View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1377

-Eli
    -Kate
    -America
    -Billy
    -David
    -Teddy
    -Tommy
    -Cassie
    -Anya

If David's caught up in Age of X-Man, then put Hazmat or Sun Girl. The only negative with the former is that would probably be too many leader-types.

Kate and America are definitely OUT, because of West Coast Avengers.

I would imagine that co-ordination would be needed from Marvel editorial, to make sure Jim Zub isn't wanting the same people for Champions (obviously, nobody from there will be becoming YAs, and he's got potential new members in mind). Bear that in mind when considering possible rosters.

Roster I think could be used:

Wiccan
    Hulkling
    Speed
    Stinger
    Spider-Girl (safe bet she'll never be a Champion, considering Miles is on that team, and her current team the Web Warriors are probably done after Spider-Geddon, their book having been cancelled some time ago)
    Squirrel Girl (has worked with Wiccan and Hulkling before)

And a couple more new recruits.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I want Eli but I know he's trapped in a never ending legal battle so i'll take Billy & Teddy leading a new team mixed with old and new characters. I'd include Tommy, Cassie, Hazmat, Prodigy, Reptil and 1 new character.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I would imagine that co-ordination would be needed from Marvel editorial, to make sure Jim Zub isn't wanting the same people for Champions (obviously, nobody from there will be becoming YAs, and he's got potential new members in mind). Bear that in mind when considering possible rosters.

Roster I think could be used:

Wiccan
    Hulkling
    Speed
    Stinger
    Spider-Girl (safe bet she'll never be a Champion, considering Miles is on that team, and her current team the Web Warriors are probably done after Spider-Geddon, their book having been cancelled some time ago)
    Squirrel Girl (has worked with Wiccan and Hulkling before)

And a couple more new recruits.
    Hmm, I like the idea Squrriel Girl being on the roster. Good choice
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I want Eli but I know he's trapped in a never ending legal battle so i'll take Billy & Teddy leading a new team mixed with old and new characters. I'd include Tommy, Cassie, Prodigy, Reptil and 1 new character.
    The moment Rayshuan appeared in Marvel Rising cartoon-the NAIL in coffin of Eli Bradley was complete.

They have no reason to bring him back now as much as ALL of us want him back.

Hazmat,
    YOu had me at Hazmat.

Ultimate Member

If people weren't buying Iceman, why has it been brought back? That book was just more popular with digital readers and trade waiters than in the direct market (same goes for Unstoppable Wasp, and it's also why Moon Girl has avoided cancellation).
    Because you can.

And yes I saw the jerk who posted a bunch of unsold Iceman books-RIGHT NEXT to a larger pile of Peter Parker books.
    I would suspect that was to add another trade on the shelf versus another comic book and let the writer finish out his story.

The market just isnt there for the gay teen couple book, in the same way it isnt there for the gay solo book.
    The market is there.

I just don't think it works well for a book under the Marvel or DC banner. If you took it to say Image or IDW-different story. You would not see 50K but you may see 10K in orders and good trade sales.

As the writers or Motor Crush & Goldie Vance will tell you. Both star lesbians of color and while one has a movie deal (Vance)-the other is going straight trade due to time constraints.

I'll believe it when I see the solicit, haha. The "hinted as a response to a fan question" stuff just reminds me of the mythical Coates/Jen Bartel Storm solo.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Bleeding Cool looks like the only place that's announcing the book is coming back. Going by the context the panel was just stating that they might be showing up in 2019.

Ultimate Member

Sun Girl's an interesting out-of-the-box choice. Spider-Girl/Anya, as well. (Particularly if Kate and / or America are unavailable.)

If someone from Avengers Academy were to join a Young Avengers team, I'd rather Reptil or Finesse or Striker to Hazmat. (Although Striker on a team with Wiccan and Hulkling is asking for drama.)

Not so much a fan of Squirrel Girl, and would not want to see the rest of the YA as her straight men, relegated to reacting to her whacky antics. (Ditto Gwenpool, who is pretty much the latest iteration of this niche of character, Marvel's answer to Harley Quinn, 'the whacky girl that nobody has the sense to tell to go away').

I'm not much of a fan of Speed (although I don't *dislike* him, either), but I *really* would like to see him back on a team with Wiccan, to explore their kinda/sorta sibling relationship. It might even add some texture to Billy and Teddy's relationship, to see Billy having another relationship to juggle (suddenly.... sibling!), and Teddy, whose family is gone, and has only Billy, having to get used to the idea of sharing Billy's time and attention with someone else. So, while there might be a dozen teen heroes I'd rather see before Tommy, he's just kind of important and 'built into' the team, and would make more sense (and be more meaningful) in a Young Avengers re-appearance than someone like Reptil or Butterball/Boulder or Alex Power or Hellion or Haechi.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Bleeding Cool looks like the only place that's announcing the book is coming back. Going by the context the panel was just stating that they might be showing up in 2019.
    And it turns out Champions is getting a new #1 and expanding into a legion! Could he have meant some YA team members are joining them?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It feels like we haven't seen Billy or Teddy in forever, so it would be nice to see them come back in something.

Really Kate is the only Young Avenger you can reasonably expect to have consistent appearances at this point .

Although if they ever actually relaunch Young Avengers I'd expect they'd throw in Rayshaun instead of Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Sun Girl's an interesting out-of-the-box choice. Spider-Girl/Anya, as well. (Particularly if Kate and / or America are unavailable.)

If someone from Avengers Academy were to join a Young Avengers team, I'd rather Reptil or Finesse or Striker to Hazmat. (Although Striker on a team with Wiccan and Hulkling is asking for drama.)

Not so much a fan of Squirrel Girl, and would not want to see the rest of the YA as her straight men, relegated to reacting to her whacky antics. (Ditto Gwenpool, who is pretty much the latest iteration of this niche of character, Marvel's answer to Harley Quinn, 'the whacky girl that nobody has the sense to tell to go away').

I'm not much of a fan of Speed (although I don't *dislike* him, either), but I *really* would like to see him back on a team with Wiccan, to explore their kinda/sorta sibling relationship. It might even add some texture to Billy and Teddy's relationship, to see Billy having another relationship to juggle (suddenly.... sibling!), and Teddy, whose family is gone, and has only Billy, having to get used to the idea of sharing Billy's time and attention with someone else. So, while there might be a dozen teen heroes I'd rather see before Tommy, he's just kind of important and 'built into' the team, and would make more sense (and be more meaningful) in a Young Avengers re-appearance than someone like Reptil or Butterball/Boulder or Alex Power or Hellion or Haechi.
    Finesse! I love her, I'd really like to see how she'd interact with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels like we haven't seen Billy or Teddy in forever, so it would be nice to see them come back in something.

Really Kate is the only Young Avenger you can reasonably expect to have consistent appearances at this point .

Although if they ever actually relaunch Young Avengers I'd expect they'd throw in Rayshaun instead of Eli.
    That's definitely not happening. Rayshaun is officially joining the Champions.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

BleedingCool updated their article and added that Cebulski answered the Young Avengers question to a fan who was cosplaying as Wiccan, and he said that she would be very happy. I'm taking this as a near confirmation that Billy will be involved. And if Billy is involved, odds are at least Teddy and Tommy are tagging along too.

MY LIFE IS WHOLE AGAIN.

Not necessarily. Gillen's Young Avengers was published at the same time as Fraction's Hawkeye, and Kate was in two completely different places at that time. When questioned about it, Gillen just said we'd have to imagine the books were taking place at different times. So while I don't think it's NECESSARY for Kate and America to be with the YA right now, I wouldn't say it's impossible in case the writer really wants that.

Case in point: they also announced at NYCC that there is a Gwenpool project in the works, so clearly being a part of the WCA isn't stopping its members from appearing somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The moment Rayshuan appeared in Marvel Rising cartoon-the NAIL in coffin of Eli Bradley was complete.

They have no reason to bring him back now as much as ALL of us want him back.
    I wouldn't go that far. Eli is more than just the name Patriot. As a matter of fact, at one point in his career he questioned if he should use that name at all, so there's already some established doubt there to justify him rebranding himself in the future. As a part of a very important story for the african-american community, I think that is more than enough reason for Marvel to bring him back. There's still some stories to tell with him and his family, even if he's not going by Patriot again.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Well, that might be because it wasn't really a planned announcement at all. They obviously didn't have anything to display and Cebulski only brought it up because a fan asked. It's likely whatever this is is still on the early stages of development, so we're not getting any solid info for a while.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-06-2018 at 10:27 PM.