier-2, including Hulkling, though I only got him up fairly recently, and I never really play him. I'm currently focusing on Nadia, because I love her, then I'll do Ghost, because I love the movie costume's design.

It does suck that none of the YAs have alternate uniforms. Though it's not like they have a wide range of looks in the comics. (Loki's YA look isn't in the game, so he doesn't count.)
    Ghost seems fun. I'll probably get her at some point. I typically use the better characters, but maybe that's because most of my favorites are bottom-tier in the game. Does Wiccan get good at T2?

Ghost seems fun. I'll probably get her at some point. I typically use the better characters, but maybe that's because most of my favorites are bottom-tier in the game. Does Wiccan get good at T2?
    Not really, no. It sucks, but all the coolest characters are pretty weak in the game. All the characters I don't give a damn about are the powerhouses. Captain America, Sharon Rogers, Spider-Man, Thanos, frigging Quicksilver, Bucky now. I honestly find the Timeline Battle to be dull, because it's the same characters, over and over and over, all the time. I'd love it if you could have a high-ranked Ms. Marvel vs. a high-ranked Wiccan, but nope, it's another team of Sharon Rogers, Spider-Man and Quicksilver. How exciting. Oh look, AoA Wolverine, I haven't seen him in a whole two battles so clearly he was due. So lame.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    And I really don't see Lila Barton be a stand-in for Kate, and honestly where would they pull any actual material to build her character?
    what material did they pull to build up 'Ava Starr' into the Ghost? it might sound weird. but would it be weirder than Janet and Hank suddenly having a daughter whose only other appearance was the MC2 universe (where she was the archenemy of Cassie Lang)?
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 07-10-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Just random thought, it would be interesting if Kang get to be the next big bad of Avengers, and introduce Iron Lad in Young Avengers.
    And then connecting the dots for a crossover.
    Yeah, I think a YA production is the perfect way to introduce Kang in the MCU. I mean, his origin story is told right there. Nathaniel Richards should be a fun character to play with as a big villain, 'cause unlike Thanos, he has multiple different identities, so you could flesh him out throughout many films without making the audiences grow tired of seeing the ''same character'' over and over again. Have him debut as Iron Lad, then we get Rama-Tut, then Scarlet Centurion, then Immortus, etc., and everything will be building up to the eventual ''finale'' with Kang. That could be cool way to use him.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I could see them using Miss America Chavez if they couldn't get rights to use Eli Bradley. Plus her parents were the demiurge in another reality so you could use that connection for Wiccan if you dont want to use the whole soul of SW's kids thing. Speed could just be a regular inhuman/mutant who is a former juvenile delinquent.

I rather they end making Speed Hawkeye's son than having Hawkeye's daughter replace Kate. Having his kid grew up to be a delinquent that is revealed to be a mutant is a good way to use his status as a family man and play with the legacy character tropes.
    I agree that America could be a stand-in for Eli in the MCU (not as Patriot, obviously, but as her own star-spangled-themed character), but I don't think her origin could really be used to explain Wiccan's origins. The whole Demiurge story explains who he'll become in the future, but not necessarily how he got his powers. If you're gonna establish that Billy is destined to become a being of great power, then you have to establish where that power comes from in the first place. I'm kind of anxious about how Billy might be adapted, because I really want him to be an actual mage, but seeing how they've been portraying Wanda so far, I'm afraid he might not be.

As for Speed, I'm not a fan of the idea if changing who he is so radically. I like the fact that he is a twin of Billy with his origins connected to him. Even if they change their origins, I want their connection to each other to remain somehow. I see Speed as the chance MCU gets to do Quicksilver right this time around, so hopefully I won't be disappointed in how they use him.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-10-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Cassie in the Wasp suit with a paint job ala Stinger would be divine.

Mysterious set of twins -- one with ooky wavy hand powers and one with swoopy runs 'cross land powers -- audiences can easily put those pieces together I imagine.

One gorgeous green beefcake -- is he a Hulk is he a Skrull (thank you Captain Marvel) -- what's this deal?

One raven haired archer

One tight lipped star spangled Latina who is as nunayobidness as Rosa Diaz.

All lead by an emotionless(?) albino Vision.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Cassie in the Wasp suit with a paint job ala Stinger would be divine.

Mysterious set of twins -- one with ooky wavy hand powers and one with swoopy runs 'cross land powers -- audiences can easily put those pieces together I imagine.

One gorgeous green beefcake -- is he a Hulk is he a Skrull (thank you Captain Marvel) -- what's this deal?

One raven haired archer

One tight lipped star spangled Latina who is as nunayobidness as Rosa Diaz.

All lead by an emotionless(?) albino Vision.
    I'm down for all this bar the Vision. I dont think if we get YA the whole timey whimey Kid Kang stuff will appear at all. As such Jonas-Vision wont be needed.

Kid Loki is the obvious choice - with Asgard gone if they want to use those characters again they are going to have to do the JMS return story at some point. We might get female Loki, but Kid Loki (who could be aged up to hot Agent of Asgard Loki) is easily marketable and Tumblr-ific - there is also some symmetry there with the original Avengers
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I do think Marvel would want Kid Kang for a YA film if they can get him. Kang's rights are tied to the FF rights.

I could easily see a YA film with Kang as the villain. Iron Lad trying to defy him and assembling a team to stand against him. Themes about fighting your fate, choosing your own destiny, that kinda thing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Not really, no. It sucks, but all the coolest characters are pretty weak in the game. All the characters I don't give a damn about are the powerhouses. Captain America, Sharon Rogers, Spider-Man, Thanos, frigging Quicksilver, Bucky now. I honestly find the Timeline Battle to be dull, because it's the same characters, over and over and over, all the time. I'd love it if you could have a high-ranked Ms. Marvel vs. a high-ranked Wiccan, but nope, it's another team of Sharon Rogers, Spider-Man and Quicksilver. How exciting. Oh look, AoA Wolverine, I haven't seen him in a whole two battles so clearly he was due. So lame.
    Yeah Timeline sucks, I just set it on automatic clear so I get the rewards. Plus I stay in a low division and win more. The high divisions are pay to win land.
    Totally agree on the character balance. The weird thing is that they have no problem making a non-character like Sharon Rogers meta, or other characters who are C list but have been around a long time like Quicksilver and Bucky can be great, but the Ironhearts and Ms. Marvels and Squirrel Girls and YA's all are bottom tier. You would think they have a younger, obviously plugged in player base, so it would make sense to appeal to fans of characters who do well digitally, but even mobile games are somehow dominated by direct market thinking.

I would love to have a team of Wiccan, Hulkling and Kate just dominate, but that's just not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'm down for all this bar the Vision. I dont think if we get YA the whole timey whimey Kid Kang stuff will appear at all. As such Jonas-Vision wont be needed.
    Oh I meant the Paul Bettany Vision, not the kid. Depending on where they take Vision's MCU character I mean.