Super Moderator

Default NYCC EXCLUSIVE: Valiant Launches New Archer & Armstrong Series by Roberts & Lafuente

Rafer Roberts spoke exclusively with CBR about the Archer and Armstrong-starring "A&A," illustrated by newly Valiant-exclusive artist David Lafuente.

Full article here.

Here's hoping FVL's got a new title in the wings...

Incredible Member

I have high hopes for this... not familiar with the creative team, but my fingers are crossed!

It is interesting... FVL has said he has more Archer & Armstrong on the horizon, but didn't explain how. He also mentioned that he was working on another Valiant series outside of Ivar, Timewalker.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

I loved Archer & Armstrong so of course Valiant canceled it. By unhappy coincidence anything they put out that I enjoy gets that. I'm hoping this volume is as good as the last!

Sounds pretty neat and glad to have A&A back.
    Odd that Valiant is signing up another artist with an exclusive when hes barely done any work for em previously. But i guess it means they have confidence in the guy.

Wonder what Van Lentes working on...
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 10-08-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    I have high hopes for this... not familiar with the creative team, but my fingers are crossed!

It is interesting... FVL has said he has more Archer & Armstrong on the horizon, but didn't explain how. He also mentioned that he was working on another Valiant series outside of Ivar, Timewalker.
    Wow. I thought for sure he was cruising straight into this series from Ivar. I'm not familiar with the creative team either, but I have no reason not to trust Valiant's decision making when it comes to them.

FVL has said numerous times he told the story he wanted to tell in A&A. With Timewalker wrapping up, I'm sure his next VALIANT book is in the horizon. He confirmed at a recent Con that he has scripts turned in but no art yet for the next project at VALIANT.

Looking forward to getting A&A back. I much prefer them to Quantum and Woody.

I chatted with FVL at NYCC – he confirmed he's got something in the works but can't say anything yet.

Congrats to the new team and I'm curious as to what they're going to bring to the table.

Also I hope there won't be to big of a break for FVL. I love his books and he's my favorite writer when it comes to comedy.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider