Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    I was just thinking about the Kree thing too. So I agree 100%.
    Same here. Plus its only three months. I'd rather they didn't rush it given that they admitted a little while ago the script wasn't even written.

Excellent news about Ant-Man and the Wasp. Co-headlining the film I think is great, as both were such strong players. Really happy the film did well enough to earn another go like GoTG.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Walker View Post
    In February. The same month that brought us the RoboCop remake, Seventh Son, Jupiter Ascending, Winter's Tale, Snitch, Bullet to the Head, A Good Day to Die Hard, Vampire Academy, Monuments Men, etc. It's the month where studios send undercooked award bait and poorly constructed tentpoles to die. You get the occasional high quality hits (Kingsmen and The LEGO Movie spring to mind) but a February release date is usually a sign that the studio thinks a flick will make zero dollars if it has any competition.

The only news I would take worse than this is it being moved to direct to video or cancelled outright.
    Yup, that is the fear I had when I saw it, wouldn't be surprised if the film itself was pretty half assed the way they keep moving it. Hopefully I am wrong.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Yup, that is the fear I had when I saw it, wouldn't be surprised if the film itself was pretty half assed the way they keep moving it. Hopefully I am wrong.
    The movie doesn't have a script, or a director, and is two years away from filming. I don't know how they'd know it's already "half-assed" and be trying to dump it in a wasteland.

BANNED

At least Carol's movie will still come out before Avengers 3 part 2. That means whatever plans they had for her they can still use, unlike the Inhumans after they got Spidey-ed out of Phase 3.

Speaking of which, of course they didn't push his movie back.

I wonder, will Ant-Man and the Wasp follow Rudd and Lilly's characters or the original two? I'm kind of hoping for both.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Anyone else thinking Carol will be Inhuman in the MCU and that film will somehow introduce the royal family into the MCU?

For all we know they could just show up in one of the Infinity Wars, but this just makes sense to me.

Without introducing Mar-vell and doing the Kree origin, just have it be Terrigen that accidentally ends up unlocking her powers, then the Inhumans are drawn out by this new world-wide knowledge of their people (going even beyond the Agents of SHIELD incident).
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

I'm actually okay with this. Four months doesn't make that much of an excrutiating difference in my book and it makes sense to release the sequel of an already established movie within a three year cycle when the other movie doesn't even have a finished script yet.

Batman v Superman has been moved twice as well, won't that movie be "pretty half assed" according to that logic?
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The movie doesn't have a script, or a director, and is two years away from filming. I don't know how they'd know it's already "half-assed" and be trying to dump it in a wasteland.
    Yeah. I don't think I'd call it "half-assed" - it's just not a very high priority compared to their more "proven" characters.

This means Captain Marvel and Shazam are now a month apart. Might be awkward if DC decide to use Shazam's original name during the film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    I'm actually okay with this. Four months doesn't make that much of an excrutiating difference in my book and it makes sense to release the sequel of an already established movie within a three year cycle when the other movie doesn't even have a finished script yet.

Batman v Superman has been moved twice as well, won't that movie be "pretty half assed" according to that logic?
    That movie's problem will be that they tried too hard. It will be double-assed.
    Last edited by ImprobableQuestion; 10-08-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I understand why they pushed back Captain Marvel but man does it make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Walker View Post
    In February. The same month that brought us the RoboCop remake, Seventh Son, Jupiter Ascending, Winter's Tale, Snitch, Bullet to the Head, A Good Day to Die Hard, Vampire Academy, Monuments Men, etc. It's the month where studios send undercooked award bait and poorly constructed tentpoles to die. You get the occasional high quality hits (Kingsmen and The LEGO Movie spring to mind) but a February release date is usually a sign that the studio thinks a flick will make zero dollars if it has any competition.

The only news I would take worse than this is it being moved to direct to video or cancelled outright.
    I think the real issue is that all those movies you just mentioned sucked. I'm pretty sure if you put a good movie there it would do fine, there is no actual reason people wouldn't go to the theatre in February. It's just a self fulfilling prophecy where movie studios convinced themselves only certain months are good, and then release junk no one wants to see the other months, thus reinforcing the misconception since no one goes to see the junk.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Captain Marvel is being pushed back 4 months. It's not like they'll have an entire year to better the story. I truly think they moved the release date so that they won't have more than 3 movies in 2018.
    ^This. With Thor: Ragnarok in November 2017, Feige will be seeing four films released within a 9 month period. Captain Marvel being pushed back gives him and the other producers a decent break. Still sucks for Carol fans though.
    Last edited by robreedwrites; 10-08-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I understand why they pushed back Captain Marvel but man does it make me sad.
    I get the frustration, but I'm OK with Captain Marvel being pushed back 4 months if it means we're getting Wasp co-leading a movie. The wait won't be unbearable and we'll be getting two high-profile female characters, something I personally crave for.

Incredible Member

I'm gonna comment more later, but I don't think Black Panther and Captain Marvel being moved to February/March shows a lack of confidence. Neither has begun filming yet, and neither have coneted scripts. If Marvel really lost faith in them, they would just cancel the film. That's it. They still have faith, and are likely hoping they can do even better if they're slotted in to times without a lot of tentpole films. And no, they're not just sticking with it because one has a black lead and the other is female. They could easily use Falcon, War Machine, or Black Widow to suit that 'criteria.' They want these movies to succeed, and are trying a strategy that they think will give their films the best chance.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Okay maybe half assed was the wrong word to use, but in BvS case it has a director, a writer and vision and an actual reason to move. BP has none of that, it seems Marvel are only making it because they're obliged too, as soon as Spidey came swinging suddenly that is taken priority. So yes the fact they keep moving BP shows it doesn't mean much to them.
    Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan; 10-08-2015 at 11:08 AM.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.