View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192
Results 1,366 to 1,377 of 1377

Seems like the issue could just be his name, Eli Bradley. He was mentioned in Captain America Sam Wilson #24, but only in the context of the new Patriot Rayshaun Lucas being told the codename was already in use, only for Shaun to tell Sam that he'd been in touch with the old Patriot who had retired, and got permission to take over the mantle. Eli was never named, only referred to as the old Patriot.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Seems like the issue could just be his name, Eli Bradley. He was mentioned in Captain America Sam Wilson #24, but only in the context of the new Patriot Rayshaun Lucas being told the codename was already in use, only for Shaun to tell Sam that he'd been in touch with the old Patriot who had retired, and got permission to take over the mantle. Eli was never named, only referred to as the old Patriot.
    If the name was a problem, it might be more about his last name than the first. I mean, the Truth book never mentioned any Eli; he was a completely original character for the Young Avengers series. So if him being a Bradley was the sole problem because of whatever issues they had with the creator of Isaiah Bradley, couldn't they just bring the character back under a different last name? Although it would probably be very detrimental for the character if he is not allowed to ever talk about his family roots again, as that was such a fundamental part of his story and what made him a hero. Maybe that's exactly why they're not using him again: it's pretty much impossible for you to tell Eli's story if his family is erased from the MU. The only way he could work is if he is reintroduced into that universe and they retcon his origins, which I would dislike very much, but oh well, one could argue having him around is better than not having him at all.

That's exactly what I was referring to. I think Marvel just cut their losses with him and decided to create a new Patriot instead.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I don't really think there are legal issues with Truth; it's a work-for-hire book, after all. My suspicion is that Marvel just doesn't want to acknowledge Truth because the story is so controversial and has such an effect on Captain America's origin. I feel like it's an MCU-related decision. I know it sounds kind of conspiracy theory-ish, but I can't really come up with any other plausible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I don't really think there are legal issues with Truth; it's a work-for-hire book, after all. My suspicion is that Marvel just doesn't want to acknowledge Truth because the story is so controversial and has such an effect on Captain America's origin. I feel like it's an MCU-related decision. I know it sounds kind of conspiracy theory-ish, but I can't really come up with any other plausible explanation.
    We might never truly know what happened, but we've had at least one comic book pro (Jeremy Whitley) saying he heard from the Truth artist there were legal issues regarding the Bradleys, and since I see no reason why Whitley would lie about this, I choose to believe there is some truth to it.

Yeah, Whitley is Unstoppable Wasp's writer, no way would he slander an employer.

Troye Sivan for Billy and Tommy! lol. I just had the thought after seeing his white hair and then I found this pic...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Troye Sivan for Billy and Tommy! lol. I just had the thought after seeing his white hair and then I found this pic...
    He used to be my fancast for Billy once upon a time, and yeah, this image totally sells me on Tommy too, 'cause it IS a very Speed look; bleached hair, green clothing and orange-ish glasses. And I really like Troye, but unfortunately I don't see him playing a regular character on a superhero franchise. It'd take a lot of his time, and he seems to focus more on his music these days.

So 2019 is finally here, and hopefully it'll be the year Marvel Comics redeems itself by giving the Young Avengers everything they deserved to get and didn't in the last five years. Hopefully news about the alleged relaunch won't take too long to arise. Also, I'm really hoping the team makes it outside of comics. They need some mainstream attention.

Anyway, going back to the subject of new additions to the team. I was thinking of how I said I wanted new Iron Man and Thor legacies on the team to fill the void left by Nate and Billy a couple of pages ago, and now it just hit me that if Marvel hears my prayers and Teddy gets to be promoted to an actual Captain Marvel legacy, we could also use someone to fill the Hulk legacy spot. Someone I think could be a nice addition to the team is Lyra, the Savage She-Hulk. Not only I like her backstory and the way her powers work (getting calmer to get stronger), she is probably a much better fit to carry out the Hulk legacy, as she is actually Bruce's daughter with Thundra. And having a female ''Hulkling'' on the team could be a nice nod to the fact that Hulkling was originally conceived as a female character.

Also, the recently created Civil War Thread made me think of Namorita, and she's someone I also could see being a good legacy addition to the team. The team having an atlantean/mutant could be interesting, plus I just really want someone to follow up on Nita and whatever was supposed to happen between her and Water Snake.

And oh, I was also thinking about that conversation we've had once about how they could bring Jonas back, and it got me thinking... what about Vin's body? Tom King established that Vin was damaged beyond repair, which means that even if they rebuilt him, it would probably not be the same Vin he used to be. If they don't want to bring Jonas back on his OG body for whatever reason (I always assumed they found him redundant because he looked too much like old Vision), why not give him a new body in the form of what was left of Vision's son? And yeah, I realize that this sounds very morally questionable, but hey, maybe that's exactly what makes it an interesting story.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    And oh, I was also thinking about that conversation we've had once about how they could bring Jonas back, and it got me thinking... what about Vin's body? Tom King established that Vin was damaged beyond repair, which means that even if they rebuilt him, it would probably not be the same Vin he used to be. If they don't want to bring Jonas back on his OG body for whatever reason (I always assumed they found him redundant because he looked too much like old Vision), why not give him a new body in the form of what was left of Vision's son? And yeah, I realize that this sounds very morally questionable, but hey, maybe that's exactly what makes it an interesting story.
    This would be an interesting call-back to how Vision himself was originally thought to be a new character in the (repurposed) body of the WW2-era robotic Human Torch.

I'd love to see Namorita back, and while she's hardly 'young' anymore, neither are our heroes! Namorita being fairly wealthy (and her Atlantean connections) would offer up some new story possibilities beyond the 'Billy casts a spell and it's another Tuesday in Sunnydale' angle.

Namorita is younger than you think. Remember, she was killed in Civil War. Richard Rider then resurrected her - by pulling her out from the past, before the events of the 2005 New Warriors series. She's probably a couple of years younger than she'd be otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Frankly, such a thing should be a Young Avengers/Champions crossover. Viv would have emotional stakes in any attempt to rebuild Vin. She's been rebuilt herself. Vision thought she was dead, after High Evolutionary turned her into a human and she then sacrificed herself to stop his plan in the Worlds Collide Avengers/Champions crossover. Vision made a new Viv from scratch. Viv 2.0 was evil. The original Viv managed to convert herself to data, and got home just as 2.0 was awakened. 2.0 then attacked the still human Viv but Viv killed 2.0 in self-defence. Then, with the help of Nadia Van Dyne, Viv downloaded herself into 2.0 (whose body was repairable, but mind was thought to be brain dead, destroying her human body. That's what you have in mind for Vin, right? He's brain dead, so Jonas, whose body was damaged beyond repair, would be downloaded into him?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Namorita is younger than you think. Remember, she was killed in Civil War. Richard Rider then resurrected her - by pulling her out from the past, before the events of the 2005 New Warriors series. She's probably a couple of years younger than she'd be otherwise.
    Yeah, the current 616 Nita might be around the same age (or slightly older) as some of the Young Avengers. But even if she still had her original age, she would be what, on her early to mid-twenties? That's still young enough for me. I mean, I did suggest Toni Ho as the new Iron Person of the team, and she's also a bit older than the other members. I think young adults are still eligible to be Young Avengers, and a little bit of an age difference between the members could even be good for the team dynamic.

Frankly, such a thing should be a Young Avengers/Champions crossover. Viv would have emotional stakes in any attempt to rebuild Vin. She's been rebuilt herself. Vision thought she was dead, after High Evolutionary turned her into a human and she then sacrificed herself to stop his plan in the Worlds Collide Avengers/Champions crossover. Vision made a new Viv from scratch. Viv 2.0 was evil. The original Viv managed to convert herself to data, and got home just as 2.0 was awakened. 2.0 then attacked the still human Viv but Viv killed 2.0 in self-defence. Then, with the help of Nadia Van Dyne, Viv downloaded herself into 2.0 (whose body was repairable, but mind was thought to be brain dead, destroying her human body. That's what you have in mind for Vin, right? He's brain dead, so Jonas, whose body was damaged beyond repair, would be downloaded into him?
    Well, Viv and Vision are the only characters that I think would be really relevant for this story, so I was thinking of them guest starring on a Young Avengers book instead of a big crossover with the Champions. And yeah, my idea is basically that they would upload what's left of Jonas on Vin's body, and all the drama that would probably cause within the Vision family. I could totally see Cassie being in favor of this and trying to convince Viv, while Vision is strongly against it. I think it could also be a great moment to finally explore more of Billy and Tommy's connection to the Visions and where they fit into that family.