Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "The Expendables 4" to Film Next Year

Despite a lukewarm reception for "The Expendables 3," the fourth film in the action franchise is gearing up to shoot next year for release in 2017.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Cool beans.

Personally, I thought 3, while there's a rift between the first and second parts of the flick, was pretty cool. I tore through all three with my grandpa, this summer, in one day and it made 3 play for me better than watching it on its own.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

My first thought on reading the thread title was "Jesus, there's only been three of them so far?" It genuinely feels like this series has been going forever.

Yass! Love this movies. It's kind of herathwarming to see washed up actors who can't find work anywhere to still doing what they do best.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

I kind of prefer Jean Claude Van Damme and Steven Seagal's return to straight-to-DVD micro-budget obscurity to the Expendables' big-budget spectacles where everyone gets something to do but no-one ever really shines. I think Arnie, Sly and Statham make better solo movies, tbh.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Ugh...Megan Fox....

but Jaa and Iko tho....

but Megan Fox.....
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

50 Cent does not fit the OG thesis behind this series, nor does Megan Fox, she replaces Charisma Carpenter as Lee's woman it seems.
    I do not know Iko or Jaa really, both were bit players in something else I saw looking at their IMDB.

Essentially that was a big issue for me with EX3, the MMA folks being drug into the series like they belonged, they didn't.

Andy Garcia works.

What this entry needed was Segal, Keanu, Cage, Kurt Russell a quick cameo by Clint Eastwood. Pipedream cameos by Will Smith, SLJ or Tom Cruise of course fit this series OG thesis.
    Angelina Jolie, Michelle Yeoh, Uma Thurman or something for S. Weaver to pay tribute to the ladies of action that fit the thesis.

I'll see this but my expectation bar has been lowered.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    50 Cent does not fit the OG thesis behind this series, nor does Megan Fox, she replaces Charisma Carpenter as Lee's woman it seems.
    I do not know Iko or Jaa really, both were bit players in something else I saw looking at their IMDB.

Essentially that was a big issue for me with EX3, the MMA folks being drug into the series like they belonged, they didn't.

Andy Garcia works.

What this entry needed was Segal, Keanu, Cage, Kurt Russell a quick cameo by Clint Eastwood. Pipedream cameos by Will Smith, SLJ or Tom Cruise of course fit this series OG thesis.
    Angelina Jolie, Michelle Yeoh, Uma Thurman or something for S. Weaver to pay tribute to the ladies of action that fit the thesis.

I remember them saying they were looking at an all women Expendables some years back, but I feel its like them saying they are doing an all ladies Fast and Furious movie, it just sounds good and progressive to say.

I am OK with the OG Action Star aspect of this to be left behind. Its like how many of them can still go anyway? Hell im fine with this series being used to shine a light on new action stars, but then again, we have so much media, so many movies, tv shows, etc, its not like you need the franchise to launch new stars. But if that was now the goal or idea behind it, with some OGs like Stallone, Lundgren etc, in much smaller roles, Im good with that. Heck, Statham aint no spring chicken as it is, he should be getting phased out soon as well.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post

Ugh...Megan Fox....

but Jaa and Iko tho....

but Megan Fox.....
    She's not that bad.....

Andy Garcia works.

Funny thing is, Statham has been in a long relationship with Rose Huntington-Whitely, who replaced Megan Fox in Transformers 3.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Wow its been one year shy of a decade since the last Expendables movie? Doesn't feel like it but math doesn't lie (2014, 2023).

At least its rated R. Statham taking more of a lead, and Stallone more of a backseat role, makes sense given their ages + Stallone is probably busy with other projects. Where's Snipes, though?

I honestly don't know the rhyme or reason for who shows up in these flicks, other than Stallone Lundgren Statham and Couture are the mainstays. But I'm sure it'll fun.

They should do a straight-to-DVD version of this instead with the likes of Cynthia Rothrock, Scott Adkins, Billy Blanks, Ed Skrein etc.

what about that comic book series where the concept was "The Expendables go to Hell"?

This thread was from 2015? So has this movie been on ice since 2016/17?

Imagine if they could get Sigourney Weaver and Linda Hamilton with Michelle Yeoh for lady representation. Throw in Brigitte Nielson as well (I imagine there's some personal issues, but ... I'm sure they can set it aside for a fun cameo or something)