Super Moderator

Default "Captain Marvel's" Meg LeFauve Explains the Trick to Writing Powerful Characters

LeFauve, who will co-write the "Captain Marvel" film with Nicole Perlman, says it comes down to finding Carol Danvers' vulnerability.

Full article here.

kudos and good fortune

She's right since it can be more difficult to write someone that powerful, but all that means is you just make sure she has someone as strong to fight.

Her vulnerability? She needs to save everyone and no one person can do that...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    She's right since it can be more difficult to write someone that powerful, but all that means is you just make sure she has someone as strong to fight.
    I don't think she was taking about fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post
    Her vulnerability? She needs to save everyone and no one person can do that...
    I'd put it slightly differently: Carol has an addictive personality and doesn't know when to stop. She takes unnecessary risks. She drinks a lot. She tries to save everyone. Basically, she thinks she has no limits, and when she pushes herself too far it can fall apart quickly. Usually it's her she ends up hurting, but not always. The Civil War stuff with Julia Carpenter, for instance, was all about Carol feeling personally betrayed and not knowing when to stand down.

To be clear, I love Carol for this. It makes her so human when her power set could put her off into Superman realms of boringness (and, yeah, also read good Superman stuff, but a lot of it is fairly meh).