Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I don't remember everything I've read about Wright's original plan, but I do recall the character of Hope was highly improved from what it used to be. From what I understood, she was supposed to be some very minor character just there to be Lang's girlfriend or something, not developed at all. No disrespect to Wright or his fans, but I'm glad we got Peyton Reed instead. Watching the movie, I felt like he had a profound knowledge and respect for the material and a love for ALL the characters, not just Lang (as I felt was the case with Wright... still wonder why, honestly).

And like you, I do wish for more flashbacks scenes with Hank and Jan. Heck, I was rooting for a prequel, not a sequel, but I guess we can't have it all
    Yeah I heard that as well. I also heard that Janet's absence wouldn't have even been addressed in Wright's original script. I admired how Reed insisted on adding that flashback scene.

We will just have to wait and see more news regarding the next Ant-Man film. If they are going to bother going into saving Janet from that realm I think it would be important to have a lot of flashback scenes to sustain her importance.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    Bleeding Cool is reporting that Marvel will be canceling "Inhumans" as well, leaving 4 open slots at the end of their current schedule.
    http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/20...-with-inhumans

Heroic Hollywood (and a couple other news outlets) are confirming with their sources that this rumors is completely false.

Thank God! Black Bolt (and Karnak!!) and the rest of the Royal Family will still command the screen!
    Last edited by redrunner97; 10-09-2015 at 08:21 PM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I can't imagine that going over well with the fans. When she was last seen, Jan sacrificed her life to save people. It doesn't make sense for her to be evil.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    "Marvel casts Catherine Zeta Jones as Janet Van Dyne!

The first Wasp returns from the Quantum Zone where her age was slowed due to the different passage of time in that realm just as Hope Van Dyne comes into her own as the heroic Wasp! However, an enemy from the past of the original Ant-Man and Wasp duo returns to the battle their successors in the biggest fight of their lives!

Starring Matthew McConaughey as THE EGGHEAD!"

You're joking, but there was indeed a rumor Michael Douglas would like his real-life wife to play Jan ...

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    I can't imagine that going over well with the fans. When she was last seen, Jan sacrificed her life to save people. It doesn't make sense for her to be evil.
    Maybe not evil ... but I guess spending years in the Quantum Realm can seriously mess with your mind ...

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Perhaps a more accurate statement would be, don't announce set release dates for the films. If they hadn't have done that, if they'd just said "yes we're making a Captain Marvel film in Phase Three," then I feel like the annoyance would be nearly as bad. Because the sense that Marvel is dragging their feet by announcing it, then repeatedly pushing it back wouldn't be there. They could have always announced a release date later.

Also, the way that this was handled does absolutely nothing to "soften the blow" or make them seem "socially progressive." If anything, it does the exact opposite.
    We have known for a long time that Marvel's plans are very fluid. They usually wait until the end of each Phase to announce the next one but the hype surrounding BP and CM made them release the schedule early. If they had just announced that they are doing a movie but then there were still rumors of Dr. Strange, Inhumans, Spider-man, etc, flying about then they would still be accused of misleading the fans by not confirming anything. I wouldn't be surprised if what they released during last year's Marvel Event was a crude schedule that was always subjected to change. What we have now is the schedule we would have likely gotten if they had held back on announcing their slate until the end of Ant-Man.

Hell, even Ant-Man was getting moved from Phase 1 to Phase 2 to Phase 3 then was suddenly changed to a Phase 2 epilogue. Does anyone really think the Phase 1 and Phase 2 movies came out in exactly the same order as they were originally drafted? They underwent changes, some of which we are aware of, some of which we aren't. It's just that now we get to see that happening in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lccf View Post
    You're joking, but there was indeed a rumor Michael Douglas would like his real-life wife to play Jan ...
    I saw that interview and it's where I got the idea from. I find it very likely that Catherine Zeta Jones will play Janet.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I would rather see Catherine Zeta Jones as Monica Rappaccini

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I would rather see Catherine Zeta Jones as Monica Rappaccini
    This reminds me that the MCU could do a lot more with AIM post-Iron Man 3...

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me that the MCU could do a lot more with AIM post-Iron Man 3...
    Here's my nerdy idea for a Man-Thing movie that utilizes AIM:

spoilers:
    I want a Man-Thing movie opening with Ellen Brandt, the ex-wife wife of Dr. Ted Sallis (set before she becomes one of the Extremis volunteers/victims in Iron Man 3), is working under A.I.M. to steal the super soldier serum replica from the SHIELD base where he ex-husband is stationed - in Citrusville, Florida. She sneaks into the base's lab and breaks into the vault where it's being housed. Just before she makes it out, she feels a gun against the back of her head and realizes it's Dr. Sallis, there to make sure the serum doesn't leave SHIELD's hands. Brandt hands it over to him and immediately hit her panic button, triggering A.I.M. to launch a full-scale assault on the base. Ted runs out of the lab to find everywhere overrun with A.I.M. agents. He darts off into the woods, Brandt and a few others following him. He makes it to a camouflaged SHIELD motoboat and takes off. Brandt stops her fellow goons from shooting him, saying she'll be the one to do it. She does and it causes him to crash the boat into a tree, which in turn makes him, the boat, and the serum sink into the murky waters. She rushes to the water and commands one of the goons to go retrieve the serum, and pray to God it's not destroyed or Killian will have their head. Just as he enters the waters, a giant slime-covered monster rises in front of him, causing the man to freeze in fear. The Man-Thing reaches out and grabs him, secreting an acidic substance that melts the flesh from his bones. Brant tries to run, but she's also petrified by the fact that his eyes look just like Ted's; the love of her life, whom she irreversibly betrayed. The monster lashes out at her, slashing her across the face with a vine protruding from it's body. The acid scars her and she falls to her knees, crawling up the bank and running away, yelling to her fellow A.I.M. agents to abort the mission. The Man-Thing creeps back into the swamp, never to be seen again.... until years later (current MCU timeline) Jennifer Kale opens the Tome of Zhered-Na and unleashed Thog the Nether-spwan and Howard the Duck from the Nexus -sucking them out of their lives in other worlds- within Man-Thing's swamp, and he's drawn out by the fear they unleash upon Citrusville. Jennifer Kale, Man-Thing, and Howard team up to destroy Thog and at the end SHIELD comes to take Man-Thing away. Jennifer stops them by explaining that he is the sole guardian of the nexus, and Howard the Duck decides to move on (to a solo movie).
    end of spoilers
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Has there been an updated Super Hero movie poster produced with all these new films (dates)?

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Newsarama has one.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator