Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Thor vs Behemoth

Thor(616 marvel) vs Behemoth(worm).

Bonus - Uncanny Avengers vs the 3 original Endbringers.
    Last edited by Farealmer; 10-08-2015 at 02:05 PM. Reason: clarity

Mighty Member

MCU, Behemoth without a doubt.

Marvel 616, Thor without a doubt.

Animated, not familiar enough to say, probably Behemoth considering that the Graviton fight was apparently a fairly high end performance for that Thor.

Agreed about the MCU Thor getting wiped out by Behemoth. More unfamiliar with 616 Thor.... he should be able to pull a win, but he's definitely going to be feeling it, and it is probably going to be a much nastier fight than expected (physics takes a hike when you get near an Endbringer core).
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    Agreed about the MCU Thor getting wiped out by Behemoth. More unfamiliar with 616 Thor.... he should be able to pull a win, but he's definitely going to be feeling it, and it is probably going to be a much nastier fight than expected (physics takes a hike when you get near an Endbringer core).
    Mjolnir has energy manipulation powers far beyond what Behemoth or, hell, Scion can pull, and the Endbringers have explicitly finite energy reserves.

Maximized Energy Drain ftw, essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Mjolnir has energy manipulation powers far beyond what Behemoth or, hell, Scion can pull, and the Endbringers have explicitly finite energy reserves.

Maximized Energy Drain ftw, essentially.
    Depending on how fast Behemoth is, this also could be over pretty quick. Thor's a high-end bullet timer / low end mach-speedster. Outside of that, what's Behemoth's ceiling as far as energy manipulation, we assuming it can absorb hits / energy from Thor ? It absorb that level of energy beforehand ? Could it stop him from ripping off a Godblast ? Etc,
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Depending on how fast Behemoth is, this also could be over pretty quick. Thor's a high-end bullet timer / low end mach-speedster. Outside of that, what's Behemoth's ceiling as far as energy manipulation, we assuming it can absorb hits / energy from Thor ? It absorb that level of energy beforehand ? Could it stop him from ripping off a Godblast ? Etc,
    Behemoth never really goes all out in Worm. His best tanking feat is when he took a countrybuster in India, and it was stated several times that he could have redirected that energy if he hasn' been destracted

So a planet buster + would mess it up proper, regardless.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Most probably. There's no telling what it could do going all out, but I think Thor's output is going to be beyond anything Behemoth could realistically handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Most probably. There's no telling what it could do going all out, but I think Thor's output is going to be beyond anything Behemoth could realistically handle.
    Which is the issue. Narrative implies it could handle more, but it never shows it.

Was trying to remember if there was anything on the level of 616 Thor in Worm, but ... my memory of Worm is limited, and terrible.

But like ... worst case, Thor just teleports it into the sun. Or throws Mjolnir at it. It's not stopping Mjolnir.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Which is the issue. Narrative implies it could handle more, but it never shows it.

Was trying to remember if there was anything on the level of 616 Thor in Worm, but ... my memory of Worm is limited, and terrible.

But like ... worst case, Thor just teleports it into the sun. Or throws Mjolnir at it. It's not stopping Mjolnir.
    Basically just Scion. Endbringers, powerful as they are, just fragments of the Worm entities. Who potentially has even more wacky esoteric powers than Thor, but not quite on Thor's level, feats-wise. Biggest feats for his species are blowing up planets, but that's with a lot of time and effort. And for Scion to actually battle someone like Thor in a protracted fight, he's going to burn through his energy reserves so fast it'll probably exhaust itself just trying to keep up.

Unless Scion has something like Foil or Grey Boys powers, but Thor probably has the reflexes to dodge stuff like that.

Mighty Member

Basically just Scion. Endbringers, powerful as they are, just fragments of the Worm entities. Who potentially has even more wacky esoteric powers than Thor, but not quite on Thor's level, feats-wise. Biggest feats for his species are blowing up planets, but that's with a lot of time and effort. And for Scion to actually battle someone like Thor in a protracted fight, he's going to burn through his energy reserves so fast it'll probably exhaust itself just trying to keep up.

Unless Scion has something like Foil or Grey Boys powers, but Thor probably has the reflexes to dodge stuff like that.
    Just to note, the Entities don't just blow up planets. They simultaneously blow up all dimensional iterations within their range (which is finite, but stupid huge) of the planets they land on.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Just to note, the Entities don't just blow up planets. They simultaneously blow up all dimensional iterations within their range (which is finite, but stupid huge) of the planets they land on.
    Oh, yeah, that's true.

But that takes, like, a shitload of long-term prep to build up to that point, doesn't it? Like, they can't just do that on whim?

Hey, wait a minute. I just thought of something.

Worm entities require energy to survive, right? And they can just drain energy from whatever, right?

Why didn't they just become sun eaters? Like, I know there was that whole evolution through conflict and whatever, but if they were just trying to survive, they could have feasts on whole galaxies of stars.

Mighty Member

Oh, yeah, that's true.

But that takes, like, a shitload of long-term prep to build up to that point, doesn't it? Like, they can't just do that on whim?

Worm entities require energy to survive, right? And they can just drain energy from whatever, right?

Why didn't they just become sun eaters? Like, I know there was that whole evolution through conflict and whatever, but if they were just trying to survive, they could have feasts on whole galaxies of stars.
    Turning a planetary mass into energy gives you approximately forty four million years worth of the energy output of a main sequence star, and the Entities turn zillions of planets into energy simultaneously. The scales involved make solar power rather unsuitable.

Oh, yeah, that's true.

The 'prep' isn't (just?) to set up the explosion. It's to gather data from the beings living on the world, and once it's done they gather the Shards back and detonate the planet(s) thus sending themselves to their next destination.

They aren't 'just' trying to survive. They're trying to become gods (essentially), and have determined that the best way to do it is by using other species to acquire experience and creativity.
    Last edited by Siriel; 10-08-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Depends on how fast.

Thor's faster than, say, Spiderman, but slower than Pietro.

But Foil's ability hinges on being able to do serious damage to Thor in the first place, which ... er ... I guess could work ? Maybe ? Gray Boy's might do something, but Thor isn't dying of old age anytime soon.

Arx Inosaan