View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1377
    Incredible Member

Something to do with the knights of the round table?

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    And no one will buy it and it'll be cancelled in six issues.

That's the real point, the gay community within the comics community is a niche in a niche. The market just isnt there for the gay teen couple book, in the same way it isnt there for the gay solo book.

Split them up, grow them as characters, make them more than just the gay teen couple - which is what they have become - and then bring them back together when their hook is more than just that for the comic buying community as a whole.
    Because there's been such a huge throng of people buying the Iceman comic?
    People who don't want to buy a book about a gay couple aren't going to buy a book about a single gay guy.
    #EmmaWasRight

If people weren't buying Iceman, why has it been brought back? That book was just more popular with digital readers and trade waiters than in the direct market (same goes for Unstoppable Wasp, and it's also why Moon Girl has avoided cancellation).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If people weren't buying Iceman, why has it been brought back? That book was just more popular with digital readers and trade waiters than in the direct market (same goes for Unstoppable Wasp, and it's also why Moon Girl has avoided cancellation).
    I'm not saying it isn't being bought. Obviously it is. BTW, maybe you haven't heard, but it's only been brought back as a mini.
    The point is that it isn't exactly the highest selling book out there. The diference in him being a single gay man headlining a book over a gay character in a couple isn't making his book more appealing to the vast majority of comicbook readers.

It's all hypothetical anyway. Legion_quest's assertion that a Wiccan & Hulkling book wouldn't sell has no basis, because Marvel hasn't given it a chance yet. I'm sure there are plenty of people who thought Squirel Girl wouldn't last more than 5-6 issues.
    Last edited by NexusTenebrare; 09-29-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I support Amadeus taking over the Hulkling name and Teddy moving on to something more cosmic-y.
    One of the things that Ewing established is that Teddy just really likes the Hulk thing, which is why he doubled down on it in that future where he became King Hulk.

If he's going to stick with the Hulk schtick he should just really embrace it and actually hang out with some Hulks. He could intern at She-Hulk's law firm, he could introduce Billy's psychologist parents to Leonard Samson, he could get into a friendly wrestling contest with Amadeus, he could hang out with Skaar and the Warbound in space. If the guy wasn't currently dead I'd say Teddy should definitely spend some time getting to know Rick Jones.

It was innate to Genis and Phyla, although I don't think it was ever specified if it was because of their father or mother. Like Noek said, Mar-Vell got a power upgrade at some point and was able to absorb and shoot energy on his own, so it is possible that this was something he passed on to his children. Anyway, yes, I think Teddy should absolutely have energy based powers, as I feel like that would be a good way to highlight his Kree powerset more and balance it with his Skrull powerset.

Yeah, I would love for Teddy to use the Nega Bands and see the kind of stuff he could achieve with that AND the Excelsior! I could see that putting him on similar power levels to those of his siblings and making him the badass cosmic hero he deserves to be.
    I don't know if I want Teddy to shoot generic energy blasts, maybe something like absorbing energy that he can then use to augment his physical abilities. Like Sebastian Shaw.

That way it would be an enhancement to his existing strength and shapeshifting powers, but with an energy signature or an aura. Plus that way he can still be usable outside of a cosmic setting, his strength level would adjust to the threat he's facing.

Excelsior has its own energy absorbing properties, so connecting it further to Teddy through Nega-Bands which are psionic in nature and usually draw energy from from the Negative Zone/Microverse could work. Plus I remember someone talking about how since Excelsior is made up of two different ancestral blades fused together, he could potentially split it apart and do some dual wielding. So that could make a cool visual alongside the Nega-Bands.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Because there's been such a huge throng of people buying the Iceman comic?
    People who don't want to buy a book about a gay couple aren't going to buy a book about a single gay guy.
    I don't know that legion_quest meant that they should get individual solo books. Splitting them up could also mean just putting them in separate team books.
    Billy could be in a magic based book, such as Doctor Strange, Midnight Sons, or something new like a college for magicians (I know DC just did Mystik U but ). Or he could even join the X-men if they ever make Wanda a mutant again.
    Teddy could go in a more cosmic direction, like the Guardians of the Galaxy. The Captain Marvel movie is focusing on both the Kree Starforce and the Skrull empire, so Teddy could have a great role in dealing with both as part of the Knights of the Infinite. Or as I mentioned above he could just hang out with some Hulks and Hulk-allies like the Warbound.

I don't necessarily want them to break up, but I do think having them in the same book and just having one just tag along on the other's adventures makes it hard to really enjoy them as individual characters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't know if I want Teddy to shoot generic energy blasts, maybe something like absorbing energy that he can then use to augment his physical abilities. Like Sebastian Shaw.

That way it would be an enhancement to his existing strength and shapeshifting powers, but with an energy signature or an aura. Plus that way he can still be usable outside of a cosmic setting, his strength level would adjust to the threat he's facing.
    I like that better than the idea of him throwing zaps. That feels more like Billy's thing, while he's more of a 'wades into the thick of it' sort of guy. Zapping him making him stronger fits Mar-Vell's energy absorbing schtick *and* is kind of 'Hulk-y,' in that you blast him and he just gets mad (and stronger!).

Excelsior has its own energy absorbing properties, so connecting it further to Teddy through Nega-Bands which are psionic in nature and usually draw energy from from the Negative Zone/Microverse could work. Plus I remember someone talking about how since Excelsior is made up of two different ancestral blades fused together, he could potentially split it apart and do some dual wielding. So that could make a cool visual alongside the Nega-Bands.
    Skipping the nega-bands entirely, having him learn to channel absorbed energy through the sword could be a cool visual, and make him sort of like Bishop, in that he doesn't normally have energy blasts, but if you throw lightning at him, he's going to throw it back (using the sword).

That said, I'm not a fan of the sword. The story that introduced it never went anywhere, so it's just kind of annoying to me. Plus I don't like the look of it, 'cause I am exactly that shallow. I want something cooler looking. Maybe a khopesh or falcata or something. Broadswords are boring, and that broadsword in particular has a super-boring hilt.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

One of the things that Ewing established is that Teddy just really likes the Hulk thing, which is why he doubled down on it in that future where he became King Hulk.

If he's going to stick with the Hulk schtick he should just really embrace it and actually hang out with some Hulks. He could intern at She-Hulk's law firm, he could introduce Billy's psychologist parents to Leonard Samson, he could get into a friendly wrestling contest with Amadeus, he could hang out with Skaar and the Warbound in space. If the guy wasn't currently dead I'd say Teddy should definitely spend some time getting to know Rick Jones.
    The thing about King Hulk in the future is that it was just an AU, which is not exactly an accurate prediction of any character's future. I mean, we currently have an AU in which Frank Castle became the Cosmic Ghost Rider, but that doesn't mean 616 Frank Castle is going to go mystic/cosmic any time soon. And let's not forget that there is at least one AU in which Teddy becomes Captain Marvel, so who knows what's in store for him in the future. As far as 616 Teddy goes, I get the feeling he's not written as being genuinely interested in either legacy, but whenever he gets the spotlight in a comic, it's either because of his relationship with Billy OR his cosmic origins, so I'd say more cosmic stories seem to be the natural next step for him. And honestly, him hanging out with the Hulk Family just doesn't sound that exciting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That said, I'm not a fan of the sword. The story that introduced it never went anywhere, so it's just kind of annoying to me.
    I agree it's annoying, but that's more on editorial and less on the story itself. It was a good story, but Marvel should've thought of a follow-up instead of just leaving it up in the air like that. Just one of the reasons why Teddy should go cosmic.

Plus I don't like the look of it, 'cause I am exactly that shallow. I want something cooler looking. Maybe a khopesh or falcata or something. Broadswords are boring, and that broadsword in particular has a super-boring hilt.
    That I can understand. I also thought the design for Excelsior was kind of lacking. Then again, it was some ancient sword that was just stuck somewhere for ages. Probably didn't age well. Next time we see it, we should get an arc about Teddy giving it a visual upgrade somehow.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-30-2018 at 12:27 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I don't know that legion_quest meant that they should get individual solo books. Splitting them up could also mean just putting them in separate team books.
    Billy could be in a magic based book, such as Doctor Strange, Midnight Sons, or something new like a college for magicians (I know DC just did Mystik U but ). Or he could even join the X-men if they ever make Wanda a mutant again.
    Teddy could go in a more cosmic direction, like the Guardians of the Galaxy. The Captain Marvel movie is focusing on both the Kree Starforce and the Skrull empire, so Teddy could have a great role in dealing with both as part of the Knights of the Infinite. Or as I mentioned above he could just hang out with some Hulks and Hulk-allies like the Warbound.

I don't necessarily want them to break up, but I do think having them in the same book and just having one just tag along on the other's adventures makes it hard to really enjoy them as individual characters.
    Pretty much exactly what I meant. If they can get bigger by being apart, they should.

Cos having them and yet never seeing them is pretty damn pointless
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Huh. Wonder who the creative team will be. Wonder who the team members will be.

I'm going to guess that Billy, Teddy, and Cassie will be on the team.

(Hard to picture YA without Billy and Teddy, and rumors about Cassie having a role in Infinity War's sequel lead me to guess at her inclusion.)

Kinda vague, not even necessarily a Young Avengers book. They could just appear somewhere in a guest role.

And it probably won't be until at least February or March since there is no full announcement from Marvel, no cover or creative team. We might have to wait until closer to when Avengers 4 comes out.

OH MY FUCKING GOD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLY!!!!!!!

Marvel better not do me dirty by putting a bunch of characters I don't care about on this. Billy, Teddy, Cassie and Tommy is the least I'm expecting.

Kinda vague, not even necessarily a Young Avengers book. They could just appear somewhere in a guest role.
    UGH, I hadn't even thought about that. Hopefully it's not the case. We should probably ask Cebulski and Brevoort (who's usually the Avengers editor) on social media about this, just to make it clear.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-06-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

By then I hope the rights to Eli can be solved. I'm gonna guess Kate will be seen as too old, so maybe the younger teens.

Tommy better be involved, and Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    By then I hope the rights to Eli can be solved.
    If they can use Eli, then he absolutely should be involved. I've been wondering if whatever happened to him might have played a part in the YA title being shelved, like, maybe they were trying to figure out a way to use him before they could relaunch a true ongoing (Gillen's run was planned as a maxi-series from the beginning, according to him).

Anyway, in the case of Eli coming back, how exactly would you guys prefer him to be portrayed? I'm not sure I want him to be Patriot again, as a new character just took that name and is currently being promoted with it in other medias. Maybe it's better to avoid the confusion. Maybe he could go full anti-nationalist and take over Nomad. I think it could be an interesting direction for him.

Eli is a must. He was the conscience of the team.

With Kate and America busy on the West Coast, this is a good opportunity to add a lot more female characters to the team. It's kinda crazy that they've never had more than 2 on the team at a time.