th.jpg

The Last Witch Hunter looks to be one of those movies that has both Supernatural History and Supernatural Now elements. It looks to have a pretty good Cast its got , Vin Diesel ( Fast and Furious ,2 Fast 2 Furious, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift , Fast & Furious , Fast Five , Fast & Furious 6 , Furious 7 , Furious 8 ) Elijah Wood ( The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring , The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King ) Michael Caine ( Jaws: The Revenge , The Muppet Christmas Carol ) and Rose Leslie whose in stuff.

What LWH could be is a Merging of Fast and Furious and Lord of the Rings basically , since its got the F&F action element and the Fantasy Dungeons and Dragons elements of LOTRs. But it can also have Horror elements since, there's not to many horror themed movies out there in the theaters this October with Halloween around the corner. So through and Through LWH has just about every genre in the genre pool. The question is can the movie draw enough people to the theaters or are people going to say " I'll wait for that one on cable"

Me honestly, I think it could be one of those Better then expected type movies. and in this sense this genre of Witches has been kind of good and bad - take it or leave it, Some movies that have done it Right " Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunter" and " Van Helsing" but then you have movies that kind of did it wrong like " I, Frankenstein" and " Season of the Witch" the one with Nicolas Cage not the tagline of Halloween 3 or the Romero Witch Cult movie.

Yet if it does get panned on the first days of release, then I think its a shame because like I said , no many horror movies this October, might Have to Roll With the Vin Man once again for that Horror fix instead of that Fast Car fix, to get that horror fill for October.