Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default So is the White Rabbit the most popular new Batman villain since Prof. Pyg?

I thought this was just another throw away villain, but her cameo in Forever Evil and the multitude of fan art I have seen of her suggests she has some degree of popularity. What is your opinion of this character and where do you think she is headed?

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

White Rabbit, for me, was an awkward and too simple visual, combined with an interesting concept, that mostly failed to come off because that series was so awkwardly handled at the time, between re-dialoguing, dropped storylines, dropped plots halfway through issues, and other messes.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

She's popular?

I dunno, I guess it's just down to fanservice.

EDIT: And to be honest I'm sure Snyder's Court of Owls/Talons are probably more popular.

I'm with LoneNecromancer, she's popular? I'm not sure a bunch of people who just like to draw women in their underwear on deviantart liking her makes her the most popular anything since anything.

Don't get me wrong, I think the whole can't be caught thing is an interesting take on a Batman villain, but she's amounted to nothing.

Again, I think people just like cleavage...

She looks like she belongs in one of those comics that Balent draws, these days...

She's popular from a T&A aspect. Beyond that . . . ?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    She's popular from a T&A aspect. Beyond that . . . ?
    That's probably it.

I do like her backstory, MO, and power, though. Actually exploring why she splits off the White Rabbit aspect, why that aspect of her looks and acts as she does, could easily be very interesting. But, well, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

Jaina was a great romance for Bruce, too. Had that been given more room to breathe...
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Aside from the gratuitous fanservice aspect, I heavily doubt she's that popular.

And quite frankly, I still don't understand what the hell was up with the character. So she can split into two people...she seems to have some kind of personal interest in ****ing around with Bruce/Batman...she seems to be un-catchable...and I didn't get much beyond that. So what's her deal?

(Oh, and Professor Pyg's popularity still mystifies me. Sure, the concept is kind of interesting, but somewhere down the line, the execution just veered off into "look how completely nuts this guy is".)
    Last edited by The Red Monk; 06-07-2014 at 07:22 AM.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Not sure if she is technically popular. She has made a couple of appearances outside the initial story arc like in shots in Villains Month and so on. Don't think she has amounted to anything... at least not yet. But I am intrigued by the concept namely a villain who manages to essentially outruns Batman in a sense. Personally, I would like to see some of the chemistry that old Batman had with Catwoman with White Rabbit. Not in a romantic sense but that... dynamic that is currently (to me at least) lost between the two. There is potential there... and I don't say that because of her costume Just think there is always potential in most villains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    She looks like she belongs in one of those comics that Balent draws, these days...
    That's because she does belong there.
    And seriously, how is she at all popular?

....She's Popular?

Seriously, when I think of White Rabbit. I think of this Gal:

Ironic that she was a Steel Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.wonderful View Post
    ....She's Popular?

Seriously, when I think of White Rabbit. I think of this Gal:

Ironic that she was a Steel Villain
    I don't know anything about this^ character, but that's already a cooler design (if a bit dated).

A fanservice background character nothing more

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

What has she done other than run around in underwear?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's because she does belong there.
    And seriously, how is she at all popular?
    Only first seven issues and cover of 8 of Dark Knight Volume 2 & Forever Evil event and Arkham War Crossover, but then again, the latter is purely out of cramming as many Bat-Villains in there for an ensemble of villainy, and the former, I've enjoyed them enough, pumping with art & action, but even there, the bigger story, was with Scarecrow and Bane, with a host of other established Arkham escapees, in drug-steroids.

Give her her own solo battle against Bats, no more "popular" opponents attached, in a popular Bat-Title, and we'll see how that goes.