View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1377
    Extraordinary Member

Heinberg clearly wanted the Iron Lad/Vision/Cassie triangle to parallel the famous Vision/Wonder Man/Scarlet Witch triangle, where you have two men, one of them an android with his brain patterns based on the other man, in love with the same woman.

But his story also required that Iron Lad would leave at the end of the first six issues, so he had to rush that.

Probably the writers in between Young Avengers and Children's Crusade should have done more to flesh out her feelings for Nate, because in Children's Crusade it seemed to be kind of out of the blue that she still had feelings for Nate.

Incredible Member

My pitch for a new Young Avengers series involves Nate manipulating the time stream so the team would come back together, even Jonas would be rebuilt by him as the teams AI as his own attempt to make amends and the team would not figure out how this all happened until much later. Heck I think the reason Jonas hasn't returned is because Nate SHOULD and needs to be the only person to bring him back as a way of recognizing the error of his ways.

I'd conclude the arc by having do a mission with someone else who could become evil eventually as well but has a different philosophy like Thane. Ultimately someone dies Nate decides he needs to withdraw himself by taking on the Kid Immortus identity.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 10-24-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So, Katherine Langford has a role in the upcoming Avengers 4 movie and Jeremy Conrad, this guy who often has inside info on movies, retweeted this:

https://twitter.com/Mitch692/status/1055934442525675521

And he also seemingly confirmed the rumors about an older Cassie being in the movie are true, as he said someone else is playing her:

https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/1055934592580968449

I mean, come on, if all of this turns out to be correct, I really, REALLY think they are setting up the Young Avengers in the MCU. I mean, why else would Kate and Cassie be in this movie together? I'm freaking out here!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Heinberg clearly wanted the Iron Lad/Vision/Cassie triangle to parallel the famous Vision/Wonder Man/Scarlet Witch triangle, where you have two men, one of them an android with his brain patterns based on the other man, in love with the same woman.
    I had never stopped to think about it this way, but I guess it makes sense.

Probably the writers in between Young Avengers and Children's Crusade should have done more to flesh out her feelings for Nate, because in Children's Crusade it seemed to be kind of out of the blue that she still had feelings for Nate.
    Maybe her feelings for Jonas got mixed up with her feelings for Nate? I mean, think about it, not only Jonas was wired to be like Nate, he also had a human form that resembled Nate's appearence. It's possible it was like a full circle situation: she started to have feelings for Jonas because of Nate, and then she felt something for Nate again because of Jonas.

Incredible Member

Here's something random I thought of if Vision's Avengers contingent involved heroes with family relations to other members Nadia must have been in that plan as well right?

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Here's something random I thought of if Vision's Avengers contingent involved heroes with family relations to other members Nadia must have been in that plan as well right?
    Nadia's relation to Pym wasn't a common knowledge, though. She spent most of her life locked up in the Red Room, so it's possible Vision didn't know about it. Then again, when you think about it, Billy, Teddy and Tommy were on the Avengers Fail Safe Program when no one else even had a clue they were related to Wanda and Mar-Vell. Which brings up the question: how did Vision know about them? And if he knew, why did he never tell anyone, specially considering two of them were the reincarnation of his own sons? Obviously, it's probably the kind of thing Heinberg didn't think through when he was writing the story, but you can't help but wonder and feel like it was shady of him to hide something like that from the Avengers.

Fiction is full of people who fall in love in the span of one afternoon, it's a common trope.

Realistically I don't think Cassie and Nate were actually in love. But they were hormonal teenagers in a high stress situation, a huge turning point in their lives. It makes sense that they would imprint on each other, associate the feelings they have about that night with the feelings they have for each other. That would enhance how they feel about each other, make them think it was more important and significant than it actually was. Especially since neither of them had ever been in a relationship before.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Nadia's relation to Pym wasn't a common knowledge, though. She spent most of her life locked up in the Red Room, so it's possible Vision didn't know about it. Then again, when you think about it, Billy, Teddy and Tommy were on the Avengers Fail Safe Program when no one else even had a clue they were related to Wanda and Mar-Vell. Which brings up the question: how did Vision know about them? And if he knew, why did he never tell anyone, specially considering two of them were the reincarnation of his own sons? Obviously, it's probably the kind of thing Heinberg didn't think through when he was writing the story, but you can't help but wonder and feel like it was shady of him to hide something like that from the Avengers.
    I always headcanoned that Vision knew about Janice Altman and Teddy, that he met her when she came to Earth and helped set them up with new identities and a place to live. It's harder to explain how and what he knew about Billy and Tommy.

Or maybe Vision wasn't actually the one to create the fail safe program. He never mentioned it to anyone, and he hasn't discussed it at all since he came back.
    It could be like the Patri-Not from Gillen's run, something from the future that was installed in Vision in order to ensure the creation of the Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I always headcanoned that Vision knew about Janice Altman and Teddy, that he met her when she came to Earth and helped set them up with new identities and a place to live. It's harder to explain how and what he knew about Billy and Tommy.
    I think it's so messed up if he knew and didn't tell anyone. I mean, think about all the trouble he could've avoided if people knew:

Teddy - if the Avengers had known, they'd be prepared for a Skrull/Kree fight/invasion over Teddy and would be able to stop that, or at least reduce the collateral damage. Maybe Janice (I had no idea that was her name) would still be alive today if the heroes were looking out for her family.

Billy and Tommy - if the Avengers had known and informed Wanda her children were back and safe, maybe she would've never had her infamous mental breakdown that led to Disassembled/M-Day.

So, inadvertently, Vision just ended up making things worse by keeping this a secret.

Or maybe Vision wasn't actually the one to create the fail safe program. He never mentioned it to anyone, and he hasn't discussed it at all since he came back.
    It could be like the Patri-Not from Gillen's run, something from the future that was installed in Vision in order to ensure the creation of the Young Avengers.
    I like this headcanon. Honestly, I could see Kang being behind this. He wouldn't be dumb to pay a visit to his younger self if he knew that would threat his own existence as Kang, so maybe that was a part of his plan all along: he would scare young Nate away to the 21st century so he would create the Young Avengers, which would in turn result in the events of The Children's Crusade, that was seemingly the beginning of Nate becoming evil. God, that would be genius.

And of course, in Exiles, he rejected both Kang's villainy and the Young Avengers - so in that world, he foiled that plan. Maybe that led to Kang merging with Galactus, forming the Exiles' first villain, the Time Eater?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Cassie has a thing for teen villains trying to go it good.

There was Kristoff Vernard before Nate after all....

She'll probably end up with aged up Evan from X-Men before long :P
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

So, Katherine Langford has a role in the upcoming Avengers 4 movie and Jeremy Conrad, this guy who often has inside info on movies, retweeted this:

https://twitter.com/Mitch692/status/1055934442525675521

And he also seemingly confirmed the rumors about an older Cassie being in the movie are true, as he said someone else is playing her:

https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/1055934592580968449

I mean, come on, if all of this turns out to be correct, I really, REALLY think they are setting up the Young Avengers in the MCU. I mean, why else would Kate and Cassie be in this movie together? I'm freaking out here!
    With rumors of a Hawkeye series coming to Disney streaming and Loki and Scarlet Witch already on their way, I think we might see them experiment with the MCU formula. I could see them setting up kid Loki, Wiccan&Speed, and Kate in these series and promote them to MCU proper in a Young Avengers film. Now if we get a series about the original super-soldier serum program or a "starforce" series from Captain Marvel then they'll have all their ducks in a row to start a Young Avengers series.

Phil Noto decade variants. The entire original YA team except Iron Lad is on the 2000s cover, and America is on the 2010s one.

https://www.newsarama.com/43128-phil...-variants.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Phil Noto decade variants. The entire original YA team except Iron Lad is on the 2000s cover, and America is on the 2010s one.

https://www.newsarama.com/43128-phil...-variants.html
    YASSSSSSSSSSSS 2000s REPRESENT! It's good to know Marvel considers them a notable part of that time... now they should put the money where their mouth is and give us the deets on that damn comeback already. BTW, this reminds me that it's kinda sad how they had their 10th anniversary in 2015 and Marvel didn't really bother to do anything nice with the team. Hopefully they'll make up for that now.

And man, this is the second time Eli shows up in a variant cover, while being completely absent from the actual comics. This is so frustrating.

See the shots that Kate took (ayy), young Kang is shook (ayy)
    Shrink like I'm Cassie, chillin' with Bill and Teddie
    Eli fans in a tizzy (yeah, what?)
    Like where is he? (Yeah, what?)
    No one seen him (yeah, yeah)
    I'm tryna read 'em (yeah)

YASSSSSSSSSSSS 2000s REPRESENT! It's good to know Marvel considers them a notable part of that time... now they should put the money where their mouth is and give us the deets on that damn comeback already. BTW, this reminds me that it's kinda sad how they had their 10th anniversary in 2015 and Marvel didn't really bother to do anything nice with the team. Hopefully they'll make up for that now.

And man, this is the second time Eli shows up in a variant cover, while being completely absent from the actual comics. This is so frustrating.
    Oh yeah, this cover is, like, the first time Ei's shown up in something official in a long while isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, this cover is, like, the first time Ei's shown up in something official in a long while isn't it ?
    Actually, not too long ago they used him in one of those Pixel Battles they promote on social media. It was so random. I really want to know what's the deal with him and how they seem to be able to use him for promotional purposes, but not for the actual stories they publish.