Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Not bad, some fun elements here and there.

Although I feel like Gordon was badly portrayed here.
    Agreed. I didn't really think he was very consistent with how he's been written in the other titles.

I still enjoyed this issue though. Underbelly as a personification of all of the evil in Gotham seems like a potentially much more significant villain than you would guess from this issue alone. The banter between Jason, Roy, and Jim as they figure out how to take him down was amusing. The real highlight for me though was definitely Jason going to visit Bruce at the end. That was very nicely done. Joker's Daughter is back already? We just got rid of her over in Detective Comics. Not my favorite villain but we'll see how she does here.

It was decent but I think I woulda liked spoilers:
    the underbelly fight to maybe have been shorter and maybe survived as an ongoing myth villain. The idea that he was trying to incite the darkness or lingering evil in Jason's heart woulda made for some probably drama. Also at the Jason and Bruce meet it woulda been more powerful with a lack of text boxes. THat coulda conveyed how stunned Jason was at seeing such a defenseless and huggable Bruce
    end of spoilers.

But I was okay with the end of this storyline.

I am bummed out that we're gonna have an event tie in issue in just 2 months. At least Death of the Family had the grace to wait until 2 trades of RHaTO was out.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spectacular Member

the hug

BANNED

The feels, man, the feels.

That`s why Jason is such a doable character. Hardass on the outside, but when something like this catchs him off guard, he can show another side and it doesn`t feel out of character.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalethas31 View Post
    the hug
    Yeah, that scene was fantastic. The rest was kind of by the numbers but the meeting with Bruce made up for it.

Say what you want about Lobdell, but at least he gave us two hugs between Bruce and Jason. I'm so happy!