Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    The only thing that's ever worked for me long-term is counting carbohydrates. Not a low-carb diet, necessarily, but just making sure I don't go overboard by setting an arbitrary limit.
    Keto is the only the thing thats ever worked for me. I've tried calorie counting with exercise and gotten no results after months of effort and actually be responsible and accurate with my calories.

I know part of my problem is my age and that I have an auto immune disorder (Hashimotos) which is destroying my thyroid but its still frustrating how hard it is to find good keto options that don't require massive amounts of cooking effort.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Keto is the only the thing thats ever worked for me. I've tried calorie counting with exercise and gotten no results after months of effort and actually be responsible and accurate with my calories.

I know part of my problem is my age and that I have an auto immune disorder (Hashimotos) which is destroying my thyroid but its still frustrating how hard it is to find good keto options that don't require massive amounts of cooking effort.
    Keto worked well for me also. I also felt like I had more energy and less of an appetite as a result.

I think you have to find what works for you and then do your best to stay consistent with it, get a good amount of exercise, and be realistic.

Can I join in this thread?

So, I used to be healthy and trim, now I'm overweight. Like, really fat. After being put on medication (antipsychotics), I put on weight. Some of the medication made me eat more, especially sugar and carbs, some didn't and I ate like I would usually eat. Under both circumstances, I saw the weight being put on - the medication not only made me put on weight from excessive eating of carbs, but it also did something to my metabolism and stuff such that I started gaining more weight regardless of what and how much I was eating.

After a period of not being on medication and feeling like I had the energy to do so (antipsychotics make you feel zombie like, very lethargic, lacking energy etc), I tried to lose weight. I did this a couple of times seriously. For example, I made sure I was eating very, very healthy and portioned my meals and I exercised, e.g., I hired an exercise bike and did sessions almost every day (with rest day) alternating intense cardio workouts with weight exercises at home. Nothing happened, my weight didn't change... and I continued to put on some weight. I went to the gym and took advantage of the equipment. Nothing happened. I put on some weight. I put on some more weight after becoming exasperated and giving up. I developed sleep problems (again) and found myself thinking I had sleep apnea because I was so tired and foggy headed during the day even when I was able to sleep through the night. And now I am desperate to lose weight, I hate the body I'm in and what medication has done to me, I have no self-esteem and I'm self-conscious, and being overweight has caused me to have worse and worse issues. For one thing, I have really bad flat feet that causes foot pain, ankle pain, muscle pain, leg pain, back pain - and carrying more and more weight makes all these pains worse. I really need to do something about losing weight.

So I was thinking, if I am really strict about eating very very healthy (vegetarian? I used to be vegetarian - back when I was relatively thin) and counting calories. I'm hesitant because, well, I kinda did do this before and it didn't work. I tried keto once, but I found it was kinda difficult and I ended up spending a lot of money on food (I'm on disability so I'm on a budget).

Anyone have any recommendations as to what to do? Should I just knuckle down and focus on caloric deficit for a good period of time and be patient?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

Mix the ingredients into a baking pan. I find keto dishes the easiest to do.