Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Just saw the movie. Good mindless entertainment action. Enjoyed it!

Would recommend if you liked the first 2 films. 50 cent is a kinda weird add, since he doesn't fit the mold of "old action" star, but he plays his role ok.

I haven't seen them all, but hasn't it always been a mix of old-timers and new guys? That's why Statham is there. (or was - maybe he seems old by now?)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    50 Cent does not fit the OG thesis behind this series, nor does Megan Fox, she replaces Charisma Carpenter as Lee's woman it seems.
    I do not know Iko or Jaa really, both were bit players in something else I saw looking at their IMDB.

Essentially that was a big issue for me with EX3, the MMA folks being drug into the series like they belonged, they didn't.

Andy Garcia works.

What this entry needed was Segal, Keanu, Cage, Kurt Russell a quick cameo by Clint Eastwood. Pipedream cameos by Will Smith, SLJ or Tom Cruise of course fit this series OG thesis.
    Angelina Jolie, Michelle Yeoh, Uma Thurman or something for S. Weaver to pay tribute to the ladies of action that fit the thesis.

I'll see this but my expectation bar has been lowered.
    Seagal? He's ruled himself out long ago when he started licking Putin's boots. Plus, he's the size of a blue whale, and none of that is muscle.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I remember them saying they were looking at an all women Expendables some years back, but I feel its like them saying they are doing an all ladies Fast and Furious movie, it just sounds good and progressive to say.

I am OK with the OG Action Star aspect of this to be left behind. Its like how many of them can still go anyway? Hell im fine with this series being used to shine a light on new action stars, but then again, we have so much media, so many movies, tv shows, etc, its not like you need the franchise to launch new stars. But if that was now the goal or idea behind it, with some OGs like Stallone, Lundgren etc, in much smaller roles, Im good with that. Heck, Statham aint no spring chicken as it is, he should be getting phased out soon as well.
    Somebody else ended up doing it. It's low budget but it's not terrible and it holds to the concept of the draw being older action stars with one or two younger folks, so it's Cynthia Rothrock, Vivica Fox, Zoe Bell and Brigitte Nielson...women you could buy in an action movie

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Somebody else ended up doing it. It's low budget but it's not terrible and it holds to the concept of the draw being older action stars with one or two younger folks, so it's Cynthia Rothrock, Vivica Fox, Zoe Bell and Brigitte Nielson...women you could buy in an action movie

Never knew this existed but they had me at Rothrock.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVe me some Cynthia Rothrock.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Incredible Member

I think I get why 50 Cent is there. "HE GOT SHOT NINE TIMES!"

There's another movie from a year or two ago where Megan Fox tries to play a soldier. Emphasis on tries.

It would have been cool if they at least brought back Glenn Powell from the third one. He had the most personality of the younger crew, and he would seem more like he belongs after Top Gun Maverick.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Never knew this existed but they had me at Rothrock.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVe me some Cynthia Rothrock.
    She doesn't do much in it, as I recall. I think she's their boss. It's an Asylum movie so it's quite cheap, though I seem to recall it being more competently filmed and edited than most of their creature features.

Vivica A. Fox was never an action hero that I can recall.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post

There's another movie from a year or two ago where Megan Fox tries to play a soldier. Emphasis on tries.

It would have been cool if they at least brought back Glenn Powell from the third one. He had the most personality of the younger crew, and he would seem more like he belongs after Top Gun Maverick.

She doesn't do much in it, as I recall. I think she's their boss. It's an Asylum movie so it's quite cheap, though I seem to recall it being more competently filmed and edited than most of their creature features.

Wasnt that Kellan Lutz instead of Powell?

I saw that action movie with Megan Fox, too. It was really bad. I switched it of after half an hour.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Her closest brush with Action was that tunnel sequence in Independence Day that I recall. She saved the dog and that counts for something.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Invincible Member

She's hasn't been exclusively an action star, she's done way more comedies and dramas. However, she's done handful of thrillers and no-budget action flix that nobody's ever seen. Having said that she did a convincing job in Kill Bill.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Her closest brush with Action was that tunnel sequence in Independence Day that I recall. She saved the dog and that counts for something.

Supposedly, they trained in fighting and martial arts for 6 months before they started shooting

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Wasnt that Kellan Lutz instead of Powell?
    They were both in it. Powell had a personality.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

Supposedly, they trained in fighting and martial arts for 6 months before they started shooting
    I forgot all about this. Kill Bill is a movie I've seen once, unlike Independence Day, so that would explain my amnesia on this.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime