View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1377
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe time for a new codename too. Hulkling makes him sound like a member of the Hulk family, but he's actually part of the Captain Marvel family.
    He should also gain some sort of energy projectile/blast since the rest of them also have it.

Is that something innate to the Kree? Didn't Mar-Vell originally use Nega Bands?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Its not innate to all Kree. Genis and Phyla are half Eternals. And Carol is in the middle of some origin retcon, but she's still at least half Human.

Teddy should get Nega Bands though. They could work in concert with his Starsword

Astonishing Member

Is that something innate to the Kree? Didn't Mar-Vell originally use Nega Bands?
    He did, but later gained the ability to do it on his own, his other kids could do it though they are clones as well, but I looked at the years and it seems to be he could do the energy shooting before being with the princess as such I could see his energy along with Skrull shape shifting giving Teddy a way to mimic it, which would allow him to become more of a Cosmic hero.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Once again supporting my point they need to break up. Poor Teddy is once again relegated to just being the unnamed one. Break them up, use them separately so they can grow as characters, bring them back together again in the future once they can coexist
    I think you're being unfair in this specific situation, because there is a particular reason why Billy was the one name-dropped: Viv was talking about magical heroes. If it was a general conversation and she just mentioned ''Wiccan and his boyfriend'', yeah, I would agree that would be annoying, but since the conversation was mainly about mystical heroes, Teddy wasn't the point there.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Teddy is the weak link. They need to make him better. I propose making him look less like skrull hulk. Even Amadeus ditched that look.
    Maybe time for a new codename too. Hulkling makes him sound like a member of the Hulk family, but he's actually part of the Captain Marvel family.
    I support Amadeus taking over the Hulkling name and Teddy moving on to something more cosmic-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    He should also gain some sort of energy projectile/blast since the rest of them also have it.
    It was innate to Genis and Phyla, although I don't think it was ever specified if it was because of their father or mother. Like Noek said, Mar-Vell got a power upgrade at some point and was able to absorb and shoot energy on his own, so it is possible that this was something he passed on to his children. Anyway, yes, I think Teddy should absolutely have energy based powers, as I feel like that would be a good way to highlight his Kree powerset more and balance it with his Skrull powerset.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Teddy should get Nega Bands though. They could work in concert with his Starsword
    Yeah, I would love for Teddy to use the Nega Bands and see the kind of stuff he could achieve with that AND the Excelsior! I could see that putting him on similar power levels to those of his siblings and making him the badass cosmic hero he deserves to be.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-28-2018 at 09:36 PM.

I know Teddy and Billy probably need new names im just not sure what I would call them. Especially Teddy...hmm maybe Captain Kree or is that too corny?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I know Teddy and Billy probably need new names im just not sure what I would call them. Especially Teddy...hmm maybe Captain Kree or is that too corny?
    Two suggestions for Billy I've seen thrown around in fandom that I like: Arcane or Warper. I also wouldn't mind if they went with a color + title name for him as a reference to the Scarlet Witch. It could be nice way to reiterate his status as her legacy.

As for Teddy, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Mr. Marvel is the name for him. It doesn't have the same baggage as similar titles (Marvel Boy has been taken by various people, Marvel Man is probably tied up in legal issues), it continues the ''Marvel family'' legacy and it serves as a parallel to the Ms. Marvel moniker.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-28-2018 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Two suggestions for Billy I've seen thrown around in fandom that I like: Arcane or Warper. I also wouldn't mind if they went with a color + title name for him as a reference to the Scarlet Witch. It could be nice way to reiterate his status as her legacy.

As for Teddy, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Mr. Marvel is the name for him. It doesn't have the same baggage as similar titles (Marvel Boy has been taken by various people, Marvel Man is probably tied up in legal issues), it continues the ''Marvel family'' legacy and it serves as a parallel to the Ms. Marvel moniker.
    I really like Warper and Mr. Marvel, I could get behind those.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Legacy.

It was Genis' original name, and Teddy can take it for the same reasons he did, but with an even more added point of being also the legacy of the true Skrull emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I'm sorry, but this whole break them up argument is so stupid. Nothing of the sort is necessary for either of them to 'grow as characters'.
    All we need is a writer who can properly write a couple both as a couple and as individuals. It really shouldn't be that dificult. People do it with other couples in comics all the time.
    And no one will buy it and it'll be cancelled in six issues.

That's the real point, the gay community within the comics community is a niche in a niche. The market just isnt there for the gay teen couple book, in the same way it isnt there for the gay solo book.

Split them up, grow them as characters, make them more than just the gay teen couple - which is what they have become - and then bring them back together when their hook is more than just that for the comic buying community as a whole.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 09-29-2018 at 03:23 AM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Marvel owns Marvelman nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    You don't read Moon Girl, do you?
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_Kree
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They own him as Miracleman, though. And from what I understand, his name was specifically changed to that precisely to avoid legal issues regarding the Marvelman title, so I can see Marvel not wanting to potentially open that can of worms again by giving the name to another character.

That name change happened under the previous owners. Marvel just kept the most recently used name. Marvel is who the legal issues would've been with!

You don't read Moon Girl, do you?
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_Kree
    Oh wow, didn't know he was already a character. I bought Moon Girl Vol. 1 a while ago but haven't read yet.

Captain Kree isn't in that, he debuted in issue 7, which would be the second trade.

Ultimate Member

Captain 'Marvel' was only called that because it was his name, Mar-Vell. For Dorrek, I'm not sure that would be an appropriate name. Kree-ing up his Skrull name, to something like Dor-Vell, might not be as conveniently translating into a word like 'Marvel,' but would at least fit the naming convention as established. Similarly, he'd likely not start out with a rank equivalent to Captain, but have some (probably honorary, given his heritage and half-blood status) lesser rank, like Ensign or Cadet or something.

I don't think there are any superheroes answering to 'Ensign,' so it would at least be a unique moniker for Teddy. IIRC, historically, Ensign was the rank of the standard-bearer, so it might go best with an outfit that includes the Kree or Skrull (or both!) insignias or flags, such as the green ringed planet on the original Captain Marvel outfit (that Teddy was seen wearing in an alternate future).

A more unique superhero name might call out his standing as a bridge between two cultures, generally seeing each other as foes. Something like Consul or Emissary, perhaps, which are slightly more 'hero-name-y' versions of ambassador. Other words like Concord or Armistice could similarly play on a potential role ending centuries of Kree/Skrull hostility. (Both races have suffered tremendous losses in recent decades, and could probably benefit from working together just to survive a hostile universe...)