Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Gwen, #1

Super Moderator

Default Spider-Gwen, #1

BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT!
    Gwen Stacy is back in the webs and has an all-new, all-different mystery to solve: the reappearance of The Lizard! Spider-Woman was convinced that the Lizard died in her arms along with Peter Parker. But when a similar monster goes on a reptilian rampage, she's left with doubts not only about Peter's life, but his death as well. And witness the debut of the Osborns of Earth-65! Fan-favorite creators Jason Latour, Robbi Rodriguez & Rico Renzi are back for more with a story that every Spider-Fan will be talking about!

Full article here.

BANNED

Bandito! Nooooooo!

Astonishing Member

Book I'm most excited for even though it didn't need a relaunch.

A reference to the Wasp? Is Janet van Dyne Gwen's employer?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    A reference to the Wasp? Is Janet van Dyne Gwen's employer?
    Considering how Spider-Gwen universe works, I am not even expecting her to be the Wasp.

Maybe Jan creates Ultron in this universe.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Book I'm most excited for even though it didn't need a relaunch.
    Just because its a new #1 doesn't mean its a relaunch. As is the case with every other title going forward, its a new volume continuing all the same stories that were already going on. They are simply starting an arc that goes back and looks at what happened to Peter when she first became Spider-Woman.

That's one of the appeals of this comic. Right now anything is mostly possible.

This and many other books didn't need the relaunch treatment. The only good thing from it for me is seeing what artists Marvel and some stores got to make variant covers and for me to seeing them on my computer screen for enjoyment.

Howard the Duck and Squirrel Girl poke fun of the fact they got another #1 in the same year which I enjoyed on the cover and if I was a talented great artist employed by Marvel to make a Spider-Gwen cover I would probably do the same with Spider-Gwen taking the "1" and webbing up a "6" over it.

Not a fan of the re-numbering (if it was a new team making Spider-Gwen that would be different) mostly for the sake of organization and understanding how to organize properly. For Spider-Gwen that's currently not a problem thus doesn't bother me for Spider-Gwen much but others it can be with the date of the comics's release not on display on the cover as well.

I also don't understand why I'm reading comments on various discussion sites and forums and comment section treating like only Spider-Gwen got this treatment when so did many other comics did yet nobody making a big deal about them sometimes and focusing on the one.

BANNED

Makes Gwen even cooler that she has equipment she can't properly upkeep. That's a nice detail.

BANNED

i feel that this series needs to prove itself with so many new books coming out soon....if gwen falls into a habit of jumping between worlds then the book's not gonna keep my interest long

I agree that I think for the Spider-Gwen series Gwen should just stay on Earth-65 and leave all the Mult-dimension hopping tales and events to Web Warriors which she is also apart of that team or other comic series but for the Spider-Gwen comic as her world and cast still has to continue to grow and develop plus is a big part of who she is and our appeal I want her to stay to her home earth and have adventures, drama, and discoveries there.

One thing I do like about 1#s only for all the comics is seeing the different variant cover artworks from my computer screen. Which are you personal favorite upcoming Spider-Gwen variant cover artworks from 1-3 and not counting cost? Plus what has been your favorite Spider-Gwen covers thus far overall throughout the series run?

For the upcoming I like the: Bradshaw, Phantom, and Hasting covers.

1st Bradshaw cover looks very cool and intimating which is what she should appear to be (to her villains and robbers). It has a strong and creepy vibe (particularly with the spiders) but I love that.
    2nd Phantom cover looks great and a well made art of the face of Spider-Gwen (plus that is Spider-Gwen without majority of other covers giving her a pretty smile but a more determined look and youth)
    3rd Hasting cover oddly this isn't Earth-65 Gwen (which usually has me turn away but not this time) nor 616 Peter but looks like a sort of What If story cover. Looks fantastic and the coloring is beautiful with the bright colors and warm hues showing a happy couple and the people around them. Despite it's happy picture the tone of the theme is a sad one thus this is a emotional well made and beautiful art piece. A piece of happiness that Earth-65 and Peter-616 has lost in their Earths but on another they have each other bonded neither a spider but content.

Honorees: Campbell (it's a "beautiful-fty" Spider-Gwen but it's still a Earth-65 Gwen in his art vs 616 Gwen plus that added textures (possibly influenced by a certain cosplayer) and beautiful background looks great. Overall my favorite of the Spider-Gwen art he has done),
    Cosplay and hip hop covers (after seeing some just recently out for some reason looking at the cosplay and hip hop covers just look better in my hand then on a screen),
    Brooks (beautiful art and style and I love the Italian words but biggest killer for me is it's not Earth-65 BG not that is that Earth-65 Gwen. If Gwen of Earth 65 the real Spider-Gwen character inside the comic was made and no Spider-Man in her BG then this would on been in my top three if not number one spot),
    Action figure (wasn't a fan of the action figure variants but this new series with a updated modern feeling appearance and details look wonderful),
    DF (basic but cool and a sister type comic to the cover of Spider-man they have. Like seeing the elements of her world/adventures),
    Heroes Aren't Hard (it looks like a scene in the comic and has the characters themselves and Gwen's musical passion while not focusing on her but of the band in total)
    Young cover (I just find them fun, adorable, and funny alot of times and this one has Spider-Gwen plus her world's atmosphere in young style art).

Out of time so I'll write later my favorite covers thus far released for Spider-Gwen later.

After being less excited about the title based on the news of multidimensional travel being utilized, this preview got me excited again. I especially love the use of "Radioactive" as the titular modifier - it feels very fitting to Spider-Gwen.

Is perhaps an Osborn the new Lizard?

-Pav, who was interested in the reference to the maker of her web shooters...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I just remembered in Edge of the Spider-Verse #2 where Spider-Gwen made her debut in that Slash page showing a quick showcase of her history with the spider bite to her web swinging over NYC there was many signs and one of them was for Wasp "the new fragrance from Van Dyne".

Thus Van Dyne might not be the maker of the web shooters but instead Gwen might of used fragrance bottles and components inside to make her own web shooters. Improper care however has that nozzles jam up (warning that might indicated that the bottles and possible the fragrances might be not of high quality). Still anything could and can happen and be presented. Those that we know as heroes on 616 can be villains or less moral but the same can apply to villains of 616 being more moral or good guys on Earth-65.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Anyone pick this up? Any good? Better then the first run? I dropped it after #3 liked the concept but the story was rather boring.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Oh yes please. That'd be a cool way to do it. Then Ultron can have Mommy issues instead of Daddy issues LOL.