Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Guardians of the Galaxy, #1

THE RACCOON'S IN CHARGE!
    Peter Quill has abandoned the Guardians and his role as Star-Lord to be Emperor of the Spartax. Rocket didn't wait a single minute to take the reins and become team leader of Drax, Venom, Groot, Kitty Pryde (A.K.A. Star-Lady ?!?!) and new Guardian BEN GRIMM, the everloving THING!

Full article here.

All-New Member

Really Ben Grim in the opening sounds like he has never been in space before.
    He has been there more then most heroes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Voulge View Post
    Really Ben Grim in the opening sounds like he has never been in space before.
    He has been there more then most heroes.
    Don't feel bad, Bendis forgot Kitty hates being in space because of the whole trapped-in-a-giant-space-bullet thing, too. But Bendis has never let a little thing like "continuity" get in the way of writing whatever the frell he wants before.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Don't feel bad, Bendis forgot Kitty hates being in space because of the whole trapped-in-a-giant-space-bullet thing, too. But Bendis has never let a little thing like "continuity" get in the way of writing whatever the frell he wants before.
    Who cares about story when you can have a gender swap!! WOO!! It's new and different! I mean, it wouldn't be new or different to take a female, non-white, or GLBT character and make them male, white, or straight -- that would be boring for.... some reason. But the other way around?! Especially with a character that has been around for decades and is not really different in any other way?? New and exciting!!
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Rocket, Groot and Grimm together aughta be worth the price of admission alone.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    Who cares about story when you can have a gender swap!! WOO!! It's new and different! I mean, it wouldn't be new or different to take a female, non-white, or GLBT character and make them male, white, or straight -- that would be boring for.... some reason. But the other way around?! Especially with a character that has been around for decades and is not really different in any other way?? New and exciting!!
    I thought she got over it in the ramp up to Black Vortex when she had to go and rescue Peter.

I just took the Ben Grimm scene as him just enjoying being in space, yes he's been there before but it's still his life's dream.

Astonishing Member

looks like a fun ride
    I'm on board

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Not true st all.

First of all, Bendis is the one that introduced the concept of Kitty hating space. Second, she got over her fear in Black Vortex. Her last speech in the book is literally her saying that.

Why is Kitty Pryde in this? Seriously?! W.T.F. 'Star-Lady.' This is so stupid.

I haven't enjoyed the Bendis Guardians, but this was a really good issue. Was I supposed to recognize the villain at the end? I thought Hala was a planet, not a person.

Ben Grimm did not sound like Ben Grimm. Bendis has written the Thing before and never had this problem. Why drop his accent?
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

BANNED

I doubt I'll be pulling this but I read the preview in a pack in today. I'm a big fan of this direction for Kitty. She deserves to be in charge of something, and the X-Men were a bit crowded when it came to would-be leaders.

Replaced Star Lord with PC-Starlord AND breaking up the F4? God, it's sad how low Abnett's old amazing cosmic universe has been brought.

Well, at least Bendis didn't take us back to Earth in this issue.

So instead of trying to find a way to help her species from death by Terrigen Mist (which is pretty stupid in and of itself since we just got back from Decimation), she is gallivanting across space? Yeah i liked her a whole lot less after BotA and BV but now it has hit a new low...unless she still has cosmic level power. If she does she is utterly dead to me.