Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

I have not got my copy so far,but i am getting at least the first issue.
    The Preview looks good.

2099 is totally dope, I'm so glad Miguel is in 616 working for Peter. Lots of interesting drama will come from all this for sure.

Also: a fridge is where I keep my perishable foods. Who doesn't want Miguel to have fresh food? Not me.

Amazing Member

I tried to add another link to another positive review but it won't let it post. Weird.

PAD
    Last edited by Peter David; 10-20-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter David View Post
    I tried to add another link to another positive review but it won't let it post. Weird.

PAD

Pffft....the hell with reviews. I've had the chance to read every series of Spider-Man 2099 in less than a years time, and as far as I'm concerned, you've nailed it on every one. I haven't read the first issue of the new series yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for an entertaining Spidey book!

PAD
    Hi PAD! Can I have more of trades of SM2099 classic? Or the whole run? Pretty please?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I have a positive review for you -

PETER DAVID rocketh in everything that he doeseth!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Default Spider-Man 2099 #1 Spoilers

A lot of weird things happened in this. The connection to Parker Industries, the Temporal Portal to the future, Secret Wars 2099 Roberta Mendez, Cap, as his assistant, and the attack on Tempest. This has been an interesting revelation in MARVEL where we are noting some pretty radical changes in the direction from where we left off in the 616.

Spoilers

In MARVEL, 2015, Miguel O'Hara wins the Ninja USA contest, because Tempest suggested it. Then Miggy is told off by Peter Parker for exposing himself, but Miggy responds his quiting his Spider-Man gig. There is a report from Raul on the blocking of sale of a prison by Alchemax, but another mob has the contract, Maestros Empire Unlimited, who kidnaps superheroes. Miggy is introduced to Roberta Mendez, a part of his Avengers team in SW 2099, as Cap, but he doesn't remember her, but she remembers him. Miguel takes a ride to the basement and enters a Temoral Portal to 2099 and its in ruins, and he's attacked by Mohawk natives with spears. Stopping Alchemax didn't change the disaster in the future, so somehow, other things caused that to happen. He goes to dinner with Tempest and she tells him she's pregnant when a car smashes into their table taking Tempest out, we think, because of the Black panel at the end.

End of Spoilers

You think MARVEL 2015 is mixed up? This book really cranks that up, showing how business-like Parker runs his tight ship, and the mixtures of 2099 from Secret Wars, and, Maestros Battlerealm Empire Unlimited. This is a jumbled mess, not in a bad way, but in a way that challenges the story to make sense of 3 realities all at once. This has me hooked, because it seems like an overlay to the whole MARVEL 2015. The only thing missing is an Ultimates connection, but Miguel did mention Miles Morales in passing.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-20-2015 at 06:57 PM.

I read the first issue and I liked it, thumbs up! I'm glad I gave it a try with the Marvel relaunch. But after reading this thread should I read the previous volume for back story?

PAD
    The time paradox will not allow postings for positive reviews about stories that feature time travel. Yeah, it's weird alright!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So, those in 616 don't remember Secret Wars?

Interesting that he was made such a powerful person in Secret Wars. Guess Doom liked him?

When does the issue release?

Quote Originally Posted by Manbat View Post
    When does the issue release?
    One week ago.